Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vbobrusev

Data East Hook Colorization

I wanna colorize this game for my real pinball machine. Who can make me full dump of all scenes in this game on vpin? I will do vpin version also and post it here.

If you have a pin2dmd device connected to a real pinball machine can't you acquire the dump files that way by connecting to a PC too?  I am more asking this question for clarification, at least that was my understanding?

hook.gif.1ca07810bb85d531ea97293798842e1e.gif

Start working on hook colorization, but i can't make dump files. It can only made on vpin software. Looking somebody who can do for me dumps.

18 minutes ago, adamstillman said:

looks nice. i wish i could help but i dont have access to a real machine. is there any other way to obtain dump files?

Then you can help because he needs the dumps from a vpin.
Create a dmddump folder in your pinmame directory and check both "Show DMD" and "Use external DMD" in the game settings (F1)
Then run a game on the hook table. You should get a hook_408.txt in the dmddump folder. That is what he is looking for.

hook.gif.1ca07810bb85d531ea97293798842e1e.gif
Start working on hook colorization, but i can't make dump files. It can only made on vpin software. Looking somebody who can do for me dumps.
Looks nice, I can try for a dump, which version of the rom are you wanting? Any tips on gameplay that causes animations? I'm not familiar with this game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i use 5.0 version but lower, will fine i think
I'll read up on the table rules and have a go tonight.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Really struggling to work out what to do in this table, couldn't find a rule set.

Anyway I got all the right hole animations up to Bangarang, also Ramps, Home Run, Eggs, Danger, Tilt (did that one on purpose), clock thing and a few others. If you know of something missing, just let me know what needs to be done to trigger.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FQVdUw9wuchRX4e_RyeH54QyL98_2IsO?usp=sharing

If you need any testing on a vpin let me know ;)

Wob

Off topic, but any chance of revisiting the couple of missing scenes in AFM (I put a video on the other thread to show them)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/6/2018 at 2:30 PM, Wob said:

Really struggling to work out what to do in this table, couldn't find a rule set.

Anyway I got all the right hole animations up to Bangarang, also Ramps, Home Run, Eggs, Danger, Tilt (did that one on purpose), clock thing and a few others. If you know of something missing, just let me know what needs to be done to trigger.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FQVdUw9wuchRX4e_RyeH54QyL98_2IsO?usp=sharing

If you need any testing on a vpin let me know ;)

Wob

Off topic, but any chance of revisiting the couple of missing scenes in AFM (I put a video on the other thread to show them)

Could you record for me all scenes before game started? i have it from version 4, but i think it's little bit different than version 5

15 hours ago, vbobrusev said:

Could you record for me all scenes before game started? i have it from version 4, but i think it's little bit different than version 5

I assume you mean attract mode as there is not much before a ball plunge, left it in attract for ages so it should all be there, it does also have the animation before you plunge in the middle somewhere.

hook_500_attract.zip in the folder I linked previously.

Did a test on your attract stuff and it is looking good.

here is video of colorization. Need fix few things but works fine. Follow our YouTube Chanel, we stream every Sunday from real pinballs in our collection ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank You vbobrusev, it looks great!   This game is on my wish list.   I'm so glad it's been colorized!   Also, Congratulations!  You are the first and only person on the planet who has a Hook with colorized DMD game play!!

• Like 1

if you share your source files, I can convert this to x32 pixel height.