TV loses input signal

cb3

Hello,

I've had my cabinet built for a couple months now and one thing that has really got me frustrated is the playfield TV loses input signal quite regularly making it practically impossible to play.  If I switch the HDMI ports it will solve the problem for a short time but it will resurface.  I'm pretty positive I have the resolutions set right and I'm running at 60mhz.  I have an insignia 1080p TV and it is brand new.  The TV will just automatically start scrolling through the inputs looking for a signal before turning off or restarting, this problem occurs while using pinball x or just the PC itself.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or where I should start looking?  Thanks

On 8/19/2018 at 9:16 AM, randr said:

I’d start by looking in the menu of tv for anything auto detect and turn it off. But really sounds like a pc issue. Maybe reseat video card? Does it happen with regular pc monitor too?

Thanks randr!  I couldn't figure out how to reset the video card but I did delete the driver and had windows reinstall and it is working more stable right now (no loss of signal all day), fingers crossed it stays that way!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this back up, but are you using an NVIDIA card perhaps? I recently came across this setting in NVIDIA control panel which, changing away from "Auto select", has solved a similar sounding issue I was suffering with an ASUS monitor. You have to set this per display.

image.thumb.png.eeafc4faecfd35cfbcc0036f1fb5260b.png

Archived