My new Cabinet (sort of)

rosve

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, Dazz said:

Awesome! Do you still have the real machine that you built?

No, I Got tired of it and reused the parts for a new an better machine which I later sold off. 

Was gonna design and build a third machine but I don’t have the time for it right now so I have to settle with a simple virtual pinball system.

I had almost forgotten how much fun a vp-cab can actually be ?.

• Administrators
No, I Got tired of it and reused the parts for a new an better machine which I later sold off. 
Was gonna design and build a third machine but I don’t have the time for it right now so I have to settle with a simple virtual pinball system.
I had almost forgotten how much fun a vp-cab can actually be [emoji3].

Surely you’ve seen some of the new stuff we are doing, right? Pin-Up Popper front end is great. The new video interactions. I re-built the head on my cab recently. Went from a Pin2K style to a more modern Stern look with a 3rd 16” video screen. Sooooo much fun.

4be7dd301a9108c92320865713c759f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Huh. Of course he knows that 10.x is out and plays awesom, But, there is also SSF (surround sound), FFS (might be cool for your current setup), FastFlips (essential imo), ColorDMD seems to have accelerated and the quality of the colourization is really nice. I'm sure there is a lot I should have mentioned. Just make sure you check them all out.

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Huh. Of course he knows that 10.x is out and plays awesom, But, there is also SSF (surround sound), FFS (might be cool for your current setup), FastFlips (essential imo), ColorDMD seems to have accelerated and the quality of the colourization is really nice. I'm sure there is a lot I should have mentioned. Just make sure you check them all out.

I haven’t played much with VPX yet. Tried it when it first came out and it really sucked. I will give it another go eventually but for now I’m happy playing fx3. 

The FFS would look good on my setup though.

• Content Provider
18 hours ago, Dazz said:

Surely you’ve seen some of the new stuff we are doing, right? Pin-Up Popper front end is great. The new video interactions. I re-built the head on my cab recently. Went from a Pin2K style to a more modern Stern look with a 3rd 16” video screen. Sooooo much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your cab looks really sweet, Dazz.

Personally, I don’t care much for video overlays and an endless number of addon functions. I Want to keep it simple since I don’t have time/interrest enough to setup and learn all the extra softwares involved.

IMO the best tables in VPX outperforms FX3 for realism. I recommend playing TNG by Knorr, Star Trek by nFozzy, Jack-/Pinbot by Bord as a start. There are many great emulated tables out there. FX3 is not all crap, it just isn't good enough for me to dedicate HD space for it on the cab.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, captaincroutons said:

That’s really nice! Is that a custom lockdown bar? I’ve been trying to figure out how to make something like that for ages without paying someone else to fabricate it. If you made that, how did you do it and what did you use?

It’s a fake lockdown bar. Painted on with chrome spray but it looks and works quite well. Didn’t want to spend any money on this build.

Archived