SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

I am having a major issue with Vpinmame. I am using 10.5 Final / latest 10.6 beta and the latest 3.2 beta/Sambuild r4658 although this has been an issue since Vpinmame3.1. I am also using freeze 1.7.1. Table starts fine with good frame rate an no issues. Come back an hour later and it's stutter city!!!!! There is a serious memory or timing issue that gets worse the longer a table is loaded!!

Everything is installed correctly. PC Spec is not an issue and getting 200+fps when I start the table. I can start a table and it plays absolutely perfect. Come back an hour later as it's awful. Not an overheating issue. If I close VPX and restart it plays perfect again. This is serious memory leak or timing issue that has been introduced since Vpinmame 3.1. I think it is only happening with VNI colour roms.

If I go back to an earlier Vpinmame the problem goes away, so definitely a code issue.

Any help would be appreciated

The issue was the log file. This solved my issue, Thanks to Terry for the solution.

If you have a “DmdDevice.log.config” file, you need to edit that file and make sure that if the <rules> section looks like this:

<rules>
< logger name=”” minlevel=”Trace” writeTo=”console” />
< logger name=”” minlevel=”Trace” writeTo=”file” />
< /rules>

…it needs to be changed to:

<rules>
< logger name=”” minlevel=”info” writeTo=”console” />
< logger name=”” minlevel=”info” writeTo=”file” />
< /rules>

Same with the “dmdextlog.config”. The <rules> section should look like:

<rules>
< logger name=”*” minlevel=””info” writeTo=”console” />
< /rules>

This is to disable logging for when colouring is being used. Apparently it can cause performance issues for some people. It’s only needed for those who are colour modding DMDs and are troubleshooting.

Does this need to be reported to Freezy?

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, Andypc said:

The issue was the log file. This solved my issue, Thanks to Terry for the solution.

If you have a “DmdDevice.log.config” file, you need to edit that file and make sure that if the <rules> section looks like this:

<rules>
< logger name=”” minlevel=”Trace” writeTo=”console” />
< logger name=”” minlevel=”Trace” writeTo=”file” />
< /rules>

…it needs to be changed to:

<rules>
< logger name=”” minlevel=”info” writeTo=”console” />
< logger name=”” minlevel=”info” writeTo=”file” />
< /rules>

Same with the “dmdextlog.config”. The <rules> section should look like:

<rules>
< logger name=”*” minlevel=””info” writeTo=”console” />
< /rules>

This is to disable logging for when colouring is being used. Apparently it can cause performance issues for some people. It’s only needed for those who are colour modding DMDs and are troubleshooting.

Does this need to be reported to Freezy?

I informed about this way back...but I think he should know that its still causing issues, and the default log.config files that come with dmdext should be set to "info" to avoid this....since 98% of people don't need it set to anything else.

• Content Provider

any news about mtl180 and st_162 fastflips?

today i tried to implement fastflips on acdc, with acdc170h, flippers are not working, and after about 20 seconds of play, i get the popup insuffifient memory for fastflips, tried on 2 different pcs, any idea?

• Content Provider

There is a test routine that @DJRobX uses to discover the hex address for the flipper solenoids on SAM system. I'm not aware of how that works. I don't think that Rob has much time or incentive to find the right addresses for the updated game code for mtl or st because the full color DMD patches have not been updated for the latest code yet.

I don't know on acd. I haven't tested it myself. I'm not aware of any other reports.

If SAM fast flip support is missing for a specific rom, it does not break the table.   VPM won't send the "fast" signal, and you get "regular" flippers all the time.   So if you're getting an error popup you have some other issue.   If you can take a screenshot of the exact error it may be helpful.

ACDC 170 and 170h both have fast flip support. 

• 2 weeks later...