Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zimmer62

Using Addressable RGB's for non RGB lights?

So I have boatloads of Addressable RGB leds, and the wiring in my opinion is easier than having a bunch of home runs to my PACLED64...  So solving two problems I'd like to run the addressable LED's that I have already.

The question I have is:

Can I single out just one or two LED's in a "strip" to have them act as a non RGB led? Example: Start Button, Launch Button, Fire Button, Coin LED's etc...  

I've tried setting them up as a 1Wx1H LED strip, but it occurred to me there would be no where to set the color... I guess I was hoping to find a spot to set the color of a single addressable RGB led to emulate a single color LED.

The way I'd picture it looking is something like the attached image, then in the Cabinet.xml file there would be a way to assign a color to the 1x1 toy.

I couldn't find anything while searching so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

dof.jpg

For addressable LEDs you can only use MX ending options in the dof config tool. Others won’t work.

It seems like this could be a feature request at some point.  As cheap and as easy to come by the Addressable LED's are, I'm imaging a table where all LED's are controlled by a teensy and daisychained LED's

• Like 1