PIN2DMD unsigned mini-USB

kbueno

Hi,

After a long journey I decided to acquire some plates of the excellent design of Lucky1 PIN2DMD EVO.

The pcb's have come to me recently and I'm wanting to install and activate the firmware for use.

I followed the step by step installation but my computer does not recognize the PIN2DMD in any USB input.

I noticed that when I connect the mini-USB to the card and connect to the computer I do not get any notifications or alerts when I connect or disconnect the USB and there is also no signal on the PIN2DMD. In the device manager without signal.

I tried the install attempt countless times through the executable DfuseDemo, ST-Link Utility and zadig, but I did not find any device signals connected to the PIN2DMD.

I only get the power light on the PIN2DMD only when I connect a 5V source, but I realize that there is no light or data signal through the mini-USB.

What can I be doing wrong or can I risk the plates being damaged?

Here are some pictures of the board and the display I'm using.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks for your help in advance!

DFuse.jpg

ST-LINK.jpg

PIN2DMD EVO 2.jpg

PIN2DMD EVO 3.jpg

PIN2DMD part1.jpg

PIN2DMD part2.jpg

PIN2DMD part3.jpg

PIN2DMD part4.jpg

PIN2DMD part5.jpg

display2.jpg

• Content Provider

To put the STM32 into DFU mode you need to

- hold the DFU button
- press/release the reset button
- release DFU button 

The evo should then register as a device in DFU mode.
Then use the choose/upgrade function of the DFU utility to upload the DFU image from my github. 

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider
8 hours ago, 7hund3r said:

Hello a have the same problem,  already tried put on DFU mode but nothing happen. I'm using 12v 5A external power supply.

Thanks.

Since my information solved the problem of KBueno there may be missing information from your problem.

Please give me a little more details what exactly you tried. Which software you used. What the status of the LEDs is etc

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Since my information solved the problem of KBueno there may be missing information from your problem.

Please give me a little more details what exactly you tried. Which software you used. What the status of the LEDs is etc

1. Plug the 12v DC external power 12v 5A power supply on X1;

2. Hold the DFU button;

3. Press/Release Reset button;

4. Release DFU;

5. Plug the Mini-USB cable;

Tried some variations, like, before plug the 12V hold the DFU and plug the power, then press/release the reset and release the DFU, plug the mini-usb before hold the DFU.

The Power led always on, checked the voltage on SWD +3V3 and read 3,17V, checked voltage on RGB display is 4,7V. 

The SD card is inserted but with no files, formated FAT32.

I'm using Windows 10 and DFUSE Demo v3.0.6, tried on WinXP on another computer either.

Thanks.

I think is bad STM32..... 

$sudo openocd -f interface/rpi1.cfg -f target/stm32f4x.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00930-g09eb941c (2019-09-16-22:59)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
        http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
BCM2835 GPIO config: tck = 25, tms = 24, tdi = 23, tdo = 22

Info : Listening on port 6666 for tcl connections
Info : Listening on port 4444 for telnet connections
Info : BCM2835 GPIO JTAG/SWD bitbang driver
Info : JTAG and SWD modes enabled
Info : clock speed 2030 kHz
Info : SWD DPIDR 0x00653394

$

:(

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem as 7hund3r.

Cannot get the board into a stable DFU mode.. after pressing the 2 buttons as mentioned the DFU mode disappear after 2 secounds..

Tried to resolder some points but without any luck.

I measured all resistors on the board to doublecheck.. seems there are 3 resistores that hasent the correct resistance. R4 should be 47, but I measure 0Ohm. R31 should be 11k, I mesaure 3,18k. R32 should be 3.9k I measure 2,9k..

Can this be the problem?

Archived