Monster Bash Colorization

great job, I saw your video where you mentioned that you are not familiar with the colors for most tables.

you should always look at the backglass and PF image and flyer for inspiration.

Drac and Bride of Frank should have a pale complexion,   your image looks like she was tanning for a few weeks.

if thats the look you are going for then we will all gladly accept your changes

monster-bash-pinball-5.jpg

• Content Provider

Thank you for the hints guys. Suggestions are everytime welcome. As I found the greys too black/white looking, I tried to find the middle now. I also want to mention, that all possible similarity in color choice to the "other company" is pure coincidence.  I never watched their colorizations, I choose my colors by feeling and looking at playfield and backglass objects. But anyways thanks for the info, sometimes it maybe could be inspiring.

I desaturated the colors for Bride now to make the skin look more cold, think I will go with this:

1521371408_bridecolor.thumb.gif.262c7eaaeb9989ec4953a56f76c0ff84.gif

1338769631_ballandchaincolor.thumb.gif.251b6213c4a0e72eb0e343be53409e5a.gif

• Content Provider

Thanks to @Wob again for this ingenious gamplay test of the current progress of my Monster Bash Pin2DMD colorization. As you will see, there is still plenty to do. Not all scenes are colorized yet and there are missing frames, timing issues and glitches, but the progress should be around 80% and enough to take a closer look for those who are interested. This video and the corresponding dump will surely help me to capture the problems and complete the project. Enjoy...

Here is a test video in a real MB machine

Looks awesome and great work. Again, the LED display is so intensely bright the video shows at approx 50% brightness. I tried all camera settings but this was the best I could do. Probably a much better (HD or 4K) camera is needed to capture it at full glory. MB is really a machine that needs a color display and the scenes really fit with the artwork. Personally I also think the bride looks better in this version.

https://youtu.be/iCBNUVl0DvU

• Content Provider
25 minutes ago, Hydropeter said:

Thank you for this real pin beta test. This is very helpfull as we can see the differences and the work that is still to do to make it run better on real pins.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:59 AM, Hydropeter said:

Here is a test video in a real MB machine

Looks awesome and great work. Again, the LED display is so intensely bright the video shows at approx 50% brightness. I tried all camera settings but this was the best I could do. Probably a much better (HD or 4K) camera is needed to capture it at full glory. MB is really a machine that needs a color display and the scenes really fit with the artwork. Personally I also think the bride looks better in this version.

https://youtu.be/iCBNUVl0DvU

Hi, this is looking great. Can you tell me what panels you are using for the Pin2DMD? Was it premade or did you source and make the panels yourself? I ask as I see there is no colour bleeding in the images. Some of the first Pin2DMDs I have seen with panels sourced from China have a colour bleed of some pixels at times. 

thanks

18 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Bleeding was a problem of the first generation panels. Current panels don´t have that anymore.

ah, I see!  thank you! 

I might upgrade mine then. Thanks Lucky1. Wow. It's been 2 years since I built my Pin2DMD.  The progress with all these great colour DMDs will make it worth it. 

• Content Provider

IT´S ALIVE !!!

Since this project reached a well playable level , I decided to share it with the community.

Special thanks again to wob for countless hours of beta testing and dump producing! You rock!

This is not the final version, but I will provide updates in the future.

Knows issues:

- Minor glitches and flickering at some scenes

- Status report not completed

- Some missing map markers

- No support for the credit dots, so get rid of them first ?

Instructions:

Extract the rar file to your vpinmame\altcolor\mb_106b folder. Make sure you have freezy´s latest dmddevice.dll installed and working correctly on your system and activate the 4 color mode on your table by hitting F1.

Make sure you set the rom language to english, other languages will not work. Please activate the "say no to drugs" screen in your rom settings. This colorization is optimized for rom version MB_106b.

Requests for real pins, please send pm.

Enjoy!

If you would like to send me a drink, please use the tip button below. Thanks for your support, cheers :-).

MB 1.0.zip

Gameplay demo by WOB: