can anybody test this file

Wildman

• Administrators

can anybody test my bg light tester for some reason its crashing all of a sudden in vpt and vpx ...Im like wtf?

trying to figure out what my issue is..Untitled.png

and im getting this when i run cftbl rom in vpx it works fine in vpt.... probably missing something simple ??

cftbl.png

so why i asking lol ....  working on hi rez scan of cftbl db2s and i cant run it WTF I say agian ?

wildmans light tester.directb2s

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That error is something we often see when "force fullscreen" is active under video preferences, and ddraw in the registry is NOT set to 0 for the rom. The .net error. I have a feeling I saw it myself running your tester not long time ago, but, I just jumped over to the one that blacksad made.

• Administrators

ok the force full screen did the trick for the rom error.. THANKS

but i went back to 1301 backglass server and it did work fine in vpt but not in vpx.. and i am running 10.6 beta so something is broke somewhere in vpx im thinking..

will try different versions later when i get home from work...Thanks for the help so far guys :)

• Administrators

ok after some testing it seems to be the table that is the issue.. other vpx tables are fine

it has something to do with the solenoids , it lights all of them up..so say if i made a bg with flashers they will flash all the time then crash..

I can make it with the vpt version but i dont think it will work with the vpx version,,to bad ?  its a nice HI REZ SCAN

I will build it anyways and maybe somebody can figure out whats wrong ..

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Thalamus said:

That sounds like a scary table to run with DOF ?

yea cause in my light tester it lights up all 100 sol lights that i have...thats when i new something was wrong ?

and yea it would drive your cabs nuts ..unless its just a db2s issue ?

• Administrators
23 hours ago, outhere said:

Are you referring to this
If so the DOF worked fine... I have over 20 solenoids and a lot of lighting

Creature From The Black Lagoon.jpg

You shouldnt see all those solenoids light up.. no error pops up on you ?

I never seen that on any other table with Dof .. those lights are only showing the rom calls I shouldnt see any Dof related stuff..

you should only see up to 28 solenoids for that table..

when you run the bg you will notice all the flashers not working right ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, outhere said:

I'll have to download the VP-9 version and try it to see the difference between the 2 games and what the back glass does

?    you will see a big difference ?   I think that nobody noticed it cause they think that how the bg was made...

I can tell you for a fact it is not lol....?

Maybe update your dof config ? I might be wrong on this but I had a experience a while back where Avatar didn't work as it used to. I could not get the undercab leds to work. I knew that I had downloaded the dof config several times since then. I changed it into complex mode ( maybe another term is the correct one ) and it started working again. Then I went over. Grabbed me a new one and I could then switch between the modes. Both worked. So, who says the dof config tools is bug free ? It is after all written by people and we all know that we are not perfect - any of us.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Maybe update your dof config ? I might be wrong on this but I had a experience a while back where Avatar didn't work as it used to. I could not get the undercab leds to work. I knew that I had downloaded the dof config several times since then. I changed it into complex mode ( maybe another term is the correct one ) and it started working again. Then I went over. Grabbed me a new one and I could then switch between the modes. Both worked. So, who says the dof config tools is bug free ? It is after all written by people and we all know that we are not perfect - any of us.

Well seeing i dont use dof ?I guess we can cross that one off LOL....   been so busy last couple yrs makin BG's my cab is old tech someday I have alot of updating to do  rolling-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif

anyways i think its something in the script seeing outhere is seeing the same thing i am ...this is the only vpx table i have seen this on so far all others seem fine..I changed the rom and still see the same issue,,

different versions of vpx same issues....like i said im down to the table script...vp9 runs perfect

on a side note when i do update i know who i will be pm'ing the shit out of thumbs-up.gif  LOL !!!

I did more testing
I believe this game requires 1303 backglass to work correctly
Your tester will not work right with the 1303 version of the back glass I always get this error

image.png.0fda889d39511edede4604689c08d14f.png

If I use blacksad backglass tester with 1301 all the solenoids light up
With the 1303 backglass and blacksad tester the solenoids do not light up unless I play the game

Archived