can anybody test this file

Wildman

• Administrators
11 hours ago, outhere said:

I did more testing

I believe this game requires 1303 backglass to work correctly

Your tester will not work right with the 1303 version of the back glass I always get this error

image.png.0fda889d39511edede4604689c08d14f.png

If I use blacksad backglass tester with 1301 all the solenoids light up

With the 1303 backglass and blacksad tester the solenoids do not light up unless I play the game

I only use 1301 I got a lot of errors using 1303 so I stopped using it ..

you are looking at this backwards blacksad tester does the same thing it dont work..

what you are looking for is no solenoids lighting up till you play the game they shouldn't be all lit up and when playing the game they will only light up to

28 solenoids only thats it ...any more and it is not working there is only 28 in the game...  Your last post of vp9 pic is what it should look like anything else is wrong..

try my tester with any other table and you will see how it works the right way..the lights will only come on when the solenoid or lights fire in the game ?

Its in the script something is making them fire, might be lights labeled wrong is what im thinking..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vpmModSol - what I know about it is that instead of just sending 0 and 1 it sends the actual value of the light. That is when you get the fading effect just right. vpmModSol was to the best of my knowledge added by DjRobX a while back.

ModSol ins the case is short for Modulated Solenoids I think.

Wildman

When you say you get a lot of errors using 1303

Are referring to when you test making backglasses or when you're just playing games
I'm using 1303 backglasses without any problems

I'm running VP10 version 3592 - Seems to be very stable

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

A while back I did this

If your set up has not been updated in a while do this PinMAME 1st

Visual PinMAME 32 bit (Standalone DLL) v3.1

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571

For the latest PinMAME beta -->SAMBuild  32 bit  - v3.2   r4700
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?tab=comments#comment-40263

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Almost 50 of the tables we run today has that mode set already. Here are a few that you could test with. ACDC by Ninuzzu, almost any Attack from mars, Avatar, Avengers, Back to the Future, Black Rose, Batman Dark Knight, Cactus Canyon.

your right the other tables do that wtf...so why hasn't no one said anything about this before?? so then any bg i made doesn't even work right with this vpx code lol.........so basically the db2s exe needs to be modified or vpx? right?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, outhere said:

Wildman

When you say you get a lot of errors using 1303

Are referring to when you test making backglasses or when you're just playing games

I'm using 1303 backglasses without any problems

I'm running VP10 version 3592 - Seems to be very stable

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

A while back I did this

If your set up has not been updated in a while do this PinMAME 1st

Visual PinMAME 32 bit (Standalone DLL) v3.1

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571

For the latest PinMAME beta -->SAMBuild  32 bit  - v3.2   r4696
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?tab=comments#comment-40263

Thanks I will double check them files outhere..  ?

This is not my area of expertise. I made the code for Avatar by looking at other examples. What I know is that I chose what lights supported that and what where regulars. I didn't do any special with solenoids. You are saying that your are getting weird reading from what ? All lights, solenoids or what ? I believe @DJRobX or someone more senior is better suited to answer this.

I did some more sampling...
All these tests were done by loading the game and not starting it
It would appear when using 1301 backglass and VP-10 with this game everything lights up like a Christmas tree...

I did not test any other games Yet...

1301 - VP-9

1819878505_1301VP9.thumb.jpg.fdc185798eef4714d0538f899a52495f.jpg

1301 - VP-9

1319207126_1301v9.thumb.jpg.ca9d6355e2f7c812a655bac3dccd651b.jpg

1303 VP-9

1284352580_1303v9.thumb.jpg.54a27f519839304819ad6837687f27d3.jpg

1301 VP-10

2003340981_1301vp10.thumb.jpg.99ee0586d15f9592919b4180e6e38937.jpg

1301  VP-10

1662262736_1301VP10.thumb.jpg.b48a7b8e2876b118951863855709c53b.jpg

1303  VP-10

390494981_1303VP10.thumb.jpg.8f17accf940d4291e86ac74e74b8da9b.jpg

• Administrators

outhere I loaded all the updated files and still the same thing lol ...can not even run 1302 or 1303 go to 1301 and it runs fine with UseVPMModSol = 0..

so i dont know wtf... seems any table that runs that code i cannot run 1302 or 1303 they just crash...if that code is not present then i can use 1303 no problem....

