• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider
40 minutes ago, Hydropeter said:

Here is a video of the beta running in a Medieval Pinball machine. Very difficult to get it in focus on the video because the LEDs are really bright.

Thanks for the upload. The colors seem to be different, but maybe this is a recording issue...

• Content Provider

Version Beta 1.1

Thank you all for the great reactions to my works and many thanks for those who sent some drinks, cheers!

Now the time is right to provide an update, that reduces some major issues and adds a bit more niceness to the game  ( I hope so :-) )...

Changelog:

• Flickering frames  while choosing items for catapult reduced to a minimum
  • Added more detailed troll animations (not finished yet... I colorized over 170 frames, frame by frame and hash by hash, but there are still some frames missing. The color mask solution before also had a lot of glitches, so I decided to give you that new version :-))
  • Fix for right outlane Joust Charge counts (only showed Joust Charge 1 before),  colorization is done until Joust Charge 8
  • Fix for some minor timing and transition issues
  • Color and keyframe adjustments for some scenes
  • Colorized some missing Jackpot and score scenes

Instructions:

Download the attached rar file and extract the content into your vpinmame\altcolor\mm_109c folder.

For any requests for real pins please pm me.

Medieval Madness Beta 1.1.rar

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE OR UPLOAD SOMEWHERE ELSE! IF YOU GET ANY REQUEST, PLEASE LEAD THE PEOPLE TO THIS THREAD...THANK YOU!

And once again,  just to mention it:

I am not doing this to make money, but if you like to send me a drink or something, feel warmly invited to use the Tip button below. :)

thanks for the release,  love the added details on the trolls.. I've been playing the heck out of this game lately because of your work..

again.. can't say how cool this is..

curious though... i wonder why for so many years the pinball manufactures never put out a game with a color dmd before.. it took fans to do it.

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, slydog43 said:

so incredible, sorry I didn't test this out before tonight.    Everyone needs to test this.   Hopefully you can buy a beer or 2, just donated.   Can't wait to test 1.1.   You my sir has some talent.   Could you make a small video??

Thanks for the drink, glad that you like it... what kind of video do you mean, a gameplay video or a kind of tutorial? I am not a pro player, so everytime I try to test some new scenes, it is hard to reach them...maybe some of the pro gamers could record a gameplay video of version 1.1? That would be great and help me finetuning the project for the final version...

• Content Provider

I can get most of the modes, so I'll try and set up a recording, I have never tried the barnyard multiball mentioned, so I'll try and get that too, if you haven't colored that I can try and do the dump at the same time?

Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Wob said:

I can get most of the modes, so I'll try and set up a recording, I have never tried the barnyard multiball mentioned, so I'll try and get that too, if you haven't colored that I can try and do the dump at the same time?

Wob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I already colorized some scenes of that barnyard multiball, because there were some existing in the dump that you sent me, but I was never able to test this lol... I realized your skills when I worked on your dump, so yes it would be really great to get a video of your gameplay. I think that only pro gamers like you have the chance to find missing scenes that I was not able to colorize yet :-)

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, NetzZWerg said:

Thanks for the drink, glad that you like it... what kind of video do you mean, a gameplay video or a kind of tutorial? I am not a pro player, so everytime I try to test some new scenes, it is hard to reach them...maybe some of the pro gamers could record a gameplay video of version 1.1? That would be great and help me finetuning the project for the final version...

A quick little tutorial video on you coloring a scene with the editor.  I have had so much trouble with the editor with simple coloring of an intro scene.  Crashes or doesn't save in right format for using with VP.  Do you use a mac or pc and what version of the editor are you using?   thanks

8 hours ago, NetzZWerg said:

I already colorized some scenes of that barnyard multiball, because there were some existing in the dump that you sent me, but I was never able to test this lol... I realized your skills when I worked on your dump, so yes it would be really great to get a video of your gameplay. I think that only pro gamers like you have the chance to find missing scenes that I was not able to colorize yet :-)

Thanks in advance

Found this from Rob on FB for colorization, maybe it helps...

VPX has ball control (hit D and check "ball control"), you can guide the ball around with the mouse to get the different modes to trigger.

• Content Provider
4 minutes ago, nbcrew said:

Found this from Rob on FB for colorization, maybe it helps...

VPX has ball control (hit D and check "ball control"), you can guide the ball around with the mouse to get the different modes to trigger.

Yeah thank you for the hint, I already used it before. But some scenes are even hard to reach with that. For example it is a bit tricky to get the ball into the lock mode, you have to ballance it next to the castle wall :-)

• Content Provider

I just recolorized some scenes for the final version, based on some community feedback...

New castle surroundings:

5b939264eccc4_destroycastlenew.thumb.gif.21cf840c8abb9b2ac506d47a6658b440.gif

better Merlin for extra ball:

5b939297de073_extraballnew.thumb.gif.95be26ebfe0aa418f59fb96c63740208.gif

Ball lock ball colors:

5b9392d1a5d2c_ball2locknew.thumb.gif.b172475203029ec01790a9fedac3119d.gif

Merlin Magic gloves (not sure if it will be possible):

5b9392eba82f3_merlinmagicnew.thumb.gif.ced05699a9134779d3acf4968d45e07f.gif

By the way, I created a new facebook account for my pinball hobby, because my next account was for music productions. You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/netz.zwerg.54 , would be nice to add me, because I have got no friends there yet lol :-)

On 9/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, NetzZWerg said:

Yeah thank you for the hint, I already used it before. But some scenes are even hard to reach with that. For example it is a bit tricky to get the ball into the lock mode, you have to ballance it next to the castle wall :-)

Remember that you can double click to "jump" the ball somewhere.  

Also you can point and shoot across the ramp so it will go in a straight line -  you don't have to always drag it with the mouse ;)

• Content Provider
37 minutes ago, DJRobX said:

Remember that you can double click to "jump" the ball somewhere.  

Also you can point and shoot across the ramp so it will go in a straight line -  you don't have to always drag it with the mouse ;)

Wow lol...thanks for the info. That makes it so much better to trigger:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I did a demo recording to show off this colourisation, the video includes both the std and colourised DMD as well as the table so you can see what triggers events. It wasn't my cleanest game (I seem to get some stutter when recording for some reason), I bricked BOTK , so no KOTR, but it does the job for a dmd demo.

https://youtu.be/PN0Ve6iUDCE

Thanks again @NetzZWerg for the awesome work.

Wob

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Wob said:

I did a demo recording to show off this colourisation, the video includes both the std and colourised DMD as well as the table so you can see what triggers events. It wasn't my cleanest game (I seem to get some stutter when recording for some reason), I bricked BOTK , so no KOTR, but it does the job for a dmd demo.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=PN0Ve6iUDCE

Thanks again @NetzZWerg for the awesome work.

Wob

Here is the correct link 

Archived