Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slippi sent me the source to look at, I've made some changes (very minor, he does great work) and I'll be sending them to him in the next couple of days. Everything is going to be saved separately so he isn't committed to any of my changes. Im going to try and get some of the chopping and triggering sorted for him more than any coloring. I definitely need to get better at this game cause there are a myriad of animations I've never seen before.   I needed a break from TMNT 😛 

Here is a video in a DemoMan machine using a real pin2dmd:

I like the icy blue color used for some of the fonts, it looks really well in contrast with the display bezel. I must say, even though this is a beta, the colors and scenes are VERY well done! It is a great value add for this machine!

The display itself is a lot brighter than the video shows but it is impossible to capture it in full contrast. I tried different cameras at different angles, lots of light settings but the above video is the best I got from it. It's a shame because it looks amazing IRL.

Good work SlippyFishy!!!

Awesome! I see a few obvious issues there and some scenes not firing that will need to be resolved (not sure what's going on with the laser millions at 4:54, it's like the mask stops running in the middle? I now appreciate this should be a replace scene anyway so I will redo it, but curious as to whats going on there). The free play text broke the score mask as well so I will have to get that added, the red ball and credit count really shines :) I have got the files back from Malenko now so the ball is in my court and I will make some tweaks and look into the final missing scenes in the coming days.

BTW hit launch during ACMAG mode for a cheeky jackpot!

free play for the score is easy, same mask just add a trigger to the free play text. That's why I usually trigger the text "BALL" for score masks.  If you trigger ball and the number you can make the score change based on what ball is in play ;) 

If he can record a play through on video and record the dmd output at the same time, that makes tracking down triggering issues a lot easier. If you want my chopped up files without triggers I can upload them tonight, or you can just use the files I sent previously with the reworked chopper jump without my chops.

I am pleased to present version 1.0 of Demolition Man! LX4 and H6 rom support is included, and while multiplayer is not officially catered for, I suspect it will still work for the most part.

There have been significant changes and improvements since the last version, including a large amount of rework on existing scenes, converting from mask to replace and vice versa, as well as lots of scene cutting and triggering, and tweaking palettes. There is a lot less bleeding between frames, a lot less yellow, and overall everything has had a touch of polish. I also discovered even more scenes I didn't know about, including ACMAG shots 10 and 12 - if you can hit 12 shots you are a god!

I now consider this feature complete - there are a handful of minor text screens not covered, and a few other annoying issues that I don't currently have the heart to challenge, but I may well return in the future and tweak this a little bit. Every mode is now covered, including the nightmare cryo prison car chase scene; this isn't perfect but it does the job, and all-in-all I am very happy with the final product. I welcome any feedback, and if anyone should spot any significantly broken or uncoloured scenes then please let me know via this forum thread.

Vpin files are available here on vpuniverse: 

Real pin and source files are available on request, just send me a pm.

I must say a quick thanks to @malenko who's support following my first release of this was invaluable, and I hope he won't mind me saying that although I did not end up using his proposed changes, his simply taking an interest and the time to look at my project and give me some positive feedback and pointers was a real confidence boost, so thank you Malenko, you are a credit to the community. And thank you @Hydropeter for testing!