• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this looks freakin awesome man!!

I attempted to work on MM last winter and that game has a lot of transitions. My plan was going to be to key the initial animation as a replacement, then key a color mask at the transition. Problems I was having was that the color mask timing was never lining up in my real pinball machine. I have a real MM and I even have an SD card extension cable hanging out of it to test my work. If you wouldn’t mind I could test your work in my real machine just send me the files. Oh also back when I was working it I was running into a few bugs in the editor but I beleive they were all fixed. If you would like help with this feel free to reach out to me. I was going to resume my project but yours already looks much further than mine! 

-Tom

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, tjc02002 said:

Wow this looks freakin awesome man!!

I attempted to work on MM last winter and that game has a lot of transitions. My plan was going to be to key the initial animation as a replacement, then key a color mask at the transition. Problems I was having was that the color mask timing was never lining up in my real pinball machine. I have a real MM and I even have an SD card extension cable hanging out of it to test my work. If you wouldn’t mind I could test your work in my real machine just send me the files. Oh also back when I was working it I was running into a few bugs in the editor but I beleive they were all fixed. If you would like help with this feel free to reach out to me. I was going to resume my project but yours already looks much further than mine! 

-Tom

Thank you Tom and also thanks for all the positiv feedback given by the community, that really keeps me motivated to finish the project as soon as possible. I know how it feels to wait for a release of something like this and I completely understand the requests for a preview wip-version for you guys to test on your Cabs. For me it would also be very good to get some feedback by the community that helps me to complete the project. That is why I put my focus on keyframing since yesterday and I hope to be able to give you guys a wip version within the next few days. So please stay tuned :-)

I can’t wait for another beta to test...

NetzZwerg gets all colors amazingly good even though he only has a monitor and no real pin2dmd.

I’m glad to help on this project as well! But the castle gate animations were a real pain in the butt. I didn’t Image we would have so much trouble with it. Took almost a day to get it working.

• Content Provider
7 minutes ago, Rappelbox said:

I can’t wait for another beta to test...

NetzZwerg gets all colors amazingly good even though he only has a monitor and no real pin2dmd.

I’m glad to help on this project as well! But the castle gate animations were a real pain in the butt. I didn’t Image we would have so much trouble with it. Took almost a day to get it working.

Thank you so much for your support time and effort to help me through this progress. Without your explainations and help I would never be at this state of development right now.

This looks amazing! That is an amazing amount of work in what appears to be a short period of time. (Seems like a short period to me anyway.)

I think that the demand for this colorization is unprecedented.....

The community is really excited for this....thank you very much....

• Content Provider

Version Beta 1.0

First of all I want to thank you all for your great feedback and the big interest in my project. And special thanks to Rappelbox for supporting me with hours of explainations around the editor and help with keyframing. The  last three weeks I had the chance to put as much work as possible inside this project and I think it is time for you guys to see what´s going on. I want to say clearly that this is not the final version and it is still containing some small glitches and missing scenes.
This version is optimized for rom mm_109c, but others might also work.

I am not doing this to make money, but if you like to send me a drink or something, feel warmly invited to use the Tip button below. :)

Instructions: Download the attached rar file and extract the content into your vpinmame\altcolor\mm_109c folder.

For any requests for real pins please pm me.

Medieval Madness Beta 1.0.rar

Have a nice weekend and enjoy;)

ohhh my gosh!!!!! what a treat!!!!! I played it and it looks amazing.. my wife sat down and watched me and she finally noticed there are different damsels to save.  having it colored makes it pop so much, she noticed so much more in the dmd than before.. which means i have a second player to play with now.   

what a amazing job... please keep up the work. this will be a master piece when its done.

Hey - really awesome work to see - this being my first time with a colorDMD, update, I just downloaded, made the altcolor folder and put the beta files it into the \altcolor\mm_109c folder and tried running, but I am pretty sure i'm missing something - before I tried this on my actual cab I'm trying the virtual - seems like it works but i get only a few colors, not like the animations on this thread - is that accurate or should it be more full-color? If it's full color, does anyone have advice on what I might be missing? I'm using the latest Freezy's DMD Extensions if that helps any...

• Content Provider
17 minutes ago, truegamer25 said:

Hey - really awesome work to see - this being my first time with a colorDMD, update, I just downloaded, made the altcolor folder and put the beta files it into the \altcolor\mm_109c folder and tried running, but I am pretty sure i'm missing something - before I tried this on my actual cab I'm trying the virtual - seems like it works but i get only a few colors, not like the animations on this thread - is that accurate or should it be more full-color? If it's full color, does anyone have advice on what I might be missing? I'm using the latest Freezy's DMD Extensions if that helps any...

To get just a few colors sounds like something went wrong. Make sure you have the latest freezy´s version running correctly. Also hit F1 when the table is loaded and make sure the cabinet mode and the external dmd is activated. Hope that helps...

55 minutes ago, NetzZWerg said:

To get just a few colors sounds like something went wrong. Make sure you have the latest freezy´s version running correctly. Also hit F1 when the table is loaded and make sure the cabinet mode and the external dmd is activated. Hope that helps...

Just grabbed the newest freezy's, unblocked the zip & re-extracted everything but the ini - it's working now, and let me officially add in my own thanks and amazing work...    Congrats and amazing work, it's really awesome to see a visual upgrade to one of my most favorite vpin tables! :D

57 minutes ago, NetzZWerg said:

Thanks for this beautiful contribution and hard work NetzZWerg!  I'm having the same problem as truegamer25 (only a few colors).  I've confirmed the latest freezy version (1.7.1) and the settings [cabinet mode, use external dmd, and colorized dmd (4 colors)] are selected.  I have other colorized roms working, but AFM and MM both seem to have this problem of not enough colors.  Any ideas?  

25 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Thanks for this beautiful contribution and hard work NetzZWerg!  I'm having the same problem as truegamer25 (only a few colors).  I've confirmed the latest freezy version (1.7.1) and the settings [cabinet mode, use external dmd, and colorized dmd (4 colors)] are selected.  I have other colorized roms working, but AFM and MM both seem to have this problem of not enough colors.  Any ideas?  

Hey - all I can say is to try re-downloading the latest version: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases and right-click-->properties on the .zip, see if it's being blocked & unblock before extracting all files (minus the .ini file which doesn't usually need updating anyway, just configuring) - that's all I did when i had the problem & now it's full color - granted, haven't tried on my pindmdv3 but i'm sure it's working now :D

Archived