Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Thanks for this beautiful contribution and hard work NetzZWerg!  I'm having the same problem as truegamer25 (only a few colors).  I've confirmed the latest freezy version (1.7.1) and the settings [cabinet mode, use external dmd, and colorized dmd (4 colors)] are selected.  I have other colorized roms working, but AFM and MM both seem to have this problem of not enough colors.  Any ideas?  

Hey - all I can say is to try re-downloading the latest version: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases and right-click-->properties on the .zip, see if it's being blocked & unblock before extracting all files (minus the .ini file which doesn't usually need updating anyway, just configuring) - that's all I did when i had the problem & now it's full color - granted, haven't tried on my pindmdv3 but i'm sure it's working now :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, truegamer25 said:

Hey - all I can say is to try re-downloading the latest version: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases and right-click-->properties on the .zip, see if it's being blocked & unblock before extracting all files (minus the .ini file which doesn't usually need updating anyway, just configuring) - that's all I did when i had the problem & now it's full color - granted, haven't tried on my pindmdv3 but i'm sure it's working now :D

Thanks truegamer25.  I just confirmed it's not blocked, and confirmed that each of the files is updated in every place they could be located in my visual pinball folder (there are some dupes in the root folder of 'visual pinball' and also in the 'vpinmame' folder.  Still can't figure this out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks truegamer25.  I just confirmed it's not blocked, and confirmed that each of the files is updated in every place they could be located in my visual pinball folder (there are some dupes in the root folder of 'visual pinball' and also in the 'vpinmame' folder.  Still can't figure this out!
I am not sure about the details, but I think the last freezy's dmddevice.ini needed a small change compared to the earlier updates...I am busy right now but could take a look at it later. And I know the last tip sounds funny, but make sure that you restart vpinmame after the update.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I might have found the problem, that I had not reinstalled vpinmame, but I tried that, and it didn't fix it either.   I attached an image of my settings, and what the DMD looks like.

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 10.49 AM.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing... I tried other games and some also look wrong.  Star Trek looks fine, but ACDC looks like the attached images.  I'll try this on my cab later today, hopefully.  

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 11.14 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 11.14 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 11.13 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 11.13 AM.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I thought I might have found the problem, that I had not reinstalled vpinmame, but I tried that, and it didn't fix it either.   I attached an image of my settings, and what the DMD looks like.

Screen Shot 09-01-18 at 10.49 AM.PNG

The dmd is showing just the standard palette, so I still think something is not right with your dmddevice installation. Also double check your table scriptand make sure that it uses the right rom name.

Anyways I wand to mention, that the attrakt mode has still issues, because I concentrated on the bigger animations to raise the gameplay level. But if you run into this problem while the ingame animations too, something in your setup might cause the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One more thing... I tried other games and some also look wrong.  Star Trek looks fine, but ACDC looks like the attached images.  I'll try this on my cab later today, hopefully.  
5b8abb14d47a6_ScreenShot09-01-18at11.14AM001.PNG.014dff8a9c2a41db9314d1995f0b3b17.PNG
5b8abb15cfffc_ScreenShot09-01-18at11_14AM.PNG.5858c09828a4feacd27c3bc0e0f96b5f.PNG
5b8abb167f5d4_ScreenShot09-01-18at11.13AM001.PNG.b2fb5336cb879cf5deaada70d16d83e9.PNG
5b8abb174091e_ScreenShot09-01-18at11_13AM.PNG.7ed3d619d5a407195895ba3329edbe33.PNG


Did you rename the pal and vni files to pin2dmd.pal/.vni?
Is the used rom matching with the rom version it is supposed to run on?
Did you check if pal and vni files are unlocked too?

Greets,
Dom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NetzZWerg said:

The dmd is showing just the standard palette, so I still think something is not right with your dmddevice installation. Also double check your table scriptand make sure that it uses the right rom name.

Anyways I wand to mention, that the attrakt mode has still issues, because I concentrated on the bigger animations to raise the gameplay level. But if you run into this problem while the ingame animations too, something in your setup might cause the problem.

Thanks for all the help, NetzZwerg.    I found my error, and the colorized DMD is running properly now.  My problem was that I didn't copy the pin2dmd.vni file to the altcolor directory properly.  I've only seen .pal files before, so I goofed that up.   So, for anyone else, make sure you put the .vni file alongside the .pal file.   And, this awesome!!!  Now, back to playing some games.  Thanks again NetzZwerg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rappelbox said:

 


Did you rename the pal and vni files to pin2dmd.pal/.vni?
Is the used rom matching with the rom version it is supposed to run on?
Did you check if pal and vni files are unlocked too?

Greets,
Dom

 

You pretty much nailed it, Dom.  I just posted my actual problem, which was pretty close to your guess!  Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for all the help, NetzZwerg.    I found my error, and the colorized DMD is running properly now.  My problem was that I didn't copy the pin2dmd.vni file to the altcolor directory properly.  I've only seen .pal files before, so I goofed that up.   So, for anyone else, make sure you put the .vni file alongside the .pal file.   And, this awesome!!!  Now, back to playing some games.  Thanks again NetzZwerg.


You also need to uncheck “show dmd” as it is only showing the internal vpinmame dmd which we won’t use anyways. Relevant is only “use external dll”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hello, do not work at home, everything is correct both files, and the pin2dmd displays the colors blue and red, I have the folder "altcolor" in vpinmame?
I do not understand
Do you have freezy's latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame? You need to extract the files into your vpinmame/altcolor/mm_109c folder and activate the color in the vpinmame settings.


Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aupton said:

This looks great! Is it possible to use this on a real Medieval Madness remake machine with color DMD?

Depends on wether pin2dmd hardware runs in your MMR. pin2dmd has not been tested on remake machines and I have no info about the output timing they use for the DMD. You can give it a try and report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Don't think Pin2DMD will work in a MMR, but I could be wrong.  Would love to know the answer.  

I can't wait to try this out in a few minutes, looking incredible. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Depends on wether pin2dmd hardware runs in your MMR. pin2dmd has not been tested on remake machines and I have no info about the output timing they use for the DMD. You can give it a try and report. 

Thank you for your reply. Definitely no pin2dmd hardware in MMR, was hoping that this could avoid the $400 extortion fee to enable the color DMD license functionality. The MMR DMD hardware supports color, but not until you hand over another $400 on top of what was already paid for MMR for an Micro SD card loaded with the files... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on what output is coming from the display driver board of the game. 

Ive seen that the mmr have lcds built in and now it would be interesting to know if data is coming directly from the display driver board, an external controller or whatever might be used. 

For a first opinion pictures of the inside of the backbox would help a lot I think. ;)

 

Dom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2018 at 9:33 PM, NetzZWerg said:

Do you have freezy's latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame? You need to extract the files into your vpinmame/altcolor/mm_109c folder and activate the color in the vpinmame settings.


Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk
 

what do you mean by "latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.9.2018 at 10:18 PM, franckoss said:

what do you mean by "latest dmd device running correctly with pinmame"?

Please check some tutorials for the basic setup, because it would be too much to explain it in this thread. You need the external dmd device software by Freezy and the latest version of pinmame to be installed correctly on your system to make pin2dmd work. Check out this site, download the software and follow the instructions: https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×