Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is a video of the amazing coloring work in a real pin. As I said before the video does not do the coloring work justice as the display is super bright. The chosen coloring scheme for the Star Trek computer style is my favorite! Truly awesome work!

Star Trek TNG video

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Truely a beauty ! Congrats slippifishi !

• Like 2

Yes but the color will depend on what hardware you are using

What type of setup do you have

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone, it is very encouraging! Already thinking about the next project...

41 minutes ago, mageek said:

One note , the balls don’t appear (duranium spheres) on the screen when you add balls in Ferengi multiball.

Gah! I though't I'd got away without anyone noticing! :D I spotted this not long after I uploaded it - I have already prepared the fix for this, along with a few other little optimisations, and will be uploading a small update in the very near future, probably sometime over the weekend - I will drop a note in here when it's out.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Version 1.01 now available!

• Fixed Ferengi Duranium Sphere Add-A-Ball animation
  • Optimised some triggers/reduced file size
  • Added status report screens

• Like 7

Appreciate you fixing an already very nice colourization. Thank you Slippifishi !

• Like 1

This is fantastic!  Thank you for sharing.  It really adds to an amazing VPX with an amazing Colorization. Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Duranium Spheres! Great work!

• Like 1

I downloaded and installed the two files  on my SD Card as described in the instructions.  I started my (real)pinball machine but I only see a part of the Intro ('til the enterprise crosses the screen) in blue/grey and after that the screen turns black.

It seems that  my  PIN2DMD has problems witrh fsq file. If I delete it from the card , the display doesn't turn black. Of course the text and animations are only displayed in black, gey and white 😞

I have a pin2dmd of the first generation, I think. I have updated it to the newest firmware (2.66) Anybody else who encountered similar problems?

Of course the display is activated. Used it before a couple of years in my STTNG

I discussed this topic with slippifishi via mail before, his support was extraordinary, unfortunately he couldn't find a solution for this

On 4/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, pregolavazza said:

I downloaded and installed the two files  on my SD Card as described in the instructions.  I started my (real)pinball machine but I only see a part of the Intro ('til the enterprise crosses the screen) in blue/grey and after that the screen turns black.

It seems that  my  PIN2DMD has problems witrh fsq file. If I delete it from the card , the display doesn't turn black. Of course the text and animations are only displayed in black, gey and white 😞

I have a pin2dmd of the first generation, I think. I have updated it to the newest firmware (2.66) Anybody else who encountered similar problems?

Of course the display is activated. Used it before a couple of years in my STTNG

I discussed this topic with slippifishi via mail before, his support was extraordinary, unfortunately he couldn't find a solution for this

2.66 seems noot to be ok, i updated the version from github and my dmd got black. even after reboot black only.. after downgrading to 2.65 everything was fine again. someone in the fb junkies group sent me another 2.66 version which seems to work fine too  

1 hour ago, nbcrew said:

2.66 seems noot to be ok, i updated the version from github and my dmd got black. even after reboot black only.. after downgrading to 2.65 everything was fine again. someone in the fb junkies group sent me another 2.66 version which seems to work fine too  

I assume you used the binary for the wrong board type. There is a version for discovery and a version for nucleo/evo based boards.

18 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I assume you used the binary for the wrong board type. There is a version for discovery and a version for nucleo/evo based boards.

no i did not use the wrong binary. discovery as always. same thing with black screen happend for a friend too, also discovery board. i don't think we both downloaded the wrong binary... whatever, working fine now

1 hour ago, nbcrew said:

no i did not use the wrong binary. discovery as always. same thing with black screen happend for a friend too, also discovery board. i don't think we both downloaded the wrong binary... whatever, working fine now

Just downloaded the pin2dmd.bin from github and had no problem with it. 

On 4/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, pregolavazza said:

Solved the problem -thanks to Lucky1. In hadt to upgrade my pin2dmd hardware , i.e. the shield to Version 3, costs about 30 Euros but its worth it. Great Job slippifishi, really awesome!