Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure WIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
Alright people,
please read some personal notes first:
When I thought that some of the colorizations I did were hard challenges, I was not aware of this one yet. Colorizing this table was a real pain, since it consists of 95% dynamic content that is hard to catch and trigger. It took me about 500-600 hours to reach the current state of colorization and to be honest, I did not expect to get this far with current software limitations.

I want to point out that I am sharing it with the community now for free like always, nevertheless I will offer a donation link for those who would like to say thank you by sending a drink. I would grab the drinks, grab my wife and baby-daughter and move somewhere to relax and recharge my energy to complete the theatre of magic afterwards.

Project summary:
Rom version: L7
Language: English
Dump Files used: 59
Palettes used: 145
Triggers: 2560
Working hours: 500-600

Known issues:
- some minor glitches and flicker at some scenes and transitions
- some uncolored possible monkey animations at streets of cairo mode, since not able to find and record all yet.
- mabybe some missing attract mode screens, did not play with the rom settings, left it at default.

Big thanks to Beau Dwyer aka WOB for all efforts and patience to test and provide dump files and videos, also for giving hints by providing movie screenshots that helped me with my color choices!

Now take the path of adventure and get the files and further instructions here:

Enjoy the new look and have a great weekend!

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, mremulator said:

Does anyone know what would cause some of the red dots in the high scores (2nd & 4th for me) to be green (see attached image)?  Doesn't do this in the video on the previous page?

Thank you. Do you have the same initials on 2nd and 4th and maybe different initials on 1st and 3rd? This info would help me to fix the problem with the next update.

The right hand side of the last initial letter is always aligned with the very left hand edge of dots in the O of "scores". The high score number + bracket will shift left/right according to the width of the initial letters selected. W is the widest letter at 7 dots, plus 1 for a gap. 8 + 8 + 7 = 23 dots maximum for three initials. Moving that number of dots left from the left hand edge of the O suggests the following mask:

image.thumb.png.04b7ab18926d18fe0b0c5923e78a583b.png

You can make the dots left of the blue line red, dots right of it green, this should cover all possible cases I believe.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, mremulator said:

I can't see it moving to the right NetZWerg? Just some of the red dots becoming green is all? 

Please excuse my OCD. ?

If you watch the video and focus only on the score numbers, you will see it slightly moves to the right at score 2 and 4 depending on the initials to the right like slippifishi explained above. That is the pain on dynamic content, you have to think about all possible changes that could affect your coloring. I know there are still a lot of those issues in this version, because on the animation frequences this is even harder to fix.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...