Micro Stutter (Ledwiz)

I too find myself in the stutter camp.

Win764

Core i5 3570k

16 gigs of RAM

256GB Samsung 840 SD

GTX660 for the playfield and GTX8800 for the back glass (both running at 1920x1080) latest nVidia drivers for both.

Real DMD connected to a PinDMD2

First of all I had a HELL of a time getting the LEDWiz to work right. outputs 6 and 8 are swapped on the board some where so the CREE REG LED's werent lighting correctly. Then I discovered that ledcontrol.vbs was corrupted and I had to fix that. Playing Attack from Mars and Banzi Run I noticed very little stutter. Not the case when playing Monster Bash, wow... 

The LEDWiz adds a great dimension to the machine but for all this hassle, it may not be worth the trouble. 

• Content Provider

Sounds like your system is a beast.  You should have no stutter with that setup.  Makes me think either there's a driver problem or the power saving issue some people run across.

Do you get the same stutter when launching a table from Hyperpin?

I have not tried launching any tables via HyperPin but its in my notes to try it tomorrow. I had a hell of a time getting the LEDWiz to work in the first place so I'm not going to give up on this thing. (outputs were crossed and a bad .vbs file drove me crazy for a few days)

When I want to test stutter I load up MonsterBash. When they frank multi-ball gets going (or whatever its called) the balls flat out disappear from the screen. 

I am using b2s backglasses. UVP isnt even on the hard drive.

For the sake of seeing if it was a "hardware issue" I put together another rig with some hardware that I'm going to use for one of our routed games. Many current video games use PC hardware and I'm trying to build one that will last longer out in the wild.

Core i7 4470k haswell on an ASRock mobo

16 gigs of RAM

250 gig SSD

nVidia GTX780

320.18 nVidia drivers

VP 9.15

Win7 64 Ultimate 

Stutter is pretty much the same. :(

I'm building a list of things to try tomorrow. I'm really hoping that I can get it working right because I LOVE the addition of the LED's to my cab.

I still get stutter on some tables, but nothing like you describe. That sounds horrible. I am not on win7 though. I went with XP because of so many HP/VP issues with Win7. I do get way more stutter not using HP though. If I just run it right from VP I get a lot more stutter with the LEDWiz on. Not sure why this is, but I think DeeGor has had the same results as I have with that.

Bill

Archived