hey there, tried this out and it looks really good,  one question,  during the video mode, shooting jet skis and boats.  it is really laggy and when i shoot a misssle its about a 1.5 second delay, and when its over its still playing on the dmd ( catch up ) then finally resumes the game..  possible problem with my system??

Pindmd3 ? Currently it is to slow for some of the color mods in video game modes. It has already been reported,  but, no firmware is ready to fix it yet. 1.5sec sounds mysteriously slow. So, if that is true, then I expect there is something more going on in your case.

2 hours ago, adamstillman said:

hey there, tried this out and it looks really good,  one question,  during the video mode, shooting jet skis and boats.  it is really laggy and when i shoot a misssle its about a 1.5 second delay, and when its over its still playing on the dmd ( catch up ) then finally resumes the game..  possible problem with my system??

What hardware and what version of software are you using?
I'm using a pin2DMD and noticed no lag

21 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Pindmd3 ? Currently it is to slow for some of the color mods in video game modes. It has already been reported,  but, no firmware is ready to fix it yet. 1.5sec sounds mysteriously slow. So, if that is true, then I expect there is something more going on in your case.

yes, i am using pindmd3... I did not know this has been reported before, thanks for the info... hope a firmware fix is coming soon.  also... 1.5 seconds is probably longer than it is actually, its more like .5 - .7 seconds.

19 hours ago, outhere said:

What hardware and what version of software are you using?

I'm using a pin2DMD and noticed no lag

im using pindmd3,  thalamus  stated that pindmd3 have issues with lag, so makes sense i have lag, and you dont since you are using pin2dmd....thanks for the repsonse

This is the issue and you can see that there has been some work done to it already. https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/119

From time to time I poke them, but, I haven't lately since it looks like this needs to be fixed for Paul @ vpf, to be able to sell them in the future, Hardware changes. .5 - .7 sounds more like what I'm seeing here. I noticed when I ran AFM for the first time. I use to almost beat the alien attack each round. With color I don't even see the ufo landing. Was planning on running Fish Tales this weekend. I can live without video mode being slow for now, knowing that there is probably a solution coming ... some day :)

• 1 month later...

@NetzZWerg, tried to message but says you can’t accept messages ?

I’m looking for Fish Tales for real pin, do you have it available? If yes please PM me with donation amount

thanks!

Kevin

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, mageek said:

Looks awesome on my real pin , great work as usual Martin, Thanks!

Any chance you can share the real pin files please Martin? I would love to try my Pin2DMD in my FT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...