PIN2DMD EVO128x32 Controller Board

lucky1

16 hours ago, Dany said:

I didn't understand if by doing this order, I get the cards that are already paid out of all the components and that I just need to put the rgb panels to do the pin2dmds because of who answers me

place an order like in a lucky1 movie and wait patiently for an email with a quote for the whole.  ;)

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider
58 minutes ago, Peza said:

Any guide how to solder/install  the LED-displays to the  evo board? cant find anything about it. 

Just solder the power connectors to the pads, and screw the panels to the pcb.

IMG_0570.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
3 hours ago, Peza said:

Ive Been looking for a complete guide on how to connect to a wpc game the best way. Seen some small cards (can I buy in Europe?) 

y-cable to Z connector. Picture on that? 

IMG_1532.jpg

On a Royal rumble, data East Can i Connect as in picture (from cn6) to this blue 12v dc? And where goes ground? 

feel a bit lost ??‍♂️?

Edit: ive done it! Now the board has connection 12v thru the wpc connection and the evo board light green. But the displays dont light up... But one step closer :D

image.jpg

• 2 months later...

I order my parts from Digikey but I'm in Canada. I'm sure they will ship worldwide. I like Lucky1's cables but this is what I've been building. And no, you probably don't need the 3rd wire between the Z connector and the J116 connector as long as you use J116 in the back box . You can use J117 in the back back as well and that 3rd wire cares 5v. 

BqLwcXXioQS2fAsvvpkaYc2mJrQTgSYT4aXr8pNaQdGYOWWp032aoQlgt531Xlj5DBOiUVcDPQqRm8OteLLGdREX8vmILFGNKH3s497JK8q4FH0sPH_Goz948kIT6kr0nlj0m9l9ACIeX2vGFPAyRIWdM8cmuQJkEugOCEU3ZbWNm7mrdON-tUX3ZFyZCgGJ7-bGieOJNK4Zt8pmppLx9RG0PFWLe9YqZb6Xj8M-Znss2GtNr_-_Pu0N6_h-wiXzhYC_VRNcDXNcOYHNK9_nchJScwG947P3VGZc32V_3RWjqopJzgNDJWpTOKEbcmaKD7AUGgxT8eAqaUFgfZvRvSGJF2I5OWdEcVJX4zL_ULj-mWLoZ4vz-vfMpnqttYYkZY9SzcWdZov1C2cHxsG7OZMFpYz3-t0NCYWle7z4wPJDzH1ocemhMnjBfbXJy8RRgJEKsJEh_S7--XnS6lO1ytAMUnLEJk2oLGnZgGjPXvKsEo2vAcUEeR2NV9qOHgwZRdcjdDPLuGcwxK2BaOxzLz0QRFMysR3lmTQW3CNLCytZ7jZIum21p5YTk-LBIT-3JZ0rfopGHTx18VkSoCvrcbCN6fBP7oKOOF3M9ZfHvcyJ8xNpQNweANv2EHYyYLhUSNNOIafy1mupj_3Lo-tQ8l4boT5EIs5V4KD9-kK1yT3SF9rwkCxEiSTFTDIyvA=w1649-h927-no?authuser=0

The J116/J138 connector is an MTA-156 IDC connector and the pin2dmd power connector is VHR-4N. The question is how are you constructing the circled part below? That looks like 2 pieces combined or maybe I'm mistaken.

image.thumb.png.8c8345053790ad18a15b523f4d9c045f.png

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, dzorbas said:

The J116/J138 connector is an MTA-156 IDC connector and the pin2dmd power connector is VHR-4N. The question is how are you constructing the circled part below? That looks like 2 pieces combined or maybe I'm mistaken.

Those are simply 90 degree pinheaders with the solder pins bend straight. 

Normally you would use a z-connector, but those are hard to get.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5791-12235-04

1173.jpg

1 hour ago, lucky1 said:

Normally you would use a z-connector, but those are hard to get.

I checked everywhere for them. I think Stern uses them in their games but they must have someone manufacturing them as a special order. There was one company that used to make them but I think they went out of business. Pinball Life sells them as well.

In the end, that's why I'm just soldering and heat shrinking the wires to the connector.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Just trying to get my Evo board running and not having any luck, its just not displaying anything.

I tried a couple of power supplied 12 v 2A to start with, then read it needs more amps, so found a 5v 10A one. Both power supplies light the yellow light on the pcb and when running my finger over the top 3 coloured lights they were dim but lit.

Both LCD panels had just under 5v going in and I pressed all the buttons along the top of the pcb without any result.

I have tried putting the firmware onto a usb and pressing the DFU and Reset button on power up but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pin2dmd4.jpg

pin2dmd2.jpg

Did you install the firmware via your PC to begin with? I don't believe you can do this any other way the first time. Subsequent updates can be done by putting the firmware on the microSD card and rebooting the board but the initial load can't be done this way.

I have just done the update via the DfuSeDemo app and power cycled, still nothing on the display :(

Opened DfuSeDemo
Powered Evo Board
Plugged into PC
Pressed Dfu and Reset, let go of Rest then Dfu
Device listed in DfuSe app
Clicked on Choose.. in Upgrade or Verify Action
Selected File PIN2DMD.dfu
Clicked Upgrade
Waiting for it to complete
Clicked Leave DFU mode
Power cycled Evo board

• Content Provider
6 minutes ago, WolNielsen said:

I have just done the update via the DfuSeDemo app and power cycled, still nothing on the display :(

Opened DfuSeDemo
Powered Evo Board
Plugged into PC
Pressed Dfu and Reset, let go of Rest then Dfu
Device listed in DfuSe app
Clicked on Choose.. in Upgrade or Verify Action
Selected File PIN2DMD.dfu
Clicked Upgrade
Waiting for it to complete
Clicked Leave DFU mode
Power cycled Evo board

Good news is that if it appears in the device list, the cpu is working bt just missing the correct firmware.

What is the size of your pin2dmd.dfu file ?

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, WolNielsen said:

The PIN2DMD.dfu file is 2,049KB

Then you have overwritten it with a empty flash dump by pressing the Upload button. Download the image again and use the UPGRADE function as described on pin2dmd.com.
The correct image has 436,533 bytes