9 minutes ago, truegamer25 said:

Hey - all I can say is to try re-downloading the latest version: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases and right-click-->properties on the .zip, see if it's being blocked & unblock before extracting all files (minus the .ini file which doesn't usually need updating anyway, just configuring) - that's all I did when i had the problem & now it's full color - granted, haven't tried on my pindmdv3 but i'm sure it's working now :D

Thanks truegamer25.  I just confirmed it's not blocked, and confirmed that each of the files is updated in every place they could be located in my visual pinball folder (there are some dupes in the root folder of 'visual pinball' and also in the 'vpinmame' folder.  Still can't figure this out!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider
Thanks truegamer25.  I just confirmed it's not blocked, and confirmed that each of the files is updated in every place they could be located in my visual pinball folder (there are some dupes in the root folder of 'visual pinball' and also in the 'vpinmame' folder.  Still can't figure this out!
I am not sure about the details, but I think the last freezy's dmddevice.ini needed a small change compared to the earlier updates...I am busy right now but could take a look at it later. And I know the last tip sounds funny, but make sure that you restart vpinmame after the update.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

• Content Provider
46 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I thought I might have found the problem, that I had not reinstalled vpinmame, but I tried that, and it didn't fix it either.   I attached an image of my settings, and what the DMD looks like.

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 10.49 AM.PNG

The dmd is showing just the standard palette, so I still think something is not right with your dmddevice installation. Also double check your table scriptand make sure that it uses the right rom name.

Anyways I wand to mention, that the attrakt mode has still issues, because I concentrated on the bigger animations to raise the gameplay level. But if you run into this problem while the ingame animations too, something in your setup might cause the problem.

One more thing... I tried other games and some also look wrong.  Star Trek looks fine, but ACDC looks like the attached images.  I'll try this on my cab later today, hopefully.  
5b8abb14d47a6_ScreenShot09-01-18at11.14AM001.PNG.014dff8a9c2a41db9314d1995f0b3b17.PNG
5b8abb15cfffc_ScreenShot09-01-18at11_14AM.PNG.5858c09828a4feacd27c3bc0e0f96b5f.PNG
5b8abb167f5d4_ScreenShot09-01-18at11.13AM001.PNG.b2fb5336cb879cf5deaada70d16d83e9.PNG
5b8abb174091e_ScreenShot09-01-18at11_13AM.PNG.7ed3d619d5a407195895ba3329edbe33.PNG

Did you rename the pal and vni files to pin2dmd.pal/.vni?
Is the used rom matching with the rom version it is supposed to run on?
Did you check if pal and vni files are unlocked too?

Greets,
Dom

57 minutes ago, NetzZWerg said:

The dmd is showing just the standard palette, so I still think something is not right with your dmddevice installation. Also double check your table scriptand make sure that it uses the right rom name.

Anyways I wand to mention, that the attrakt mode has still issues, because I concentrated on the bigger animations to raise the gameplay level. But if you run into this problem while the ingame animations too, something in your setup might cause the problem.

Thanks for all the help, NetzZwerg.    I found my error, and the colorized DMD is running properly now.  My problem was that I didn't copy the pin2dmd.vni file to the altcolor directory properly.  I've only seen .pal files before, so I goofed that up.   So, for anyone else, make sure you put the .vni file alongside the .pal file.   And, this awesome!!!  Now, back to playing some games.  Thanks again NetzZwerg.

Just now, Rappelbox said:

Did you rename the pal and vni files to pin2dmd.pal/.vni?
Is the used rom matching with the rom version it is supposed to run on?
Did you check if pal and vni files are unlocked too?

Greets,
Dom

You pretty much nailed it, Dom.  I just posted my actual problem, which was pretty close to your guess!  Thanks for the help.

Thanks for all the help, NetzZwerg.    I found my error, and the colorized DMD is running properly now.  My problem was that I didn't copy the pin2dmd.vni file to the altcolor directory properly.  I've only seen .pal files before, so I goofed that up.   So, for anyone else, make sure you put the .vni file alongside the .pal file.   And, this awesome!!!  Now, back to playing some games.  Thanks again NetzZwerg.

You also need to uncheck “show dmd” as it is only showing the internal vpinmame dmd which we won’t use anyways. Relevant is only “use external dll”

• Content Provider
hello, do not work at home, everything is correct both files, and the pin2dmd displays the colors blue and red, I have the folder "altcolor" in vpinmame?
I do not understand
Do you have freezy's latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame? You need to extract the files into your vpinmame/altcolor/mm_109c folder and activate the color in the vpinmame settings.

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, aupton said:

This looks great! Is it possible to use this on a real Medieval Madness remake machine with color DMD?

Depends on wether pin2dmd hardware runs in your MMR. pin2dmd has not been tested on remake machines and I have no info about the output timing they use for the DMD. You can give it a try and report. 

9 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Depends on wether pin2dmd hardware runs in your MMR. pin2dmd has not been tested on remake machines and I have no info about the output timing they use for the DMD. You can give it a try and report. 

Thank you for your reply. Definitely no pin2dmd hardware in MMR, was hoping that this could avoid the $400 extortion fee to enable the color DMD license functionality. The MMR DMD hardware supports color, but not until you hand over another $400 on top of what was already paid for MMR for an Micro SD card loaded with the files... 

Depending on what output is coming from the display driver board of the game. 

Ive seen that the mmr have lcds built in and now it would be interesting to know if data is coming directly from the display driver board, an external controller or whatever might be used. 

For a first opinion pictures of the inside of the backbox would help a lot I think. ;)

Dom

On 01/09/2018 at 9:33 PM, NetzZWerg said:

Do you have freezy's latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame? You need to extract the files into your vpinmame/altcolor/mm_109c folder and activate the color in the vpinmame settings.

what do you mean by "latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame"?

• Content Provider
On 2.9.2018 at 10:18 PM, franckoss said:

what do you mean by "latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame"?

Please check some tutorials for the basic setup, because it would be too much to explain it in this thread. You need the external dmd device software by Freezy and the latest version of pinmame to be installed correctly on your system to make pin2dmd work. Check out this site, download the software and follow the instructions: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases 

Archived