Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

While taking a break from demo man I have begun the process of colouring another classic Williams pinball. There are some great scenes in this game, I am very excited by the potential! Still a very long way to go, and I hope to return to demo man before long. I won't spoil any surprises yet, but here is a small taster...

image.png.ca711933159ce23012a887c025fcab92.png

image.png.e344ca826f2de517be000fcbc0f8c69d.png

image.png.d3817db9db32e13ebf55aa3bf564af69.png

image.png.c2e80c620e807d38d0ad24970c5792db.png

image.png.322292499c329f36c78f97d058ad08ce.png

• Like 14
  • Upvote 5

LOL, great !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

looks really good...color dmd is the biggest upgrade recently to the pinball experience.. thank you, and thank all for their work.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, stefanaustria said:

Woah, fine, also hope to see a VPX in the Future !

Yes, secretly I picked this pin in the hope that someone might feel compelled to work on a VPX version to go with it, and I have since read on "another" forum that it looks like that it may already be in the works - bring it on! I hope I can complete this in time...

Not loads of impressive new stuff to add/show off here today, but that is not to say it is not progressing - I have now covered pretty much all of the general game play scenes, including all the bowling stuff which is not an insignificant amount of work; I have also tested those scenes to death and I'm really happy with how its all working - I have even covered some of the transitions to the bowling scorecard which look really polished if I say so myself. There are for sure a few weeks of work left yet, and Capcom released something on Friday just passed that will eat into some of my free time for a few days :) 

For anyone who is interested, there are three significantly challenging modes to colour here - Bedrock Derby (think TOTAN camel race), the Waterbuffalo mode, and the Wizard mode - if I'm calculating it right there are a potential 5040 (that is not a typo! hit the BEDROCK letters in any order, 7x6x5x4x3x2x1 = 5040) ways to complete the mode, each with a slightly different animation and I may have to leave that uncoloured or just with a flat palette, dunno.

Can I also add that "Shoot for the machine" is possibly the most annoying call out on any pinball I have ever played. It doesn't help the VP9 version i'm using clearly has something wrong with that table element and it doesn't detect when I hit the machine correctly so it just keeps on calling....

image.png.a8190f64eb834bbc032f31f4ea163b35.png

image.png.6fddafafdf1bd2528d51e6d5f77e7887.png

image.png.3e72a507131def90a3348a6922e84dbd.png

image.png.6b8077bd179ad3d7fbd457baa3dd24a7.png

image.png.26a55e464341c9e84892e8ad862fe563.png

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

If you want any ideas, I have the color DMD version for my real life flintstones machine that I can record a video of.  Your looks very nice, and will fill in nicely when I sell my machine :)

• Like 2

On 1/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, slydog43 said:

If you want any ideas, I have the color DMD version for my real life flintstones machine that I can record a video of.  Your looks very nice, and will fill in nicely when I sell my machine :)

Thanks; so far the only thing I'm genuinely struggling with is deciding if the ground should be green/grass or sandy/mud (ie. see the 3rd image I posted in the OP)? I have tried switching various scenes between the two but can't decide which I prefer! Green/grass works, but sandy/mud colour is much more subtle and somewhat pleasing on the eye...

Otherwise, I have been using clips from the original animated series for inspiration when needed :) Although this table is based on the Flintstones film, there are for sure a mix of scenes from both the film and the show. Last night I also discovered there is a whole other Waterbuffalo mode ("Juggling Jeffrey") I didn't know about and it makes me suspect there could be a third...

I can't wait to see all your hard work.  Maybe I will make a video comparing the 2, I still don't think people realize just how incredible VPX has become with all the DOF, Color DMD, Physics, PUP packs, etc added into the mix.  Good luck with your colorization

• Like 1

[EDIT] WIP files have been removed temporarily, sorry; but a new version will be released soon! For anyone who did download already, consider yourself an early alpha tester:) but please refrain from sharing the files, a new and better version will come soon!

Loads of stuff is covered so far:

• -all- of the bowling scenes
  • everything to do with Dino frenzy
  • concrete/multiball
  • bonus multiplier
  • attract mode
  • Fred's Choice
  • bronto crane
  • game intro
  • mode counters
  • high-score-outro singalong
  • probably a few other things I've forgotten about.

But it still isn't complete I'm afraid! I know of the following scenes that are uncoloured, either through time requirements or lack of clean dumps

• Eat at Joes mode & scenes
  • Waterbuffalo mode (x2) & shots
  • Bedrock Derby status & lose screen (I keep winning!)
  • Wizard
  • Shoot Again bronto crane
  • Jackpot/Super Jackpot (they are pretty boring anyway ;))
  • Barney Crash Test (can't get a clean dump of this, always interrupted by something)
  • High-score-outro animation
  • Bowl-o-rama status (spent ages colouring this but keyframing didnt work)

There are a handful of score or status related scenes which are also uncoloured, but this is just because I'm saving them until the end to avoid using up all my masks.

image.png.6346bb3d502150ce4eb42ae7e0b0370c.png

More info and an updated preview available soon!

• Like 8

Just gave this a run.  I can't say I have thoroughly tested it yet but it looks great so far.  I haven't found anything glaringly off.

Just had some rounds on the PM5 version of this table and I must say. You've done a very good job. Absolutely beautiful. Colors fit perfectly to the theme !

Thanks - I had no idea there was a PM5 version, it's almost like I'm playing a different game!

Not ? Hmm. Maybe its one of those I made a long time ago. I'll see if I can put it on dropbox for you if you want. Hmm. I just checked, it doesn't seem like any I converted so it is probably in that mega link hidden somewhere in this forum.

Found it https://mega.nz/#F!31EFjR4K!TLAHtCrT2P7REc7cbXTCAA

On 2/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, Thalamus said:

Not ? Hmm. Maybe its one of those I made a long time ago. I'll see if I can put it on dropbox for you if you want. Hmm. I just checked, it doesn't seem like any I converted so it is probably in that mega link hidden somewhere in this forum.

Found it https://mega.nz/#F!31EFjR4K!TLAHtCrT2P7REc7cbXTCAA

Wow, thanks. There were actually 6 tables in there I was not aware of.. especially the lost in space and starship troopers. Those were big improvements over the original VP9 tables.

IMO. All PM5 will be just that. Improvements over their older brother. I still see people make VP9 tables and what eludes me is why they do when at least there is this PM5 alternative. Doesn't require great hardware either and it is actually possible to make nice playing tables with it.

HI @slippifishi,

since the VPX Version of the table is progressing fast, do you plan to continue your work in the near future, or is this WIP on hold?

Kind Regards, Stephan

5 hours ago, skullmonkey911 said:

HI @slippifishi,

since the VPX Version of the table is progressing fast, do you plan to continue your work in the near future, or is this WIP on hold?

Kind Regards, Stephan

I am indeed hoping to return to Flintstones in the very near future so that it is ready in time for the VPX release, whenever that may be :) 

At the very worst, I will make my WIP files available when the VPX is ready, but I am sure I will have time to pick up some of the remaining scenes before then - watch this space!

EDIT: As the thread is already active, I will post Wob's preview too - this has been made available elsewhere previously so you may have already seen it, but I refrained from posting here at the time to avoid necroing/drawing attention to the thread :P

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1