• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like your freezy setup is wrong  --- in what way(s) could it be set up wrong?

you forgot to rename the files to pin2dmd? ---- No!   pin2dmd. pal  /  pin2dmd.vni

Maybe wrong altcolor folder name? ---  VPinMame --> altcolor -->  mm_109c

.....two other small issues: 

*When starting  the table the DMD shows up on the main playfield. I can drag it to screen 3 but after closing, saving and reloading the table it's back on the playfield screen!

*Can that little white resizing triangle in the lower right DMD corner be made to disappear after having set the right size?

Any suggestions appreciated....

IMG_20200909_212909.thumb.jpg.7e2dad32272a8a41a11668036383dbac.jpgIMG_20200909_212919.thumb.jpg.248d8f1f366998a343f9f2b78396111c.jpg

OK!!! After updating to Freezy 1.80 it looks like it should!

And holy cow, now even the little white resizing triangle vanishes when not hovering above it with the mouse - with 1.7.0 it didn't!

---> But... the DMD still starts on the playfield and won't stay on the DMD screen..... ?

Any suggestions for that...? Thanks so much in advance.

Still, there is a new problem I noticed:

With the color rom installed, the game starts normal, buttery smooth, and suddenly a heavy stutter starts, for minutes sometimes! and suddenly it's gone again - which never happened with the "normal" version.

Hm, any ideas reg. that, perhaps...?

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with my external DMD (PinDMD V3). During certain moments the dmd will stop displaying the proper video and instead shows the error in the picture here: https://imgur.com/a/hpFXOEc, then immediately reverts to the DMD default shown here:  https://imgur.com/oyMyxq5

When I play Medieval Madness it does this every time I get Merlin's Magic.

I have no idea why it is doing this. I haven't played my machine since about early December, but before I have never had this issue. If I turn off the color mods and revert to the standard single color dmd then it works fine.

I think it has something to do with a Windows 10 update because when I did a system restore it worked fine again, but as soon as windows updated it stopped working.

I have no idea how to fix this issue. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, Quade999 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with my external DMD (PinDMD V3). During certain moments the dmd will stop displaying the proper video and instead shows the error in the picture here: https://imgur.com/a/hpFXOEc, then immediately reverts to the DMD default shown here:  https://imgur.com/oyMyxq5

When I play Medieval Madness it does this every time I get Merlin's Magic.

I have no idea why it is doing this. I haven't played my machine since about early December, but before I have never had this issue. If I turn off the color mods and revert to the standard single color dmd then it works fine.

I think it has something to do with a Windows 10 update because when I did a system restore it worked fine again, but as soon as windows updated it stopped working.

I have no idea how to fix this issue. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

You are asking your question in the PIN2DMD section and I´m sure not many here have a PINDMDv3 from virtuapin. Maybe better ask in vpforums.org for help, which is were the supplier of your hardware is the admin

• 1 month later...

Grate work, was playing the real table at a local pinball club. And after first playing it in FX3 and later vpx. I was pleasantly surprised then i saw that there was a possibility to get the dmd colorized. Later finding this grate piece of work, I'm a happy player.

But.

The bowling ball don't show upp when the items rotate, it looks like the skull shows upp 2 times. Using latest version of freezy.

• Content Provider
15 hours ago, Karmeck said:

The bowling ball don't show upp when the items rotate, it looks like the skull shows upp 2 times. Using latest version of freezy.

Thanks for the feedback, it´s the first time I hear from that. Will check and provide a fix with the next update.

3 hours ago, NetzZwerg said:

Thanks for the feedback, it´s the first time I hear from that. Will check and provide a fix with the next update.

If the timestamp dose not work, its at 8:55. Just to make sure i tested the dmd with an other version of the board, same issue. And I mange to select the bowling ball, because when you select what looks like a skull it shoots the bowling ball. This was not recorded tho.

So the issue only seems to present it self at the rotation, the firning animation is fine.

Archived