Monster Bash Colorization

• Content Provider

IT´S ALIVE !!!

Since this project reached a well playable level , I decided to share it with the community.

Special thanks again to wob for countless hours of beta testing and dump producing! You rock!

This is not the final version, but I will provide updates in the future.

Knows issues:

- Minor glitches and flickering at some scenes

- Status report not completed

- Some missing map markers

- No support for the credit dots, so get rid of them first ?

Instructions:

Extract the rar file to your vpinmame\altcolor\mb_106b folder. Make sure you have freezy´s latest dmddevice.dll installed and working correctly on your system and activate the 4 color mode on your table by hitting F1.

Make sure you set the rom language to english, other languages will not work. Please activate the "say no to drugs" screen in your rom settings. This colorization is optimized for rom version MB_106b.

Requests for real pins, please send pm.

Enjoy!

If you would like to send me a drink, please use the tip button below. Thanks for your support, cheers :-).

MB 1.0.zip

Gameplay demo by WOB:

I thought bally/williams games only had a 4 colour palette?  Can someone correct me on this - I was under the impression you could change the palette with individual 'scenes' but you could only have 4 colours displaying within that frame?

PS _ IT LOOKS WONDERFUL!

Edited by jukedock
missed out thanks!

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, jukedock said:

I thought bally/williams games only had a 4 colour palette?  Can someone correct me on this - I was under the impression you could change the palette with individual 'scenes' but you could only have 4 colours displaying within that frame?

PS _ IT LOOKS WONDERFUL!

The standard palettes are 4 colors indeed. But with the editor you have the possibility to set 4 more color masks and each of them have 4 more colors to use, so we are able to use 16 colors. Check out my video tutorial, it should help to understand better.