Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucky1

PIN2DMD EVO128x32 Controller Board

Recommended Posts

Hi guys. I have an EVO PCB latest version and when it is turned on it has about a 30% rate of booting up. When it works the red led is lit and the green power led is on and the led panels show an image. When it doesn't work the red led is not lit and the green power led is still on and the led panels are blank/off. 

If I hit the reset button it will work again. I have checked the buttons to see if any are stuck or shorted but all check out. I have also flashed the firmware again, swapped over different led panels, connectors, power cables etc and have determined it to be the actual PCB.

It is like it is getting power but will not complete or start the boot process most of the time.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 7:45 PM, Terranigma said:

Hi guys. I have an EVO PCB latest version and when it is turned on it has about a 30% rate of booting up. When it works the red led is lit and the green power led is on and the led panels show an image. When it doesn't work the red led is not lit and the green power led is still on and the led panels are blank/off. 

If I hit the reset button it will work again. I have checked the buttons to see if any are stuck or shorted but all check out. I have also flashed the firmware again, swapped over different led panels, connectors, power cables etc and have determined it to be the actual PCB.

It is like it is getting power but will not complete or start the boot process most of the time.

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen? Thanks

Please try version 3.18 . I added a delay to SD card init.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lucky1,

I had exactly the same issue with one of my boards. The screens would only fire up every third time or so that power was turned on (i would do this in 10 second successions).

once the screen turned on there was no issues.

I could manually start the screen by pressing the reset button.

Tried 3.18 but unfortunately that made no difference.

Any further ideas?

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scoby78 said:

Hi Lucky1,

I had exactly the same issue with one of my boards. The screens would only fire up every third time or so that power was turned on (i would do this in 10 second successions).

once the screen turned on there was no issues.

I could manually start the screen by pressing the reset button.

Tried 3.18 but unfortunately that made no difference.

Any further ideas?

Many thanks

Is this with SD card inserted ? If yes, could you please check if it works when SD card is removed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 6:06 AM, lucky1 said:

Please try version 3.18 . I added a delay to SD card init.

Hi Lucky1, I will try that and let you know. I am having problems with or without the SD card inserted. I think it may be a manufacturing issue rather than any firmware issues. @dzorbas also had this issue on one of his boards and he is also going to look into it.

I think it could be either a faulty part or manufacturing issue.

I will report back with the 3.18 fw results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. 

In my Getaway, after switching to the menu mode, the image on Pin2DMD changes with a delay, only after 5-6 seconds, 

version 4.00

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...