SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

official rev r4689

update BASS library to 2.4.14

Wheel of Fortune (V6.02 Home Rom)

From the source:

/*
As someone stated, the main gameplay change that is noticeable is that there are “mode goals.”
The goal is simply to score x points before time runs out. If you get the goal, you won, great.
The next mode, the goal would be higher. If you didn’t win, oh well, the next mode, the goal would be lower.
Also, you could replay the mode you failed, at 2x points.
If you failed the same mode twice, you could play it a 3rd time for 3x points.
If you failed 3 times, the game gave up. Oh, also for each mode you won, you got a “winnings x” for that ball’s bonus.
IIRC there’s no logic for completing the wheel yet, but the reward was going to be something like 10M for each mode won on try #1,
5M for each on try #2, 2.5M for each on try #3, and 1M for failed modes.
If by some unfathomable stroke of luck you completed every mode on the first try, you’d get a bonus to round up the total to 100M.
*/
/*
The mode stuff is basically there’s a common goal of points (starts at 5M).
If you finish a mode, the goal goes up, if you lose a mode, the goal goes down.
If you don’t finish a mode, it stays in the rotation, and if you play it again it scores 2x, and if you fail and play again it’s 3x.
If you don’t hit the goal after 3x, it stops trying. Winning a mode also gives you a winnings x for that ball.
This was all meant to lead up to a payout for hitting the goal in every mode:
10M/5M/2.5M/1M for finishing in 1 try / 2 tries / 3 tries / DNF.
If you finished every goal on the first try (somehow), the bonus would get augmented to 100M.
*/
/*
Lamp test was extended so the wheel LEDs are now tested in lamps test,
in six additional columns!

Included in the lamp test are also two formerly undocumented LEDs:
GI upper left and right.
*/

SAMBuild_r4689.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

After numerous hours of reading up on fast flips, I found my self posting on here. Maybe someone could be of assistance.

When running fast flip supported tables solely in VPX, when pressing f11, I will get the right numbers. .4-.6 ms. But, when loading the table through my front end, pinball x, after pressing f11, I am getting 13-26ms. I know djrob says that f11 can be affected by other things...but I wouldn't think it would change from running the table through vpx alone, then have it load through pinball x....I mean, aren't you loading though vpx anyhow?

The table I am working on is Lethal Weapon 3.

I just find this weird...I tried no using a backglass server....I deleted any script file stragglers.
Any help would be appreciated!

-Tom

I don't want to clutter this thread up too much... but I tested various tables in and out of PinballX and fast flips works correctly using PinballX and without for me.  2 ideas I have is first make sure your PinballX is up to date, also try using using the 64 bit version to help speed it up.  Also since PinballX runs in the background maybe your computer is being pushed to it's limits?  Like I said these are just guesses on my part

Thanks for the tips, I’ll give the 64 bit version a try!

my pc specs: i5 3 ghz, 8 gigram, windows 7 pro, EVGA 1050 ftw 2gig.

UPDATE: Solved issue. I was unaware that when adding games in the game manager, it copied the table file in to the actual table folder. I was modifying the ones that were all nice and organized in my folders inside the table folder, not the actual ones the pinballx was using. Woops! Fast Flips works now!

ever since updating to beta..none of my roms can be found.

it did say 3.2 was there then i copied these files into the vpinmame folder and ran set up 64 it said 3.2 was there (i didn't use the above one)...then i hit install and then it installed 3.1  ..not a clue...i tried to start over and installed 3.1 minimal ..and still the same issue

My recommendation is to stick with this vpm beta. For VPX, well  - it all up to you. Know that there more often is issues with those and you should know how to go back a few version and test if you find something odd. Right now I would say. The last 3 versions isn't 100% stable. There might be tables that needs 1.6beta to work as the authors intended. Those guys will almost always be running the latest. It is not a good idea to run beta and come asking questions without rolling back a few versions. It is expected that those that run beta have a understanding of what they are doing.

at91jit makes sure everything is in sync - you turn it off and everything is allowed to gets out of sync. You can often get away with it if the computer is fast enough. Sounds like yours isn't.

Try to adjust something so it works faster is my advice. You can get lucky and make it run if you open the editor and then load the table via file->open. Another trick that seems to work sometime is to load ACDC first. Except for that. It seems to be unresolvable. Some say Win10 is the solution.

• Content Provider

i have an issue with theatre of magic rom, the one used in the ninuzzu table, tom_14hb

the game goes nuts when i approach the multiball mode, it doesn't keep the first ball before the start of the multiball and the third never comes, i guess it has something to do with vpinmame,i had no problems like in the past, but can't really tell since which version.

I tried with another pc and same problem

here's an example from my cab

On 2/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, CarnyPriest said:

official rev 4700

SAMBuild_r4700.zip

So I just downloaded this and noticed the .exe is named PinMAME.exe. Where as on my current system the file is called PinMAME32.exe. If I just copy this new exe and dll over I assume it will be used? Should I delete the PinMAME32.exe at that point?

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Does it do the same thing with official build? If so, I'd post a report in the VPF support thread.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063

yep, same, i was the first asking that question when i was building the vpm versions :)

i have sent the message at vpf

btw, if a sam rom non colored is fastflips  compatible, does that mean that the colored rom has it also?

i have an example where it works, mt_145hc, but another not, smanve_101c