• Content Provider

After I could not find any colorization files for MM, I started my own project two  weeks ago. This is my first try of using the awesome Pin2Dmd Editor by Steve.

Version Beta 1.1

Thank you all for the great reactions to my works and many thanks for those who sent some drinks, cheers!

Now the time is right to provide an update, that reduces some major issues and adds a bit more niceness to the game  ( I hope so :-) )...

Changelog:

• Flickering frames  while choosing items for catapult reduced to a minimum
  • Added more detailed troll animations (not finished yet... I colorized over 170 frames, frame by frame and hash by hash, but there are still some frames missing. The color mask solution before also had a lot of glitches, so I decided to give you that new version :-))
  • Fix for right outlane Joust Charge counts (only showed Joust Charge 1 before),  colorization is done until Joust Charge 8
  • Fix for some minor timing and transition issues
  • Color and keyframe adjustments for some scenes
  • Colorized some missing Jackpot and score scenes

Instructions:

Download the attached rar file and extract the content into your vpinmame\altcolor\mm_109c folder.

For any requests for real pins please pm me.

Medieval Madness Beta 1.1.rar

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE OR UPLOAD SOMEWHERE ELSE! IF YOU GET ANY REQUEST, PLEASE LEAD THE PEOPLE TO THIS THREAD...THANK YOU!

And once again,  just to mention it:

I am not doing this to make money, but if you like to send me a drink or something, feel warmly invited to use the Tip button below. :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider
33 minutes ago, cb3 said:

Looking good, keep it up!  If you'd like any assistance key-framing i'm willing to assist.

Nice that you like it and thanks for the offer.  There are indeed some dynamic scenes that are still a problem for me to solve. I will have an assistance today that maybe will solve it, but if it does not I will let you know.

Thank you

• Content Provider

Hey guys,

I tried to get all scenes in debug mode but when I triggered Merlins Magic,   the video mode never appeared to make a dump of it.

I am not sure for 100% but I think that should be the last missing dump. So if anyone could help me out with this would be great...

Update: Done, because I should have all needed dumps now.

Thank you

Wow. You've come a long way and I must say. I love what I see ! It is a good sign when someone comes this far into a project. The only guy I kind of trust to finish a project once started is Malenko. But, there has been a few more guys lately that has completed their project with a very high score in my book. So, maybe I need to re-consider initial thoughts.

Thank you so much for doing this @NetzZWerg

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Thalamus said:

Wow. You've come a long way and I must say. I love what I see ! It is a good sign when someone comes this far into a project. The only guy I kind of trust to finish a project once started is Malenko. But, there has been a few more guys lately that has completed their project with a very high score in my book. So, maybe I need to re-consider initial thoughts.

@DJRobXfinished World Cup Soccer for me :P   and @cb3 has been doing some incredible work lately. This project is great and I cant wait for it to get finished!

4 hours ago, Thalamus said:

These colorizations are definitely a tedious process, it's not at all surprising to me that many of them are incomplete.    Just coloring the dots requires a ton of hard work and stamina.   Then you get to keyframing, which can be quite a problem solving adventure; I can't wait to see cb3's tutorial chapters on this. :)   

I think we're starting to pick up steam as more people understand the tools and we're all able to help each other out.    Exciting to see projects like this come to life for sure. 

• Content Provider
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, DJRobX said:

These colorizations are definitely a tedious process, it's not at all surprising to me that many of them are incomplete.    Just coloring the dots requires a ton of hard work and stamina.   Then you get to keyframing, which can be quite a problem solving adventure; I can't wait to see cb3's tutorial chapters on this. :)   

I think we're starting to pick up steam as more people understand the tools and we're all able to help each other out.    Exciting to see projects like this come to life for sure. 

Yeah, I've always tried to be as helpful as possible. I think people being nice enough to release their source files is also a big help too. When I started out I was just winging it and bugging the fuck out of @lucky1 . He was a huge help and I tried to follow his lead. The ability to open someone's project in the editor and actually *SEE* how its done helps. Your tutorial is also a game changer.  I only looked at it briefly here at work, but I'm going to go through it and see if I can add anything of value and if you want any help with any parts of it I'm here for ya.

I think if you add up all the dots in SFII, T2, Baywatch, TMNT, Checkpoint, Godzilla, World Cup Soccer, and Lethal Weapon 3 its still less work than Royal Rumble. Im currently working on MSF but Its not ready for a thread yet.

• Content Provider

Hey, love what you are doing, read on the FB group you needed Battle for the Realm and King of the Realm, so had a crack and here you go.. I lost the Battle first time at it, a couple of games later got KOTR and played on so its not right at the end. (almost a second loop). I think the only animation not in here will be a win on Video Mode, I lost both times it came up, but I did score a stab at an EB on one go. Won and Lost most other modes (Madness, Kingdom, etc). Also a few Warning and Tilts if you need them :) :) Not a GC score on my cab, but not too far off, a 2nd KOTR would have done it. Hope it helps you finish up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ONELzruSShb54L9q9COQyqjB4JxGgKTx/view?usp=sharing

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, Wob said:

Hey, love what you are doing, read on the FB group you needed Battle for the Realm and King of the Realm, so had a crack and here you go.. I lost the Battle first time at, a couple of games later got KOTR and played on so its not right at the end. (almost a second loop). I think the only animation not in here will be a win on Video Mode, I lost both times it came up, but I did score a stab at an EB on one go. Won and Lost most other modes (Madness, Kingdom, etc). Also a few Warning and Tilts if you need them :) :) Not a GC score on my cab, but not too far off, a 2nd KOTR would have done it. Hope it helps you finish up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ONELzruSShb54L9q9COQyqjB4JxGgKTx/view?usp=sharing

Hey, 

these are indeed scenes I was not aware about or did not have them in mind.

When I be able to keep up my actual speed of the progress, it should be possible to create a good playable beta version soon for those who don´t want to wait until the final release.

Thank you very much!!!

• Content Provider

Just a thought. You may also want to look at the end where it tells you when you last won the KOTR, just text but you may want to make to match other screens?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived