Pinscape/controller advice

captaincroutons

Hello all,

I’m hoping someone can provide me with some input/advice on a build I’m about to start. I’ve had a mini vpin for a while now, made from a gutted zizzle cab, and I finally decided it needed to be upgraded. I’m building from scratch with some nice ply, bought chrome Bally legs, a plunger, pinscape board, and I’m going up to a 32” play field from a 27” play field(also going to a 16:9 screen for backglass from a 4:3). Ultimately, my major concern right now is this: I was using a simple usb encoder for my buttons, but now I’m gonna install the pinscape board but I don’t particularly want to solder buttons in, mainly want it for nudge. I was also planning on mounting a 360 controller in the cab and connecting my plunger to the stick for analog plunge. My question is: using something like xbox360ce, can I successfully map the pinscape board for nudge, a usb encoder for buttons, and the Xbox controller stick for plunge?

tl;dr want to use a button mapper to combine multiple physical controllers into one.

Thanks!

• Content Provider

to be honest, I would just stick with the pinscape for all of it, much less hassle.  I just added one to my mini-cab to replace my old ipac and sidewinder controller(nudge) and added a plunger instead of just a lunch button.  it was pretty easy to do.  I soldered headers onto the pinscape board and crimped connectors on the wires for buttons.  I went with the potentiometer recommended in his docs for the plunger and just did a simple bent wire wrapped around the plunger through a hole in the slider to make it work, easy peasy.  I don't have pics at the moment but can get one later a a day or two.

I sell them completely soldered and ready to go, Plunger solution is also available from my shop... just in case you change your mind and don’t want to solder 7-800 solder joints if you go the full route.

Shop in the footer ;)

Dom

Archived