[New VP10 Alert] Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

• Content Provider

Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

Cactus Canyon Continued (Bally 1998)

Since the original release of the table, Fast Flips support was added. Fast Flips can be enabled using the script at Thalamus's Github script repository. Link:

https://github.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/blob/master/Cactus Canyon (Bally 1998) TTNZ v2.0.vbs

For VPX 10.4 or 10.5, updating the script requires deleting out the old script and pasting in the updated script. For CCC, the P-ROC flag should be changed to a value of 1.

For VPX 10.6, users can just copy the vbs file to the same folder as the table. The vbs file name should be identical to the table file name. Rename if necessary. When opening the table in VPX 10.6, the contents of the vbs file should automatically be loaded. For CCC, the P-ROC flag should be changed to a value of 1.

For users that have already installed Python 2.7 version of P-ROC, there is no need to install it again. Nothing has changed with the P-ROC installer since V3.2 which was the version available at MBPC before they closed. They may just want to run Install CCC.bat (requires wget.exe from the installer "files" folder).

For users that have updated the game code recently (since Aug 30, 2018), they do not need to run Install CCC.bat. It will not do any harm if they do want to run it. There are not any new code or assets at this time. But I will maintain Install CCC.bat if there are any updates.

For new installs, the order is 

1. STEP 1 - Install Prerequisites.bat

2. STEP 2 - Install PROC.bat

3. Install CCC.bat

Sorry, I can't provide much support beyond this. The installer worked for me out-of-the-box on both my laptop and my cabinet.

If users happen to have any chepas tables, the only other thing to do to complete the installation is to open a command prompt and type:

pip install requests

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/31/2019
  • Category
  • ROM Name
  • Link to B2S
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4191-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998/
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.
  • VP Version
    v10

Got this downloaded and installed.  Thank you.  The game runs and works fine, however the dmd is not displaying on my real dmd.  It's under the playfield.  This is the only game on my cab that does this and I assume it is some setting with P-ROC or a setting some where in the VBS file.  Anyone have any ideas?

P-ROC has its own DMD. Right now I'm not at the cab so I can't remember what file it is. It is under config somewhere. Probably settings.yml or something like that. What I remember doing for P-ROC is to use dmdext to put the "copy" of the dmd into my Pindmd3.

• Content Provider

For real DMD, I think you will need to mirror it with freezy's dmdextensions. To mirror the DMD you will need to move the virtual DMD to at least a relatively inconspicuous location on your desktop. I think I've read that some people put it on the corner of the backglass. You can use the in-game settings to move the DMD location.

Here are some ideas to solve Problems and/or improve your set up
Some ideas May or may-not work for you

You have to install P-roc from the C drive to the C drive..

If VP is on another drive other than C then you need to edit the file register_vpcom.py located in C:\P-ROC\tools\ - Change this line

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO, format="%(asctime)s - %(name)s - %(levelname)s - %(message)s", filemode='w', filename="D:/log.txt")

And you may have to make a log.txt file on that drive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have problems with this game running in 10.7
Make sure you are the latest version
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info on display data directly to the Pin2DMD without having to use dmdext
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2801-cactus-canyon-continued/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To move the DMD to another screen, Go to this folder at the bottom of this file = user_settings.yaml
C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon\config || Adjust this 3 Settings on this Line,  DMD IS 4:1 RATIO
Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 4, Color Display Y Offset: 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you go back to the editor and  it automatically closes the editor And causes the back glass not the close
Try this - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3966-new-vp10-alert-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998/?do=findComment&comment=44952

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more help  -- Review the complete support topic

Edited by outhere

Ok got it to work sort of.  I changed location of the DMD but I had to change the pixel size to 1.  It works if I run dmdext mirror from the command line but it won't mirror the dmd unless it is the active window.  So if it's under the playfield, I get nothing on the realdmd.  Still trying to get it to work through pinup.  When it does work, the image is very dim on the dmd. 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

is there a substantial difference between this and the vpx cactus canyon

There are two VPX files in the package.

One invokes the VPM controller for running Cactus Canyon VPinMAME rom sets, specifically cc_13.zip.

The other invokes the PROC controller (when you have the PROC framework installed correctly) and runs Eric Priepke's  Cactus Canyon Continued project:

https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/Main_Page

PS - and when you invoke the PROC controller the script also changes the texture of the pistol grips on the playfield toy. Enjoy!

If you are talking about some other VPX cactus canyon table, I don't know. This is the same release as the latest available one at MBPC before they folded.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:51 PM, CoPinFan said:

Ok got it to work sort of.  I changed location of the DMD but I had to change the pixel size to 1.  It works if I run dmdext mirror from the command line but it won't mirror the dmd unless it is the active window.  So if it's under the playfield, I get nothing on the realdmd.  Still trying to get it to work through pinup.  When it does work, the image is very dim on the dmd. 

The game in the video is similar to the P-ROC Visual Pinball Edition

• Content Provider

Cactus Canyon Extended Edition is not the same project. It’s from somebody who took the original project code, did some mods without permission, then started selling it. Not good. The project was meant to be non-commercial and used for fun, yes, but also as a learning tool.

I requested and received permission from Epthegeek to maintain the changes necessary to port the code for use in VP and to make it available to the community. So, huge thanks to him. Also, thanks to Dozer, chepas and whoever else for doing the first port. I only picked it back up when it wasn’t being maintained or synced with development on the main project. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, bikem8 said:

has this got tribute mode as i cant see it at launch of ball its in the settings do i have to activate it playing more ?????

If I recall you hold the left flipper in and plunge the ball. Tribute mode is one of the choices that you have to land on as the ball rolls around in the whirlpool. You can select which tribute if you get the tribute during this skill shot.

Heres some other settings you can mess with the enable/disable stuff

https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/Gameplay_Feature_Settings

• Content Provider

There is a cheat to bypass the need to hit a tribute target. Right flipper five times and left flipper twice. I've a report that this is not working even though it is present in the game code. I'd be curious if anyone can get this working. I haven't had a chance to try it for myself, too busy with work at the moment. It could be that this doesn't work with FastFlips enabled, so it would be good to also try with FastFlips disabled.

• 3 weeks later...

as i can't find a full install for p-roc (the sound /asset are missing now...) ... i just set proc=0 instead of 1 (at the start of the 'cactus continued' table script) and all seem to work... dmd/backglass./sound.. i dont see any problem... did i miss something ?

• Content Provider

Yeah, you are running the stock game code via VPinMAME and not Cactus Canyon Continued.

I could have sworn that the P-ROC installer was linked in the original file submit. Well, here it is. Install CCC.bat will download the missing DMD and sound assets for you as well as the game code.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zv491795rp8bch/P-ROC_Offline_Installer-v3.3.zip?dl=0

i dint' know why but the version i have was the version 3.1 ... i think i get it from another place and mix it with your archive. i didn't see that you already put the v3.3 in another archive beside the tables... sorry and a big thank you for your help.