SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

Ok. Maybe I did something wrong. But all the roms where on normall colors again. I switched back to an older version and the roms started the work on colors again.

Like Sega's South Park, Creature from the black lagoon,  fish tales etc ( not sure the rom names on top of my head)

Must be a setting on my side if it is working for others. Thanks guys, I will update again and see whats happening.

Hi.

I'm running VPX 10.6 with PinballX, and since I've updated to rev4802, I've got problems with all my UltraDMD tables : I must click with my mouse on the playfield to add credits and to start table.

Before the update, all was running fine.

This issue happens with all Ultra DMD tables (for instance Goldorak, Minions, Metal Slug...), except two that  were having the same problem in the past, and that I had to fix with script changes found on forums (KISS and Diablo). These 2 tables still works, but they're the only ones.

What should I do to fix that ?

@Oldschool4 :

I tried to reinstall Ultra DMD, and the situation is a little bit better than before. But I'm far of the perfect running of all tables before the update...

I tried all my Ultra DMD tables (launching them directly with VPX ), and here's the result:

WORKING tables America's Most Haunted / Diablo (I suppose because of the script's changes)/ Kiss (idem) / Legend of Zelda / Masters of the Universe / Mortal Kombat 2 / Sons of Anarchy (and that's strange because it's a mod of Metal Slug) / Wizard of Oz

NOT WORKING : Goldorak / Metal Slug / Minions / Need for Speed / Stranger Things / Streets of rage / The web

Perhaps you can complete this list with other tables you have, in order to help the developers to find where's the problem ?

@CarnyPriest:

I'm a total newbie in virtual pinball, and all my tables were running fine before I update to rev4802. 

Nothing else changed on my cabinet, that's why I thought the source of this problem with Ultra DMD tables was this update. Sorry if it's a mistake from me.

If you say there's no link between the update and the fact that a lot of Ultra DMD tables no longer works, OK, you're the pro ! ?

hi, not sure if i'm on the right bit to ask this question, but the error I get when loading transformers is 

Line:60

Variable is undefined: 'InitVpmFFlipsSAM'

I've used the same build version above and found the sam.vbs file which is showing edited in 3.54 in the script

Am I missing something else as not really sure what it means, but just changing the script to have ' at the start of the InitVpmFFlipsSAM in the transformers script means it will load as it's stopping that line running, but i'd like to use it properly if poss!

• Content Provider

Get latest VPX beta build and copy over all files including scripts to your VP install folder

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vp-10-6-beta/

Get a recent version of the table

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/transformers-stern-2011-detail-mod/

Post on the table's support thread if you need more help.

Hey guys ... i´ve noticed with the new release of Bord´s Space Shuttle Table (rom: sshtl_l7) that the rom voices are ways too quiet (with VPinMame SamBuild 3.2 r4802). Retested it with the release of Sambuild 3.1 and all is fine. 

Any thoughts / hints i´ve missed ? Thank you and a nice weekend ?

greedings, Kai

Played the game yesterday and I didn't notice any issues ?! Or do you mean the sound for the drain pr. example, where I believe it is the astronaut screaming ? I know that there has been some work done one sound in the 3.2 life cycle. Not something Carny can fix, but, @toxie or any of the other main vpm devs might have a clue. The best feedback would be if you test builds from this thread, going back until it is ok again instead of comparing to 3.1.

14 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Played the game yesterday and I didn't notice any issues ?!

Really sure ? btw. i´ve played Space Shuttle very often in the past. Noticed at the first game now that the voices aren´t so loud as i remembered. So i made the test with SamBuild 3.1 and it works.

But, i will test it at another system now ...

28 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Or do you mean the sound for the drain pr. example, where I believe it is the astronaut screaming ?

Yes, those announces of the astronaut and some sound effects... are very quiet. but works with SamBuild 3.1 with a normal volume. Thanks for info @Thalamus

So i will go back some 3.2 Sambuild releases to test backwards (if i find them).

4788 and older didn´t work. The first version i´ve found backwards which works is v.4735 ... try it out with space shuttle and you know what i mean

thanks for your support and a nice sunday, greedings Kai

Since rev r4777 Jokerz bg music seems to be playing twice as fast. No big deal, just FYI.

TAF sound is much better! Haven't tried any other fix-related tables yet. I don't VP as much in the summer.

Thanks and keep up the good work!