[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

• Content Provider

The version 3.1 installer at vpinball is a bit out of date. The latest P-ROC installer fixes the R6034 runtime error dialog and the Install CCC.bat picks up the latest available sound assets. If you are happy with your P-ROC environment then there is no need to re-install P-ROC, Python, pygame, etc. But running Install CCC.bat will get the game code with FastFlips support, updated sound assets, etc. You'll probably want those.

i think i'm damned... i got an error in the 1 step..  installation of YamlCPP failed..

edit :

the archive is in my J:  disk , in a directory named "p-roc_install"

when i lauch the first step, all is good until yaml installation

i put some 'pause' into the script yaml-install.bat and i get this :

J:\P-ROC_install>C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin\cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..
CMake Error: The source directory "J:/" is a file, not a directory.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

i dont' understand this error as J:/ is obviously a "directory"  and not a file..

I haven't tried this, but, I would install it to c-drive - then move it to another if you need the harddrive space. Of course, creating a symlink in between those locations. I know that there are guys that have installed it to other drives than c-drive. What you need to do in order to do so, I don't know. As mine is on c. You should look around for threads where this has been discussed.

I believe you have to install P-roc from the C drive to the C drive..
Then do what @thalamus said, If you Are tight on hard drive space..
If you also have VP on another drive the solution is in this thread...

I'm running the proc version of ccc.  It was working perfectly. Now I can't the game to start play.  The table loads and looks fine I just can't get a ball to launch.  This is not the focus issue.  Any suggestions.  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled several times. 

• 1 month later...

I'm late to installing CCC and found out the install ccc.bat fails now due to the files ccc_dmd_20150604.zip and ccc_sounds_20180507.zip no longer being available from soldmy as of 6/29/19. Am I just SoL now for not having installed prior?

Hey guys turning the virtual cabinet back on and playing some CCC.  Is there a way to mirror, or how do I mirror the p-roc dmd to a virtual dmd using freezy's dmd ext?  The size settings of the p-roc dmd has always bugged me (I know it's trivial)

Thanks,

I do not have pinballY set up, This is what I used as a template to get it set up

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pin2dmd-with-ccc-proc-vpx-how-i-got-it-working-in-pbx-2/#post-77094

Also I bought one of these so the DMD from the game can be off screen and that way only the mirrored one will show...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=display+Emulator+Plug&ref=nb_sb_noss

I still have my Pinballx so maybe I will try that way

Is there a cmd line that I can try just using visual pinball without of a front end?  Probably would help if I had the mirror working for FX3 but that will be next.

As for one of those plugs I have that but I only have 3 HDMI ports so can't use (oops)

Thanks for the help btw

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jesperpark said:

I still have my Pinballx so maybe I will try that way

Is there a cmd line that I can try just using visual pinball without of a front end?  Probably would help if I had the mirror working for FX3 but that will be next.

As for one of those plugs I have that but I only have 3 HDMI ports so can't use (oops)

Thanks for the help btw

You'll need to know the position of the virtual dmd that you're trying to mirror and also, the position of you dmd screen to mirror to. In a cmd prompt it would be something like dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position 4 50 905 273 -d virtual --virtual-position=5786 514 1560 375. Please don't use these exact numbers. Use a tool like setdmd to find out the locations if you don't know them.

For the DMD position all i did was copy my coordinates from  dmddevice.ini . Plug those into config.yaml (proc/games) and it worked. Also the CC table i updated the tables script from thalamus Github page of updated scripts , i didn't even have to plug in any startup for dmd-ext into my frontend (pinball x ) for the table to successfully launch or exit

8 hours ago, naeromagus said:

For the DMD position all i did was copy my coordinates from  dmddevice.ini . Plug those into config.yaml (proc/games) and it worked. Also the CC table i updated the tables script from thalamus Github page of updated scripts , i didn't even have to plug in any startup for dmd-ext into my frontend (pinball x ) for the table to successfully launch or exit

My problem is my DMD screen is a 1920 x 1080 computer screen, where CCC was designed around a 1200 x 800 screen resolution (close from what i remember) so when i fill the width my height does not fill the screen.  Like I said it's a little trivial but i'm a little OCD and it is one of my favorite games to play

• Content Provider

My DMD display is the same aspect ratio (mine is native 1600 x 900). I run CCC with the display resolution set to 1280 x 720 and in the game settings I have pixel size set to 10. You may have to make a tweak to the X positioning slightly but for me this is edge to edge.

Thanks for the continued ideas, I am confident I will get this figured out now.  I'm not sure why i did not think of altering my dmd resolution.  If not by dmdext the screen res will work

@CarnyPriest something you may know as to why, but version 1 I could use a pixel size of 9.5.  Then when version #2 or when the Betty call outs were updated I could not use decimals in the pixel sizing.  Seems like 9 is too small and 10 too big.  Just curious if you know is all