Hi members,

this is my wip of lord of the rings sso far... ;)

i've done about 70-80% of it but atm i feel a bit tired because of all the drama, greed, missinformation going on behind the scenes and sometimes even publicly...

for now you can get the beta files here:

Password is: VisualPinballAddicts

Once I have the power to finish it I will upload it here.

Cheers
Dom

EDIT: I hereby prohibit uploading, redistributing and repackaging these files!

score.gif

attackofshelob.gif

gandalfvssaruman.gif

giftofelves.gif

lotr.gif

palantir.gif

escaperingwraiths.gif

fotraragorn.gif

fotrfrodo.gif

fotrgimli.gif

entsdam.gif

dooropen.gif

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, Rappelbox said:

And I forgot to mention:

Special thanks to@WOB for providing dump files and testing (playing ;) ) for several hours to provide these!!! Thanks man, really appreciate it.

No drama, hope you find the energy to return to it, they are hard work for sure.

Not tried it yet, planned to do it this weekend. Looks very good @Rappelbox

Thank you. Take your time on this. A project like this is not for everyone, requires a lot of work and I do understand how you feel. There are some idiots in our community, like everywhere else.

I must admit I forgot to try this release last week. Installed it, but, had so many other things I wanted to do. I will definitely play LOTR this weekend though. And, I see that I've got something to look forward to. I think your color selection looks great !

I copied the color files to \vpinmame\altcolor\lotr and launched the game. I was able to get the second DMD but there is no color, just orange like default.

Is there some other step I am missing? Using Vpinmame from 2-28-2019 almost latest update and LCD monitor on cabinet (not pin2dmd). Thanks

I copied the color files to \vpinmame\altcolor\lotr and launched the game. I was able to get the second DMD but there is no color, just orange like default.
Is there some other step I am missing? Using Vpinmame from 2-28-2019 almost latest update and LCD monitor on cabinet (not pin2dmd). Thanks

In order to get the full color experience you need to install freezys dmddevice.dll from his github
But:
Use 1.7.1 instead of the newer 1.7.2 as the later has issues with vni coloring.

1 hour ago, Rappelbox said:

In order to get the full color experience you need to install freezys dmddevice.dll from his github
But:
Use 1.7.1 instead of the newer 1.7.2 as the later has issues with vni coloring.

ok, I removed the old version of dmddevice.* from the folder and replaced it with the 1.7.1 version with all files from the github. Same orange dmd virtual screen when launching the game (and of course original dmd screen too). There must me some configuration I am missing. Is there anything to check in the lotr rom setup of vpinmame?

image.thumb.png.aeec1c5a88f512f64000c2bb59906811.png

Check “use external dll” OK
uncheck “vpinmame dmd” OK

Restart the table OK

If I check Colorize DMD then I got 4 colors, but I don't think we want that right? This just uses a predetermined color pallete not the nice colors you chose per frame.

Is there a color rom that I need to create? I remember a year ago when I had to convert a stern rom with some program to add the color data. I think this was for ACDC.

Is there a color rom that I need to create? -- No That is for the Stern sam tables --> https://www.giantbomb.com/stern-sam-board-system/3015-8231/games/

Are your dmddevice files in the VPinMame folder

Use F1 during game to change the default for that game
Turn off Show DMD and Turn on external DMD

Did you try re-starting vp

Did you try re-booting the computer