[New VPX Alert]The Phantom Of The Opera (Data East 1990)

The Phantom Of The Opera (Data East 1990)

Phantom Of The Opera

Original mod for VPX by 32Assassin
I finished up the modeling and texturing

• New Machine Learned / AI Backboard
  • Bumper Covers
  • Light in Organ
  • Added Missing Plastics
  • Added Catwalk Ramp
  • Added Wire Ramps L/R
  • Added Magic Mirror flapper, and Plastics
  • Adjusted Lighting for the Phantom letters in the back

Do deal with sound Tuning, make sure Display DMD is set to 1 (On) in the script, then press "Tilde" -> ` The symbol to the left of the "1" key and modify sound banks, there are 3, 1 for the "Phantom of the opera sound and some FX" and the other two are for the organ and the other musical pieces that play.

i keep losing ball in ball lock. Sometimes if I wait the table will look for the missing ball and return it. mostly not, especially if it's a multi ball and I shoot both in there.

Anyone else having an issues?

Thank you for this beautiful table,

also having a lock problem: when shooting into the lock (see green arrowed line in picture) ball won't return. Very sometimes I get a ball back on that red wire on the left but most times it does not.

2nd: ball was quicker then the kicker on the left outlane (see yellow line) so the ball got into the drain and never returned. I do think I did hear the kicker so I guess it was registered by the switch (it all goes very quick) but it was just to late to do so and never got it back

3r:  what is that red small light on the PF (blue line).

Thanks!

poto.thumb.PNG.0f662df804c6053eb2622b2e601310a0.PNG

On version 0.96, when the ball drains straight down the middle(not the outlanes) pass the flippers, the game does not register the ball drain, the table goes into ball search mode but does not find it, requiring a re-start of the table to continue.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, bladeof said:

On version 0.96, when the ball drains straight down the middle(not the outlanes) pass the flippers, the game does not register the ball drain, the table goes into ball search mode but does not find it, requiring a re-start of the table to continue.

I have the same issue with the missing ball after it drains in the middle.  It worked fine in 0.91...

I am also still trying to figure out how to make the music louder.  Speech is loud, but the music is very faint in the background.  Any help is greatly appreciated ?

ANd thanks to all involved - this is a great table!  Looking forward to more !

on new update having issues still with 3 ball when i shoot both balls in organ 3rd ball doesnt go to plunger to shoot then 2 balls come out of organ when 3rd ball doesnt  shoot with plunger cause it is still in the troft

• 2 weeks later...

You're all welcome, but it's this awesome community, and robwaade that wouldn't let it sit, unchallenged. I just took it upon myself to try and listen, and learn. And I'm about to release Secret Service, which has taken all the knowledge gained from POTO and put it to good use... still couldn't have done it without 32Assassin, but I'm getting to the point where I might solo a table...

Thank you for this awesome table! From what I gathered, this one wasn't easy and caused a lot of issues. Again I thank you for sticking with it and all the hard work you all put into it, to pull it off. It plays great. You all are much appreciated. :)

10 hours ago, robwaade said:

IS THERE A WAY TO LIGHTEN UP THE APRON TO SEE LOGO WHEN PLAYING IN NIGHT MODE

There is, I need to re-visit the apron, as it's a 3D Model currently, and that's not always the way it's done, what would help is good detailed pictures of the apron, so I can pull the art and re-do the apron model.