Pin2DMD keeps disconnecting and becoming un-recognized.

Dazz

• Administrators

Hey Lucky1,

This past weekend I had my machine at the Texas Pinball Festival.  Everything worked great for the most part. The only issue I really had was that my Pin2DMD kept disconnecting and becoming un-recognized by Windows 10. If I unplugged the USB and plugged it back in; then Windows 10 recognized it and it would work fine for a while. Eventually it would happen again.  I think over the weekend it probably happend 10 different times. I have no idea what would have caused it to happen, but I have the Let's Play Expo coming up in August and would love to track this issue down.  Are there any logs or anything that I can use to find out why the DMD is disconnecting?  I'm running the most recent firmware, but not sure if that's what could be causing it.

Any other suggestions?

• Content Provider

If it is reactivated by replugging USB  and no reset or powercycle of pin2dmd is needed I would also check the bios USB and energy save settings. 
Also check your windows logfiles. Latest stable release is 2.58 but 2.65 shouldn´t cause a problem like that.

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

If it is reactivated by replugging USB  and no reset or powercycle of pin2dmd is needed I would also check the bios USB and energy save settings. 
Also check your windows logfiles. Latest stable release is 2.58 but 2.65 shouldn´t cause a problem like that.

I am running 2.65. I'll check the BIOS and Energy Saving settings, but the machine wasn't sitting long enough for any energy savings to kick in. I have the machine to never go into sleep and never turn off screens.  Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what game may have started it. I couldn't catch if the user was going from front end (Popper) to game when it happened, or if it was during a game, or loading a UltraDMD game or what. Over 3 days; the machine never sat more than 10 minutes without a user playing it.

Which Windows log file would this show in?

• Content Provider

I don´t know but google found me this 

https://superuser.com/questions/366888/which-windows-7-log-file-contains-device-connection-disconnection-information

More details a necessary to find the root. Could be any of the programs you mentioned above or a driver like freezy`s dmddevice.dll
I don´t think it was during a game. Maybe next time monitor your machine on video to see when it happens.

Archived