can anybody test this file

Wildman

See Below for UpDate
This is one of the things I noticed not working, Not sure about anything else

New Feature - proportional backglass

While most of us are using 16:9 screens to display the backglass, pinballs of the 70's or 80's used more a 1:1 glass. As result of the stretching we get fat faces and weird looking design. Similar as watching an old TV Show, made for 4:3 television on a 16:9 LCD TV.

Goal is to make it easy to get a better display for these older tables.

How to setup:
Open your ScreenRes.txt file
It should have 12 lines.
Add 5 more:
x
x
xx
xx
C:\path

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing I notice Once in a while I load a game and the back glass will not be an EXE mode..
Maybe at one time it was beneficial to have the ability turn the exe mode on and off...
Have it programmed so it's always Forcing it on every time you load The back glass

I Don't know of any reason to have it off But maybe have a option

Oh. Damn. I used that feature for all my Loserman EM's. I think I steer clear of the updates for now. I don't want a db2s in the background, I need the feature above and well why would I want anything but exe mode. Some entries into the b2sserversettings.xml defining what mode, push to front or back, fuzzy or no fuzzy matching and enabled the 5 params would be really nice.

That's... strange, maybe David grabbed an older version to do his mods.    When I finish making his mod optional and merge it to official that should come back.   I do know his version picks up custom .res files though as I used it recently with his version. 

It shouldn't "sometimes" revert to non-exe mode and there aren't changes around that, that I can see.     As you say I don't know of any good reason to not use EXE mode, I'd honestly remove non-exe mode if I was going to touch something there, as the way it's implemented there are two copies of all the UI code (one non-exe, one exe) which makes this project harder to maintain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 5:34 PM, outhere said:

This is one of the things I noticed not working, Not sure about anything else

New Feature - proportional backglass

While most of us are using 16:9 screens to display the backglass, pinballs of the 70's or 80's used more a 1:1 glass. As result of the stretching we get fat faces and weird looking design. Similar as watching an old TV Show, made for 4:3 television on a 16:9 LCD TV.

Goal is to make it easy to get a better display for these older tables.

How to setup:
Open your ScreenRes.txt file
It should have 12 lines.
Add 5 more:
x
x
xx
xx
C:\path

I did not realize that option was there

This works if you Check Bring BG Form to Top

BackGlass bring BG Form to top.jpg