Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

I have my system fully functional using Visual Pinball but when I use PinballX my addressable LED strips (2) one each side are not working, everything else works in Pinballx including rear flasher bar. Of course I am not an expert on the coding or xml, I do see there is an error loading the plugin in the log but can’t figure out how to fix it. I can register the object in Direct Output, I run the plugin manager in PinballX and it shows up but when I go to Configure it gives me an error that it can find path. I am sure this is something simple but I just need another set of eyes to look at it. I have attached files and logs.

As always thanks to everybody for your help!

Scott.

PinballX.ini

PinballXlog.txt

PinballX DirectOutput Plugin.log

DirectOutput.log

Cabinet.xml

directoutputconfig.ini

directoutputconfig30.ini

15 answers to this question

I just made a copy of the file GlobalConfig_b2SServer.xml, and renamed it GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml. Needed for Pinball X addressable LED effects. 

Have you ever tried running your system without a Cabinet.xml file to see what works because I'm under 
the impression with this new version of DOF ( The version you are using )you may only need a cabinet file for addressable strips

Please forgive me if it was a stupid question, or I did not follow forum rules? If anybody has a minute to look at it please help, I would like to fix it before that big game tomorrow, lol.....cheers.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Thank you so much for you help, I did post logs in the 1st post but look like not from VP I will get on it, both from VP correct? 1 just using front end to launch?

Thanks again!

Scott

Yes this log -- DirectOutput.log

Yes post the same log once after running the game from VP and then after running it from pinballX and will see if there's a difference

It appears also I still have 64bit PinballX according to the log I posted, I reinstalled 3.29 as 32bit but still showing 3.28 64bit so not sure about that, I see on the logs its not loading the cabinet file. Look like the one that loads is DIRECTOUTPUT all caps.

Thanks again

scott

DirectOutputVP.log

DirectOutput pinballx (2).log

Per the Log you missing this file -- GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml

DirectOutput Version 3.1.6863.36690, built 2018.10.16 20:23
MJR Grander Unified DOF R3++ edition feat. Djrobx, Rambo3, and Freezy
DOF created by SwissLizard | https://github.com/mjrgh/DirectOutput
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    DirectOutput Logger initialized
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    Global config filename is "C:\DirectOutput\config\GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml"
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    Global config file "C:\DirectOutput\config\GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml" does not exist; no global config loaded
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    No global config file loaded
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    Could not find or load the global config file C:\DirectOutput\config\GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    Loading Pinball parts
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    Loading cabinet
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    No cabinet config file loaded. Will use AutoConfig.
2019.02.02 13:25:26.947    Cabinet auto configuration started
2019.02.02 13:25:27.040    Detected and added Pinscape Controller Nr. 1 with name Pinscape Controller 01