Install Pin2DMD in a real machine

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Please make a picture of the shield with the controller board removed.

The most common problems are enhancer jumper not set to 2-3, usage of the wrong resistor array (separate resistors isolated not bussed) or missing parts on the shield 

• Content Provider

That is o.k. Pin 13 only shows on the Nucleo boards and PIN9 runs through the LS123 and can´t be tested that way. 

With Jumper on 2-3 , enhancer needs to be set to ON in the onscreen menu.

You can also test with jumper in position 1-2 and enhancer set to OFF in the onscreen menu which bypasses the LS123 circuit.

Yes it's working ? I'm crying of happines.  Thanks really much!!

Now The only issue I have to solve is how to wire the shield with the ledboard, I'm testing with a P3 board and the shield fits well, but for the pinball it's too big I bought a P2.5 and cannot fit the shield. The HUB75 wire doesn't show anything if I extend the hub75 with the color wires to change the gender. The pins are changed on the hub75? Is there a special wire to that purpose?

Thanks again and for the eternity!

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, ninjamp3 said:

Yes it's working ? I'm crying of happines.  Thanks really much!!

Now The only issue I have to solve is how to wire the shield with the ledboard, I'm testing with a P3 board and the shield fits well, but for the pinball it's too big I bought a P2.5 and cannot fit the shield. The HUB75 wire doesn't show anything if I extend the hub75 with the color wires to change the gender. The pins are changed on the hub75? Is there a special wire to that purpose?

Thanks again and for the eternity!

The pin2dmd V3 shield bottom connector was designed for the P2.5 panels sold 2 years ago. However you can connect the latest panels using the ribbon cable which comes with the panels connected to the topside connector.

All right! I didn't know that the topside was for that pourpose. Anyway, trying to connect de small power converter I plug it as in the website of the Pin2dmd in the gottlieb v3 and I started to see some smaoke. I  think the ST has beed burned. ?‍♂️

I will have to buy a new one! ? And let's hope not only the ST has been damaged.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, ninjamp3 said:

All right! I didn't know that the topside was for that pourpose. Anyway, trying to connect de small power converter I plug it as in the website of the Pin2dmd in the gottlieb v3 and I started to see some smaoke. I  think the ST has beed burned. ?‍♂️

I will have to buy a new one! ? And let's hope not only the ST has been damaged.

You need to adjust the DC-DC converter to +4.8V before you use it.

Thanks, I have tested the componetns, the shield shows a green light, the memory card can be read. But the nucleo board is completely dead. ?

I must wait to until I buy a new one :(

Finally the new card arrived, but now the pannels doesn't show anyhting. The shield should be damaged as well ?

• 8 months later...

Hi, I need some help to my PIN2DMD. I installed it in a Real STTNG and have updateded to newest firmware (EVO128x32_EVO128x16/PIN2DMD.upd 3.12

and in some modes / videos there is a flicker see movie. My Pinball runs latest rom LX-7 as i also read that this was requered with colorDMD.

Is there anything im missing or during wrong or is there a problem with this firmware ?

20200506_011612.thumb.jpg.21452028120bf4167d2dd4604102d1f6.jpg

Archived