5 hours ago, oradke said:

Hi all!

I've managed to install cb3's files to my Pin2DMD on my SWDE pinball. Weird thing is, the adjustments menu stays blank now! If I remove the SD-Card and restart, things are back to normal.

Anyone else seen this? Can this be fixed by adjusting cb3's files?

Thanks!

Oliver

This might be a palette color choice that's making the text in the menus appear black.  I didn't spend any time on the adjustments menu...I didn't test them either!  I'll take a look and send an update when I have a chance.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:42 PM, oradke said:

Hi all!

I've managed to install cb3's files to my Pin2DMD on my SWDE pinball. Weird thing is, the adjustments menu stays blank now! If I remove the SD-Card and restart, things are back to normal.

Anyone else seen this? Can this be fixed by adjusting cb3's files?

Thanks!

Oliver

This might be a palette color choice that's making the text in the menus appear black.  I didn't spend any time on the adjustments menu...I didn't test them either!  I'll take a look and send an update when I have a chance.

Thanks @oradke for identifying this bug!  I have rekeyed and colored the audit/adj menu and it should work now.  The files for vpin are attached.  Please message me for real pin files.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, oradke said:

After installing the new files in my SWDE, menu items are visible, but garbled (See attachment).

IMG_2048.jpg

I know what I did....sorry!  I feel like that's a "intro 101" error.

I need to mask this as dynamic content and not static, what you are seeing there is the "shadow" from frame I colored and I keyed it with a mask on the word "-AUDIT-"  so what's happening is everytime the "-AUDIT-" appears on screen it's replacing it with the frame that I colored and not a generic color scheme which is what we want.  This is a easy fix I will get an update out by the end of the week.  Thanks!

On 28/2/2019 at 13:58, cb3 said:

Sé lo que hice ... lo siento! Siento que es un error "intro 101".

Necesito enmascarar esto como contenido dinámico y no estático, lo que está viendo es la "sombra" del marco que coloreé y lo inserté con una máscara en la palabra "-AUDIT-", por lo que lo que está sucediendo es cada vez que aparece el "-AUDIT - "aparece en la pantalla y lo está reemplazando con el marco que coloreé y no con un esquema de color genérico, que es lo que queremos. Esta es una solución fácil que obtendré una actualización al final de la semana. ¡Gracias!

Hello, it is to be thankful for the work that you continue doing, when you take out the corrected version you could do it also for the real machine

All,

I have had a few requests lately to share my project or source files.  I have made the decision personally to not make my project files available to the public.  I will always share my work for vpins freely and openly, however I am deciding how I'll move forward as far as sharing work for real pin machines.  There is a large investment of my personal time and efforts that go into these projects and with that being said I will be a little more protective of my work.  I hope that the community can understand and respect my position, I will continue to provide assistance and help to any and all that ask and my work will ALWAYS be available to the vpin community.  I appreciate all those who have donated to me for my time, that acknowledgment keeps me motivated and very appreciative!  I may be willing to provide sample source files for a scene or two for tutorials.  Thanks!

Hi Cb3,

Sorry for my stupid question but why stopping to share your color version with real pinball? Of course it's your job and you decide what to do with, no problem for this but I'm just curious. Is there a Copyright problem, commercial use of your job, etc ??? Again, no problem with your choice just want to understand.

Hope my question will no hurt you... is not what I want, be sure?

I am of course not cb3. But, I can at least semi-understand why. I talked with the current "maintainer" for metallical 1.80 and asked if we could get a copy to host here at VPU for the VP. I was told he had no problems selling me a private copy for some bucks. His reasoning was, he had used a lot of time on creating it.

Do I see something similar here ? Hell yes. I'm just happy that cb3 feels like he is part of our community and chosen to share his hard work for free, just like he receives from others. Tables, db2s, wheel images etc.

Again - I'm not cb3.

1 hour ago, Thalamus said:

I am of course not cb3. But, I can at least semi-understand why. I talked with the current "maintainer" for metallical 1.80 and asked if we could get a copy to host here at VPU for the VP. I was told he had no problems selling me a private copy for some bucks. His reasoning was, he had used a lot of time on creating it.

Do I see something similar here ? Hell yes. I'm just happy that cb3 feels like he is part of our community and chosen to share his hard work for free, just like he receives from others. Tables, db2s, wheel images etc.

Again - I'm not cb3.

I'm going to assume that I am misunderstanding this post @Thalamus  because it's such a shitty thing to say, I mean you did get one thing right you are not cb3.  There is not one single person on this site that can say I have not shared my work or my time with!   The only thing I said I would not be sharing is my project files, so I suggest you go back a re-read my post. 

Again I may be reading too much into this....

That's just it. I didn't read all you have to say about the issue. I just mentions that there are sertain people out in the pinball community that does take money for their work. I did not at any time say that this was your intention, at least it was not what I intended to say. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

13 hours ago, nairolf said:

Hi Cb3,

Sorry for my stupid question but why stopping to share your color version with real pinball? Of course it's your job and you decide what to do with, no problem for this but I'm just curious. Is there a Copyright problem, commercial use of your job, etc ??? Again, no problem with your choice just want to understand.

Hope my question will no hurt you... is not what I want, be sure?

I never said I wasn't sharing the real pin files, read the post on Feb. 25th "please message me for real pin files".  I just don't know if I will post those going forward.  PM me if you need them.  Cheers!

Hi again CB3,

In first thanks a lot for taking time to reply me.. 

Sorry I was understanding you don't want to share for real pin but I'm not english and my poor english don't help me... Very sorry for this.

As I say I really don't want to creat any disturb and respect your choice and also your great work! Just ask this for my understanding?

I probably PM you because I use much pin2DMD (and more and more because I like it) and of course having a full color DMD was really a pleasure.

BTW thanks a lot and again be sure I respect your choice. Thanks a lot for all you do for the community!?

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
On 3/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, cb3 said:

I never said I wasn't sharing the real pin files, read the post on Feb. 25th "please message me for real pin files".  I just don't know if I will post those going forward.  PM me if you need them.  Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Okay, I have a pindmdv3 and could use some help. I read above that somewhere already got this colored rom working on a reall DMD pindmd3.  Here's what i've done so far.

1. I'm using the older DE version (not the latest mod)

2. I titled both vni and pal files as "pin2dmd" and placed in folder titled "stwr_104."

3. I placed that folder into altcolor folder in vpinmame folder.

Still won't work. Am I missing anything? Using freezy's 1.71 (86) as well. Thanks in advance for any help. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, MartDes said:

Here is my own Starwars project.

As you can see, i have been inspired by the work on the previous post.

It is still not complete, i guess it will be always be a work in progress.

starwars For real pinball.zip

Hello MartDes, I've buy a Pin2dmd because the datamatrix give sign of loosing plasma. The job you make is seriously nice for  Star Wars. But do you know why Yoda is blu on my Pinball ? An C-3PO is pink..  My Prom is a french Prom...  thank for your anwser.

Best regards