I started working on this one back in the fall....  The way I want to approach this project will be SUPER intensive because of the manner in which this DMD triggers the animations....a TON of transitions and essentially 28 different teams to incorporate into the color schemes.  I'm happy with where the project is at to this point as the keyframes seem to be triggering well.  I believe I have a solid approach to this which makes me happy admittedly though this will be worked on the side while I am finishing up other projects....X-Men being first and foremost on the list.  Here are some samples of how this project is being approached....I am proud of the fact I got "Official NBA color schemes from 1997 for all teams"  amazing though how much the game has changed since '97....lol   Cheers!

I am curious from the community what the interest level is for this table?  I like it alot as an NBA fan but I feel it's not overly popular?  Feedback please?

Bullets.gif

Blazers (1).gif

Bucks.gif

TeamPick.gif

To the best of my knowledge a good re-creation of this game hasn't been made yet for VPX. So, it calls into the, I wish some of the great authors would make it because for what I've seen on YT tournaments, there is more to the game than its reputation. Looks great so far, and I don't envy you one bit doing this one - LOL !

Oh crap. I for some reason was fixed on this being 2009 NBA instead of NBA Fastbreak, even though the topic is very clear about it. Haven't played that table enough to recognize the graphics, I agree, Fastbreak is done, I just haven't given it enough time to even recognize that this was the table from your work alone.

• Content Provider

Looking good, I've only played this table a couple of times, NBA doesn't interest me much, so I never really worked the table out enough to really enjoy it, but might revisit if it gets some colour love.

I really don't understand the NBA, or why people enjoy it.  Not sure why games last more than 2 minutes, seems like the whole game comes down to the last 2 minutes or so.  I do however enjoy NBA fastbreak and George Gomez stuff in general.  Great job so far in the coloring and I'm sure many will enjoy all your hard work, thanks

I forgot to mention, I kinda like how the scoring works.  People who aren't into pinball might like the basketball type scoring instead of millions and millions of points.

14 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Oh crap. I for some reason was fixed on this being 2009 NBA instead of NBA Fastbreak, even though the topic is very clear about it. Haven't played that table enough to recognize the graphics, I agree, Fastbreak is done, I just haven't given it enough time to even recognize that this was the table from your work alone.

I have been looking for NBA 2009 and I could only find a forum thread (can't remember the site) about a WIP that was abandoned and not released.  Is there any playable VPX tables of NBA 2009?

6 hours ago, Thalamus said:

I believe that the best we've got on that front is a VP9 or a PM5. It was for a short while uploaded on vpinball, but, taken down again by Dozer. Believe it was made på oOPlayerOo back in the days.

I think that was the thread I read a while back.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...