Visual Pinball X - Tron Legacy "Game Name Not Found"

antics

Hello!

I have a bunch of tables downloaded and all work fine except for Tron Legacy, which gives me the error "Game Name Not Found" when I try to run it. I've triple checked everything and don't see what the problem is. Please refer to attached screenshots.

I can put PinMAME in test mode and run the Tron ROMs so I don't understand why I'm getting this error. The file in the script appears to be there.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

screenshot 1.png

screenshot 2.png

screenshot 3.png

There are two things to check. First - make sure that the rom is actually working. Go to you vp folder. Then you vpinmame folder ( if you've used the one in all installer - recommended ) than run the setup.exe. Press the test button - scroll down to the rom name that is mentioned and run the test. If that fails. There is no chance for the game to work.

If you don't find that game in the list at all. Then you are running a very old version of pinmame. Update it.

Download this file.

Extract it into your vp/vpinmame folder - overwriting what you've got there. Then run the setup.exe. Press the install button and you should be good to go.

If that error of yours where just a tad different. I would say that you've put exclusive full screen on without turning off the directdraw (ddraw for short  if you need to look it up)

Needs to be off in fullscreen. But, well , your error indicates using a vpm that just don't support the rom.

20 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Hmm. I see what you tell me and I agree. You seem to know what you're doing and it should run by now. I don't expect this to work. But, please delete the respectiving nvram file in your nvram folder. What about trying 140h ? Does it still crash ?

Deleting the nvram file didn't work. Changing the script to use 140h gives me the same error "Game name not found". ?

1 hour ago, adamstillman said:

hey there, you dont have enough memory.. you probably only have 4gb of ram, and or not a great video card...

sorry but thats the problem.. seen it many time.

Here's my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 video

Archived