Black Knight (Williams 1980)(Db2S)

darquayle

• 3 years later...

I recently started playing around with VP & have mostly DeskTop tables. But have experimented with a few Full Screen tables & a second monitor for the backglass. I know how to drag the DMD from monitor 1 to monitor 2. I'm using the same PC for both table versions which causes a conflict when using the same ROM for both. However the problem is solved if I specify the position & size of the DMD in each table script.

But how do I drag the scores, etc, from monitor 1 to monitor 2 when they are not a DMD, such as in Black Knight?

How do I lock in their respective positions & sizes in each table script? Since it's not a DMD do I somehow specify multiple positions?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I already have the BackglassServer. But it appears it's for DMD displays. What am I missing?

If I install the Black Knight backglass will the scores automatically appear on the backglass? And also stay on the DeskTop table version?

add the directb2s File to your Table Folder, both sould have the same filename, example:

Tables / Black Knight.vpx
Tables / Black Knight.directb2s

BackglassServerEXE and others should be at Vpinball.exe, example:

Visual Pinball / VPinballx.exe
Visual Pinball / BackglassServerEXE.exe
.. and all other B2S Files ...

Then, also you need a ScreenRes.tx File in your Tables Filder, with this,
Line 1 and 2 are Screen 1 Resolution and Line 3 and 4 for your second Screen, example:

Next: take a look in your Tabke Script, there is a Line with:

Set Controller = CreateObject("VPinMAME.Controller")

If you want to use your Backglass File, change it to:

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

And at example for Black Knight, if you use Backglass File ( yes there are the Digits included ),

and you want to hide your "DMD", again takt a look in your Script and serch for:

.hidden = 0

Change it to .hidden = 1

Thats the Basics about to use Backglass Files with VP(X).

Thank you for the reply.

I've previously done everything (with one exception) that you mentioned on the few 2 monitor setups I've played with. The problem I had was going back & playing the DT table because the DMD stayed at its position on monitor 2. So I had to turn on monitor 2 & drag the DMD back to the DT on monitor 1. IOW the DMD stayed wherever it was last moved. The solution was entering the position & size for the DT DMD in the DT table script and entering the position & size of the FS 2 monitor DMD in the FS table script. That locked in the DMD for each version.

That is my concern with the Black Knight. If I go back & forth between DT and FS with 2 monitors will the scores stay where they belong.

The exception being that I left .hidden = 0 on the 2-monitor setups I've tried so far. I'm presuming changing it to .hidden = 1 will make the difference that is required. Currently monitor 2 is not connected so I will not be able to try this until later. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks again.

UncleBuck, glad to see you are diving into dual screen play. This is exactly how I got started. Got the desktop versions working, then began to experiment with full screen, then added a second screen, then tested a third screen, next thing you know I have a full cabinet! Welcome to the Hobby!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived