Why Would Hitting My Contactors Trigger Non Controlled Lights?

Dazz

• Administrators

So, my cab has been working great. I packed it up and took it to the show and got it setup. All of a sudden when I hit anything that triggers a contactor it causes my non-controlled lights to trigger. These are just button lights that are plugged into my 5v and terminal ground strip.

Any ideas what would cause that?

Yup, sounds like the lights lost their ground and are sinking through the contactors. Either that or they have shorted the ground line somewhere closer to the contactors and are using that instead of the ground terminal.

Try hooking the ground for the lights directly to a ground lead from the psu. 

• Administrators

Figured it out. As you guys said it was a ground issue. One of my ground wires wasn't making contact on my terminal strip. Tracked it down with a meter and once fixed all is well. I would have never seen the problem wire.

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

Got to play some Wizard of Oz... I WANT one!

Dazz: sorry for off topic post but you started it :). Is the WOZ shown at the show using more complete software? All previous sightings have had it missing many features.

I understand the pinball arcade guys are supposed to be there and they are supposed to show something cool for the iPad. Let us know what that is or if there is some news on pc version

Archived