PIN2DMD EVO128x32 Controller Board

lucky1

16 minutes ago, coreduo0099 said:

Are these only for actual pins or would they also serve as a color LCD replacment for a Vpin using dmddevice.dll and altcolor folders?

Also, would the handle higher resolution pins like Maverick?

Thanks

From a capability standpoint, these are just like the displays built with the Nucleo and V4 shield.    The EVO will not work with the larger Sega/Data East display in Maverick, Frankenstein, etc.   That display requires larger panels and a larger frame.

1 hour ago, dpannell2 said:

From a capability standpoint, these are just like the displays built with the Nucleo and V4 shield.    The EVO will not work with the larger Sega/Data East display in Maverick, Frankenstein, etc.   That display requires larger panels and a larger frame.

Thanks @dpannell2 - I forgot about that

• lucky1 pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • Content Provider
4 hours ago, mikoy said:

That is only the PCB. You can get fully working pcbs by contacting a sales representative and asking for turnkey assembly and send him the BOM file which is also attached in your linked site.

• Content Provider

These are old display panels. They are out of production for at least 2 years now. The EVO boards are only for the currently sold display panels.
To make sure you get the latest panels make sure your supplier sends you pictures of the panels he sends.

16 hours ago, lucky1 said:

To są stare panele wyświetlacza. Nie są produkowane od co najmniej 2 lat. Płyty EVO są przeznaczone tylko do obecnie sprzedawanych paneli.
Aby upewnić się, że otrzymujesz najnowsze panele, upewnij się, że dostawca prześle Ci zdjęcia paneli, które wysyła.

I bought two displays a month ago, so the seller had old supplies,

Lucky, could you give me a link to a seller who has the right panels ?? Or a photo of new panels.

Thank you

15 minutes ago, fly said:

Lucky, could you give me a link to a seller who has the right panels ?? Or a photo of new panels.

Thank you

in fact, these panels are not old supply, you just bought a 160x160mm panel and split it into 2 parts, right?
we stated severyl times that these are not good as you need to remove the plastic frame and you would only have the bare pcb and the mounting pins.

these often break and the panels always come in different variants with their connector on different places.

I STRONGLY suggest to only buy 160x80mm panels like from coreman or, of course, from me! ;)

Don't get me wrong guys, but always trying to save the last buck always costs you more in the end and brings you into trouble!

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, fly said:

Thank you

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/933144

Please always ask for a picture of the panels they send you. The pictures in the ad are not always up to date.

P2-5-Indoor-Voll-farbe-led-anzeige-modul-160mm-x-80mm-64-32-Pixel-SMD-3..jpg

Thanks @lucky1  That Link goes to a generic page...

Would this be the proper part?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32651366889.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.42.6d0e7300vdWCjH

Thinking about swapping my LCD monitor used for DMD.  When I last asked, i'd be losing a few tables like maverick.  Any solution to that like a higher density display?

• Content Provider

Those seem to be o.k. but still ask for pictures before they send you the panels.

192x64 is supported for more than 2 years in pin2dmd firmware using P2 64x64 128mmx128mm panels also available from coreman. Just recently I published the layout for EVO192x64 and EVO 128x16 (small DataEast) here as a plug and play replacement for the acrylframe - Nucleo board combination.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:21 AM, lucky1 said:

Those seem to be o.k. but still ask for pictures before they send you the panels.

192x64 is supported for more than 2 years in pin2dmd firmware using P2 64x64 128mmx128mm panels also available from coreman. Just recently I published the layout for EVO192x64 and EVO 128x16 (small DataEast) here as a plug and play replacement for the acrylframe - Nucleo board combination.

Thanks for the reply. So would the 192x64 support all DMDs out there then?  I use extdmd on my lcd monitor at 1360x320 and everything looks beautiful.. I'd just like to get something brighter that does it all.

Oh, also things like 3 screen simpsons that have the DMD show a non dmd display.. Would that work?

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, coreduo0099 said:

Thanks for the reply. So would the 192x64 support all DMDs out there then?  I use extdmd on my lcd monitor at 1360x320 and everything looks beautiful.. I'd just like to get something brighter that does it all.

Oh, also things like 3 screen simpsons that have the DMD show a non dmd display.. Would that work?

Actually I have a 192x64 P2.5 display here which I wanted to test in my pincab, but haven´t had the time so far. 
So currently the answer is no but maybe some time in the future.

17 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Actually I have a 192x64 P2.5 display here which I wanted to test in my pincab, but haven´t had the time so far. 
So currently the answer is no but maybe some time in the future.

Can't wait..  Back to the Future is another one of those 3rd DMD backglasses with a nice set of lights in place of DMD similar to Simpsons...

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have an extra PIN2DMD EVO128x32 RGB LED controller as listed here: https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/PIN2DMD_EVO128x32_RGB_LED_Dotmatrix_Pinball_Display_Controller.html The minimum order is 5 on pcbway.com, so I thought I would check with the community first. I already have the screen panels and I live in the continental U.S. 

(Also, my apologies - it looks like I posted this is the wrong place, but I can't seem to find a way to delete or move my post...)

Edited by aragornsawyer

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Dany said:

I didn't understand if by doing this order, I get the cards that are already paid out of all the components and that I just need to put the rgb panels to do the pin2dmds because of who answers me

Just place your order like done in this video