I am also noticing that some of the vp10 older tables wont play like Dracula (Stern 1979) with 10.6 and some others can you confirm that? if it works for you i might just have to wipe everything and start fresh..

I made a private mod of BSD with ModSol and it is working great. And, the old one worked before I started doing this too. So, no, it isn't a problem.vpmModSol was added to core 3.52 and since you don't get any direct error you at least are at that version. Are you sure that you don't have some old *.vbs blocking somthing from being used ? You should not have any *.vbs files in tables or users folder. If you do, those get read first and effectively blocks the updated one.

UseVPMModSol changes the way VPM reports solenoids.  They change from being on/off to being 0-255 gradients so tables receive light intensity effects generated by the ROM.  For example, in Scared Stuff the flashers slowly fade up and down.  Without that option turned on you cannot see the effect as the ROM intended.   This was added a few years ago.

B2S DLL was patched in 1302 to convert these 0-255 values to 0-1 in the section of code that passes the solenoid states along to the EXE.   If this patch is missing the larger numbers confuse DB2s and you'll see lots of wrong solenoids light up and it will intermittently crash, just as outhere's screenshots demonstrate.    

Are you running DB2S in EXE mode?   It's very possible non-EXE mode is broken or there are other methods that need fixing.    Pretty much everyone runs EXE mode since non-exe mode is prone to stutter.  Be sure that you are using the patched DLL, and that it is the one registered.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, DJRobX said:

UseVPMModSol changes the way VPM reports solenoids.  They change from being on/off to being 0-255 gradients so tables receive light intensity effects generated by the ROM.  For example, in Scared Stuff the flashers slowly fade up and down.  Without that option turned on you cannot see the effect as the ROM intended.   This was added a few years ago.

B2S DLL was patched in 1302 to convert these 0-255 values to 0-1 in the section of code that passes the solenoid states along to the EXE.   If this patch is missing the larger numbers confuse DB2s and you'll see lots of wrong solenoids light up and it will intermittently crash, just as outhere's screenshots demonstrate.    

Are you running DB2S in EXE mode?   It's very possible non-EXE mode is broken or there are other methods that need fixing.    Pretty much everyone runs EXE mode since non-exe mode is prone to stutter.  Be sure that you are using the patched DLL, and that it is the one registered.

so i am in exe mode so where is this patch one talks about?? ?

The DLL included with 1302 and later contains the fix.    So the issues you have with 1301 are expected, 1301 is not compatible with these newer tables.

We need to focus more on what happens when you use 1302+.   Going to check out the tester file from the first post and see what I get. 

So the crash with your test B2S is unrelated to solenoids.   There is a longer list of lights coming into a function than the EXE is expecting.     There is a sanity check that's supposed to check this, but it wasn't implemented fully.   I've increased the capacity and fixed the sanity check. 

I can't really say for sure why this is any different in 1301 vs 1303 as I don't believe that area of code is different, but I've modified it so it doesn't crash.   :) 

Please note this version also contains David Pavia's PinUP updates.   It does not put B2S on top by default.    You may need to set the "on top" option, depending on how you're using it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RpQiokTC_yYw1nAxaAF9NCpTVro9BQ0Y/view?usp=sharing

Replace your two binaries with these and let me know how it goes. 

• Administrators

praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif Your like a VP GOD lol...man it works perfect ... so it wasn't me ? yea runs smooth sols are functioning like they should be..?

glad you chimed in was driving me nuts........now are you able to implement it in to the final code so nobody else has these issues??

and THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators

DJRobX for some reason cant pm you ...so here...

hey thanks....on a side note I talked to stefan/ Herweh is back and he is thinking of updating the db2s proggy after he builds his new cab..

there is a lot of stuff that needs updating for sure lol ...so once again thanks for the update will keep in touch cause have to update a ton of BG's to hi rez as i get them..

i been making them in vp9 cause of those issues in vpx i thought it was me ..:)

Yes, Toxie and I maintain the official B2S repo, so this fix will become "permanent" once I check it in.   

Toxie usually kicks out a new official version at the same time VP is updated, so this will probably become 1.3.0.4 when VPX 10.6 gets released.

I need to clean up some of David's additions to make a "fuzzy match" feature he removed optional before I commit, but glad to hear it worked for you.  And even more good news that Herweh might get back into it!   

And thanks, I had no idea my PM box was full.   Cleared out some space, LOL. 

Archived