Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

4 hours ago, adamstillman said:

looks great. question though.. how would this look on a pin2dmd , or pindmd3 display??

i guess it is the next pin2dmd XL colorization after baywatch? so useless for all the normal pin2dmd users :(

I appreciate all the work you guys do but wonder why these get done before the normal dmds? Hopefully we will see a Tales of the Arabian Nights Colorization one day :D

Just now, nbcrew said:

i guess it is the next pin2dmd XL colorization after baywatch? so useless for all the normal pin2dmd users :(

I appreciate all the work you guys do but wonder why these get done before the normal dmds? Hopefully we will see a Tales of the Arabian Nights Colorization one day :D

Yes, a drawback until someone finds a good routine to resize to the smaller dmd size.
Until then you could make an exception on freezys dll to show the XL-sized DMDs on your Backglass or on your topper screen if you have one in use.

• Content Provider
33 minutes ago, nbcrew said:

I appreciate all the work you guys do but wonder why these get done before the normal dmds? 

Funny: I was wondering what you mean by "normal pin2dmd users". Seems like this is depend on the view angle, to me having only real machines and also a MSF, the normal use case to have a device build in the real machine :-)

Br Steve

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, nbcrew said:

There's only a handful of XL games, they can be enjoyed on a vpin by displaying the XL DMD on the backglass.  I'm doing MSF as a favor to Steve for all the hardwork he put into the Pin2DMD editor. I redid TMNT in "normal dmd" dimensions , despite having a real TMNT cab that can't take advantage of the larger pixel area. So I spent 30+ hours of my life on something that's useless to me for the benefit of others.

16 hours ago, malenko said:

started ploppin away at this, gonna bug @DJRobX to help with triggers (Im bad at them and prefer to spend my time coloring dots

That works out because I enjoy keyframing way more than coloring dots.  :D  I just wish there were a VPX of this table as it's much easier for me to debug with.    Maybe this will help inspire someone to create it though. :)

The XL ones are really amazing looking.    The Baywatch colorization is gorgeous. 

2 hours ago, steve45 said:

You can actually debug using the editor. If you playback a recording when having the project uploaded to the pin2dmd device and "live preview" switched on, it should give you a nice preview.

can you do this on a PC only with freezys dll, some of us color projects in the comfort of our desktop PC and comfortable chairs an don't have a PIN2DMD dedicated for testing purposes.

• Content Provider

No. The live preview is meant to run on the real device to see real colors and the actual firmware running.

A built-in preview that emulates the firmware is not supported for various reasons.

And the editor is written in Java you cannot just leverage a dll

18 hours ago, nbcrew said:

You could always start your own colorization as well? 

These projects are very time consuming and can be a tedious project.  I appreciate all those who are giving of their time to create these wonderful works of art!

• Content Provider
46 minutes ago, cb3 said:

You could always start your own colorization as well? 

These projects are very time consuming and can be a tedious project.  I appreciate all those who are giving of their time to create these wonderful works of art!

There's a great tutorial he can use too!

Here's some more stuff.  None of the colors are set in stone, but Im trying to be more "steam punk" in the palette I use

titlezoom.gif

title2.gif

MultiBall2.gif

very cool... kinda off topic.. but what did everyone think of this movie??  

I thought It was weird, i saw it at a very young age, i remember the eels and saving the birthing fluid from pregnant women... and then the end scene when frankenstein ( not the monster ) dances with his stitched together wife was weird too.  i left the movie with a off feeling.  not for me.

• Content Provider

Looks very promising. I've done some more recording recently, which also includes some of the movie scenes in the left half of the dmd, which wasn't covered so far.

I will cut and upload it tommorow.

Br Steve