SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 3:47 AM, cmd said:

Since rev r4777 Jokerz bg music seems to be playing twice as fast. No big deal, just FYI.

TAF sound is much better! Haven't tried any other fix-related tables yet. I don't VP as much in the summer.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Simpsons (DE) and Back to the future experience the same issue as well

Sorry if this isn't the optimal place to put this feedback.

I run Windows 7, 2-screen setup with a PINDMD v3 (similar to Thalamus I think).

I am having some trouble SAMBuild_r4816 on AC/DC and Tron Legacy (maybe other SAM tables too) but these are the two I'm grappling with ATM in conjunction with DMDext. When I follow the instructions from that says, "In case you have an external DMD connected that you want to use with VPM, please move the dlls from the respective subdirectory (Pin2DMD or PinDMD1 or PinDMD2 or PinDMD3) directly into your VPM directory!" everything works as expected, except for 10.6 closing itself when I quit to editor, but that seems like a known issue.

However, for tables like Tron Legacy with Pup packs, the instruction says, "This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ "dmddevice.dll" file".

Trying to use the larger dmdext 1.71 dmddevice.dll file (~4.5MB) or the one from this fork compared to the smaller dmddevice.dll (~60kb) that I moved from my PINDMD3 folder results in the table and the pinup player backglass loading for a few seconds (the dmd never comes on) and then vpx closes. I've checked unblocked dlls, trying fresh installs of vpinmame, etc.

When I went into task manager, I noticed werfault.exe was running, so I captured and attached some windows error logging from there (in case that's at all useful).

Thanks for reading. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can resolve this. Context: I'm trying to use 3.2 so I have support for games like Tom & Jerry, but also trying to get the newer stern SAM tables working while also being able to run them with pup packs.

werfault logs.txt

I don't want this thread full of pindmd3 support info. So, download this - look at the info inside https://www.dropbox.com/s/q46nj5ymrxarc2g/Thal_pindmd3_July_2018.zip?dl=0

This archive is a bit old, but should resolve the problem you're having. ( be smart - make backup of pinmame and ultradmd first ) After that, replace the "forked" dmddevice.dll for the on in my pinmame. For dmddext.exe - use 1.7.2 from freezy ( if you play FX3 )

Don't get hung up in the file sizes. It has it related to compression.

Where would be a more appropriate place to continue a conversation? I'll try this again soon with fresh eyes, but my initial pass at integrating your files this had the same results I previously described. Also, rolling back to Vpinmame 3.1 drops support for the tomjerry rom that my family really likes.

What I'll be content with for now is to use the attached version of the dmddevice.dl that came from the pindmd3 folder from the 3.2 vpm install. That gets me working AC/DC and Tron but it just means I don't get the full Tron pup pack experience since that seems to rely on freezy version of dmddevice.dll. Thanks again for trying to help. BTW, some of your past posts really helped me get ultradmd working recently which unblocked a lot of new great tables for me.

ps. yes I do play fx3 and a silver lining going through this updating process is that I just realized it helped to fix this issue for me so thanks for indirectly helping with that too!

DmdDevice.dll

A more appropriate place would be to ask for help in a new topic somewhere else. This is a dmd related problem. Not directly VPM. And for that reason I'm just going to respond once.

Did you make sure that the dll files I mentioned is the only ones in those folders ? No old stray *.dll' laying around. A problem pr. example is if you have pindmd.dll in there. The official pindmd3 is still without color support. That is now the main difference between this beta and the official one. But, for pindmd3 it is, like you said. Recommended to use freezy and then 1.7.1 - not 1.7.2. 1.7.2 is ONLY for dmdext. Or you could try the newer one. But, my experience is that it just isn't working very well on my cab. Therefore I've picked mjr' version as he sent off a fix for 1.7.2, but, since it doesn't work. It is backported to his version of 1.7.1. Yes, this is a mess, but, it's what we've got.

thanks for the continued support as always, however, as others have noted,  ever since i updated vpinmame, ( the one that made addams family voices and sounds, sound much better ) 

other tables music are playing very fast, the tables are tmnt, back to the future, and I am sure some other older tables like that.any ideas???

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, adamstillman said:

thanks for the continued support as always, however, as others have noted,  ever since i updated vpinmame, ( the one that made addams family voices and sounds, sound much better ) 

other tables music are playing very fast, the tables are tmnt, back to the future, and I am sure some other older tables like that.any ideas???

Contact mjr about this.

49 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

thanks, found her? on here too i think....sent a PM to her,  

hopefully get a answer.. will wait and see, hopefully its nothing simple someone could just tell me right now??

maybe roll back to a earlier backup version and retest.