Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Here is a video of the amazing coloring work in a real pin. As I said before the video does not do the coloring work justice as the display is super bright. The chosen coloring scheme for the Star Trek computer style is my favorite! Truly awesome work!

Star Trek TNG video

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truely a beauty ! Congrats slippifishi !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes but the color will depend on what hardware you are using

What type of setup do you have

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone, it is very encouraging! Already thinking about the next project...

41 minutes ago, mageek said:

One note , the balls don’t appear (duranium spheres) on the screen when you add balls in Ferengi multiball.

Gah! I though't I'd got away without anyone noticing! :D I spotted this not long after I uploaded it - I have already prepared the fix for this, along with a few other little optimisations, and will be uploading a small update in the very near future, probably sometime over the weekend - I will drop a note in here when it's out.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.01 now available!

  • Fixed Ferengi Duranium Sphere Add-A-Ball animation
  • Optimised some triggers/reduced file size
  • Added status report screens

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate you fixing an already very nice colourization. Thank you Slippifishi !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fantastic!  Thank you for sharing.  It really adds to an amazing VPX with an amazing Colorization. Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Duranium Spheres! Great work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded and installed the two files  on my SD Card as described in the instructions.  I started my (real)pinball machine but I only see a part of the Intro ('til the enterprise crosses the screen) in blue/grey and after that the screen turns black.

It seems that  my  PIN2DMD has problems witrh fsq file. If I delete it from the card , the display doesn't turn black. Of course the text and animations are only displayed in black, gey and white 😞

I have a pin2dmd of the first generation, I think. I have updated it to the newest firmware (2.66) Anybody else who encountered similar problems?

Of course the display is activated. Used it before a couple of years in my STTNG

I discussed this topic with slippifishi via mail before, his support was extraordinary, unfortunately he couldn't find a solution for this

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, pregolavazza said:

I downloaded and installed the two files  on my SD Card as described in the instructions.  I started my (real)pinball machine but I only see a part of the Intro ('til the enterprise crosses the screen) in blue/grey and after that the screen turns black.

It seems that  my  PIN2DMD has problems witrh fsq file. If I delete it from the card , the display doesn't turn black. Of course the text and animations are only displayed in black, gey and white 😞

I have a pin2dmd of the first generation, I think. I have updated it to the newest firmware (2.66) Anybody else who encountered similar problems?

Of course the display is activated. Used it before a couple of years in my STTNG

I discussed this topic with slippifishi via mail before, his support was extraordinary, unfortunately he couldn't find a solution for this

 

 

 

2.66 seems noot to be ok, i updated the version from github and my dmd got black. even after reboot black only.. after downgrading to 2.65 everything was fine again. someone in the fb junkies group sent me another 2.66 version which seems to work fine too  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbcrew said:

2.66 seems noot to be ok, i updated the version from github and my dmd got black. even after reboot black only.. after downgrading to 2.65 everything was fine again. someone in the fb junkies group sent me another 2.66 version which seems to work fine too  

I assume you used the binary for the wrong board type. There is a version for discovery and a version for nucleo/evo based boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I assume you used the binary for the wrong board type. There is a version for discovery and a version for nucleo/evo based boards.

no i did not use the wrong binary. discovery as always. same thing with black screen happend for a friend too, also discovery board. i don't think we both downloaded the wrong binary... whatever, working fine now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nbcrew said:

no i did not use the wrong binary. discovery as always. same thing with black screen happend for a friend too, also discovery board. i don't think we both downloaded the wrong binary... whatever, working fine now

Just downloaded the pin2dmd.bin from github and had no problem with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, pregolavazza said:

I downloaded and installed the two files  on my SD Card as described in the instructions.  I started my (real)pinball machine but I only see a part of the Intro ('til the enterprise crosses the screen) in blue/grey and after that the screen turns black.

It seems that  my  PIN2DMD has problems witrh fsq file. If I delete it from the card , the display doesn't turn black. Of course the text and animations are only displayed in black, gey and white 😞

I have a pin2dmd of the first generation, I think. I have updated it to the newest firmware (2.66) Anybody else who encountered similar problems?

Of course the display is activated. Used it before a couple of years in my STTNG

I discussed this topic with slippifishi via mail before, his support was extraordinary, unfortunately he couldn't find a solution for this

 

 

 

Solved the problem -thanks to Lucky1. In hadt to upgrade my pin2dmd hardware , i.e. the shield to Version 3, costs about 30 Euros but its worth it. Great Job slippifishi, really awesome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, awesome work!

You asked for bug reports, on my real machine there is initial colourisation for the occasional 'Multiplier' choice on the start of a new ball which then goes to a plain palette,  this only comes up if you have completed multiball. One of the Enterprise passes (the one prior to the Title) leaves its engines behind.

I have tried to capture these in the attached images

My table software is LX-7 and the Pin2DMD is running 2.66

Hope this helps, thank you again.

20190703_134223180_iOS.jpg

20190703_143404466_iOS.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mace said:

My table software is LX-7 and the Pin2DMD is running 2.41

You should upgrade to the latest pin2dmd firmware version first following the instructions on pin2dmd.com

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mace said:

Thank you, awesome work!

You asked for bug reports, on my real machine there is no colourisation for the occasional 'Multiplier' choice on the start of a new ball,  this only comes up if you have completed multiball. There is also flickering to the black background on the Admiral Beagi (first Lock) animation. One of the Enterprise passes leaves its engines behind.

I have tried to capture these in the attached images

My table software is LX-7 and the Pin2DMD is running 2.41

Hope this helps, thank you again.

lucky is right you should upgrade the firmware, though that will not fix all or maybe any of these issues :) Thanks for the bug report, that missing multiplier start was actually visible in an earlier video posted here too, I have just never got around to getting a dump for it and adding the trigger; I recall discussing that with Wob at the time, we never saw it on all our VPIN dumps; I think you need to have "spent" the 2 free locks, and used the warp factor beyond warp 9 before this will appear, so at least one EB needed too! Basically you are a much better player than me so I decided it was never going to be an issue ;)

I will add all these to my bug list and will try and squash them next time I'm editing that project - will post something here when it happens!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

You should upgrade to the latest pin2dmd firmware version first following the instructions on pin2dmd.com

Yes I should Lucky1, fair point well made. I've now climbed over the playfield - things are a bit tight up the corner my leg doesn't fit between the table so I have to shin up the rails.. 🙂 It's now updated to v2.66 and I have updated my comments above to reflect the changes.

20190703_103013118_iOS.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...