SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

Sounds to me that it is a question for the tables support thread. It is the table author that needs to code the event to happen in the table. If he hasn't done it correctly then these things can happen. If however the rom doesn't send anything, we might have a bad rom dump, but, I find that very unlikely in this case.

• Content Provider

That complaint sounds familiar. But I haven't played it enough to confirm. Try 3.03. It's latest available from Stern:

https://sternpinball.com/game/monopoly/

I know that there is V3.20 code supported by PinMAME but some quick googling brings up Pinside posts that say Stern had recalled this version because of glitchy code. Looks like the EPROM resellers just have v3.03.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All,

I have been using VPinMAME33_beta.zip for a while and all worked really well but today I have just received the following virus alert:

Windows Security:

Threat Detected: Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl
Alert Level: Severe

Category: Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items:

file: C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\VPinMAME.dll

It has automatically put the file in quarantine so the game won't work.  Why is it alerting?  Can I get the file out of quarantine and carry on?  Do I need to be worried?

-------

I think I should take a moment whilst here to thanks all those in the community who work so hard to make VPX so amazing!  Thank you!  I feel bad coming on here for the first time with a problem.  I should have said 'thank you' way before now!

• Content Provider

I've run the latest beta through VirusTotal online scan which uses 70+ different av engines. Microsoft av identifies as Trojan but different ID than above. All the other engines don't detect anything. I still run Win 7 on my development laptop and Microsoft no longer pushes security updates for it. I'm being transparent. There are no guarantees. Caveat emptor! With that, if you are worried then don't use it.   

CarnyPriest - Thank you so much for your quick response.  I uploaded my version of the file to VirusTotal and it came back as it did for you. Just the MS scan reported it as a virus with all the others being OK.  Following this I'll trust the file and continue to use it.  Strange how MS reports as trojan though!  How many checkers would you wait for to report it before you stopped using it?  Now that's an interesting question with I'm guessing no correct answer.  Your advice was great and I'll be able to upload any suspicious file I get to VirusTotal in the future!

Anyway I'm happy I can continue playing with VPX and dreaming that one day I'll actually build the cabinet I have designed in my head!  It's going to be amazing!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...