synchronous panels?

mageek

I have made 6 pin2dmd panels successfully and look great. I have now purchased more panels but they do not work.  The specs say that they are synchronous panels where others I have purchased are async/sync.  Am I out of luck with these?

sync_panel.PNG

Thanks Lucky, Chips appear to be FM6124 , below is picture of board, working pin2dmd and same shield and controller on not working new panels.  Also you will see missing capacitors cx4 and cx5 , vendor says they aren’t needed.

B8877C47-0FBE-4DC0-92A5-FDC84DDE3DCB.jpeg.031bbcf09679e7b2a89d405c0d81d46d.jpeg

8493DA93-D65F-48BC-8590-4BAD449FE9AD.jpeg

4A20BBF1-663D-4B4E-9581-A1C9FE9998C5.jpeg

FDC32E9F-06D9-4561-8D86-3939443082AA.jpeg

I have updated to 2.60, I can now make out some letters sometimes and I can switch palettes in the pin2dmd tool however green is blue and blue is green so these must be BRG panels ?  What can we do to make them work?

IMG_0243.jpg

• Content Provider

Please make some pictures of the controller part and the wiring. From your first picture I can see that you use a very long ribbon cable. Please make the connections to the panel as short as possible.

Yes I have tried several different cables.  I have found that if I touch PC6 (OE) or even touching the HUB 75 cable my body capacitance makes it become readable but not stable.  You say you have the same panels, can you verify for me that cx4 and cx5 capacitors are missing from your panels as well, vendor says they aren't needed but maybe in our application they are.

Thanks

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Yes so it is completely noisy at 5v and works best at ~4.5v , still very noisy at 4.8v. The biggest issue after that is the OE signal. If I jumper OE to the power supply frame it stabilizes it almost perfectly, otherwise it is scrambled. Some value r/c filter needed maybe ? Have any suggestions ? assuming it is AC interference (all other panels I have work fine)

I made a crossover cable for the G and B signals and that corrects the colour issue.

thanks for your time Lucky

• Content Provider

First of all the RGB Sequence is adjustable in the onscreen menu. So no crossover cable needed. 
If you jumper OE to the powersupply it wil never turn off and therefore you will never get different brightness levels.

I honestly have no idea how to fix this remotely. Maybe a level shifter helps like in this thread 

• Content Provider

Please make a picture of the parts around the HUB75 connector of the panels (input)

On 12/8/2018 at 7:29 PM, mageek said:

can you verify for me that cx4 and cx5 capacitors are missing from your panels as well

No, my panels have cx4 and cx5

Ok thanks Lucky, I have ordered some V3 shields I’ll try on them when they come in. I have also ordered some new panels from another seller.

I will PM you for 3 more activations 

I tried a new discovery board to get activation number and the panels work with this board at 4.5v !!

EDIT: it gets stranger !  

• 2  STM32F407G discovery board with serial # that starts with  D2 work and 2 that start with D4 and D5 do not 
  • the serials # that start  D2  also work perfectly with V2,60 firmware
  • serials that start with D4 and D5 with OE shorted to ground work with v2.58 but have overlapping display on v2.60

I don't want you to waste any more time on this, but maybe this info is useful.....

Thanks and Happy Christmas !