[New VP10 Alert] Monster Bash (Williams 1998)

On 7/2/2020 at 6:21 PM, RobereRulez said:

Does no one else have this issue? The monster heads as well as Franks head & torso do not light up for me.

When I go to the "Single Lamps" test in the "Test Menu" using the coin door buttons I can confirm that these lights do not light. I tried looking through the script a bit but I don't know enough yet to be useful. Would love for some direction on how to fix this issue on this incredible table.

I've looked a bit more in this by doing the following:

Entering the debugging screen (ESC while playing table) I went to the lights section which allows you to turn ON\OFF\BLINKING individual lights. I was able to turn on any light I wanted except for the monster heads and others mentioned above. 

The light properties look OK to me but I'm new to virtual pinball and just started dipping my toe into the editor. Maybe the lights are behind something opaque?

Any help or suggestions on where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robb

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, RobereRulez said:

I've looked a bit more in this by doing the following:

Entering the debugging screen (ESC while playing table) I went to the lights section which allows you to turn ON\OFF\BLINKING individual lights. I was able to turn on any light I wanted except for the monster heads and others mentioned above. 

The light properties look OK to me but I'm new to virtual pinball and just started dipping my toe into the editor. Maybe the lights are behind something opaque?

Any help or suggestions on where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robb

I decided to look in to this over the weekend and figured out was is going on...but there's a twist!

So after reading up on how lighting works with VPX (and inserts in particular) I open the table in the editor.  In the light options for the monster heads it states the image that the light will go through...in this case it was named "MB insertslow". I exported that image (from Image Manager in the editor) and upon opening it was obvious the inserts for the heads and the other few lights mentioned earlier we gone. I then exported the playfield image, downloaded GIMP, snipped out the missing inserts, cleaned them up, saved them into "MB insertslow" and re-imported them into the table.  Success! Play a few games and the lights come on as expected.

Now for the twist. It was kind of late when I finished so I decided to bring the files to work the next day to write up this post. I wanted to check them one more time so I installed VPX on my work computer and downloaded the table from this site. Started it up and all the lights are working perfectly fine. Huh? I exported the MB insertslow image and sure enough the inserts are missing...but somehow the lights are working. I guess this explains why not many people seemed to report this as an issue. I did receive a few PM's from users with this problem so I knew I wasn't the only one. I am curious what could cause this...

Anyway, I've uploaded my modified "MB insertslow" image and instructions on how to import it into this table for any that are needing it.

Cheers,

Robb

Monster Bash light fix.zip

Interesting,

Ive never had a problem with the lighting. Can you fix the nudge? currently the only Monster Bash that nudge works on is Monster Bash X - NZ&TT 1.3 and of course Pinball FX3.  On the other tables you can press the nudge till the machine tilts but the table doesn't budge.

9 minutes ago, djinfinity907 said:

Interesting,

Ive never had a problem with the lighting. Can you fix the nudge? currently the only Monster Bash that nudge works on is Monster Bash X - NZ&TT 1.3 and of course Pinball FX3.  On the other tables you can press the nudge till the machine tilts but the table doesn't budge.

What is your setup? The nudge seems to be fine here on my work computer using the keyboard. My mini-pin at home has working nudge using a pinscape board, but I usually use the NZ&TT table.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2020 at 5:42 PM, RobereRulez said:

I decided to look in to this over the weekend and figured out was is going on...but there's a twist!

So after reading up on how lighting works with VPX (and inserts in particular) I open the table in the editor.  In the light options for the monster heads it states the image that the light will go through...in this case it was named "MB insertslow". I exported that image (from Image Manager in the editor) and upon opening it was obvious the inserts for the heads and the other few lights mentioned earlier we gone. I then exported the playfield image, downloaded GIMP, snipped out the missing inserts, cleaned them up, saved them into "MB insertslow" and re-imported them into the table.  Success! Play a few games and the lights come on as expected.

Now for the twist. It was kind of late when I finished so I decided to bring the files to work the next day to write up this post. I wanted to check them one more time so I installed VPX on my work computer and downloaded the table from this site. Started it up and all the lights are working perfectly fine. Huh? I exported the MB insertslow image and sure enough the inserts are missing...but somehow the lights are working. I guess this explains why not many people seemed to report this as an issue. I did receive a few PM's from users with this problem so I knew I wasn't the only one. I am curious what could cause this...

Anyway, I've uploaded my modified "MB insertslow" image and instructions on how to import it into this table for any that are needing it.

Cheers,

Robb

Monster Bash light fix.zip 13.38 MB · 5 downloads

Thank you so much for your advice. I've fixed it very easy with your knowledge and instructions.

Now 'Monster Bash' rocks with the creatures of the night, the music they make and all their bright lights turned on!!!

AWESOME!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi, loaded your great version of Monster Bash.

I had similar issues to others, fixed the lights on the heads thanks to the supplied file.
However I have no music or in game sounds, just the table mechanical sounds, I seee there's reference to a reg entry could you tell me what key that is please?
Also have an issue with Frankenstein, he never lowers the barrier to shoot the Multiball, all parts are lit and I hit it a hundred times, never lowers.
I did see a message when opening the coin door, 'Check switch 83 Frank table down' or something very similar. Is this a cause and if so how do I rectify that please?

Appreciate any help, this is my all time fav table.