[New VP10 Alert] Monster Bash (Williams 1998)

• 3 weeks later...

If you are getting rom errors. The game will not work whatever you do. Focus on fixing that first. Look in the table script - it tells you what rom it expects. Look for cgamename = "<romname>".

If you have that rom, and you can run setup.exe in vpinmame folder and press the test button without errors. Then you at least have a chance of getting it to start. Next thing, if error still happens, well, then it a very high chance that you are trying to run the table with force full screen video option and at the same time have ddraw = 0 in registry. Change one of them at it should work.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mccorkled said:

I have tried several versions of this and my dmd won't display. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Try deleting the nvram file and start he game again.  I have this same problem from time to time and deleting the nvram file almost always fixes the issue.

4 minutes ago, jaw970 said:

Try deleting the nvram file and start he game again.  I have this same problem from time to time and deleting the nvram file almost always fixes the issue.

Thank you, that seems to have done it. Do you know if I can use the color dmd on a virtual dmd? Or is that only for real dmds?

1 hour ago, mccorkled said:

Thank you, that seems to have done it. Do you know if I can use the color dmd on a virtual dmd? Or is that only for real dmds?

I'll have to defer to others for that inquiry.

Follow Install Instructions here:

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions

Then  make sure you have a folder called "altcolor" in your VPinMAME directory.

The pin2dmd,pal & pin2dmd.vni files go inside a folder that matches the ROM name for the table... "mb_106b" for example.

Also make sure you have "Use external DMD (dll)" and "oolorize DMD (4 colors) checked. Also "Show DMD/Display window" unchecked (hit F1 whilst running a table).

See attached.

Hope this helps.

altcolor.JPG

F1.JPG

47 minutes ago, mccorkled said:

I was using the SAM build because I was getting a dll error. When I use Freezys that error comes back.

Freezy's dll has nothing to do with SAM build?  However, both PinMAME (official) and SAM build work with Freezy's dll.

Make sure you have unblocked the files and run "Setup" again after changing from PinMAME to SAM or vice-versa. 

Other than that, try a fresh installation.

Freezy' dll is not related - but, still there is a difference. The main difference now between the SAMBuild and the Official is that the Official doesn't have color support. It used to be that it didn't support Stern SAM mpu, but, that was let in from the cold a while ago.

Perhaps someone could help me with a TeamViewer session then. I don't see how they are not related, when both SAM and Freezy have the same named dlls that get overwritten when moving into the VPinMAME folder. I think I have Freezy dll working now but I am still not getting color.

• Content Provider

The only difference between SAMBuild and the official is that SAMbuild enables some romset definitions that can bypass the file length checks for certain later Stern S.A.M. tables that use full color DMD patches from Pinball Browser. That and a handful of clone sets that have not yet been included in the official. For Monster Bash, official 3.1 should work just fine.

Use x86 version 1.7.1 of freezy's dmd extensions -

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases/tag/v1.7.1

Make sure that VPX and VPinMAME and the Monster Bash table is working correctly before adding new features like pin2dmd colorizations, pinsound, PupPack, etc. If the table is not playing correctly then adding more on top of it is not going to fix anything.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How to activate ball save in monster bash vp

1. Press the END key to open the coin door.
2. Press 0 3x
3. Press 8
4. Press 0
5. Press 9
6. Press 0 2x
7. Press 8 or 9 to adjust the number of balls saved
8. Press 0 to save new setting
9. Press 7 to back out

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, adamstillman said:

love the table,, however with the newest vpx beta 10.6, vp 3660,   the monsters faces on the play field, and part of frankenstein on the play field don't light up.. any ideas??

Does no one else have this issue? The monster heads as well as Franks head & torso do not light up for me.

When I go to the "Single Lamps" test in the "Test Menu" using the coin door buttons I can confirm that these lights do not light. I tried looking through the script a bit but I don't know enough yet to be useful. Would love for some direction on how to fix this issue on this incredible table.

20200702_165950.thumb.jpg.11d08ca23f037cfc1a92679b8d7f5643.jpg