Ok, I've added support to Freezy's for this.    It no longer crashes and I see it picks up full 128x32 logo in attract mode now.

You can get my update here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFZmx9rVRi0vT5Me9kXvYLlS5TMSCgf-/view?usp=sharing

I've sent a pull request to Freezy so he can include in the next version.

@malenko, it looks like Mask 1 in your project has become corrupted and replaced by pixels from one of the frames.  This happened to me when I was working on Jurrassic Park too.    I think it's possible to overwrite a mask with a colorization frame when copying and pasting.     

5b399dbb0895f_ScreenShot2018-07-01at8_35_34PM.thumb.png.24fcffb3f9e084818945eedfb74ec7a9.png

1 hour ago, DJRobX said:

Ok, I've added support to Freezy's for this.    It no longer crashes and I see it picks up full 128x32 logo in attract mode now.

Confirmed.  Working for me now and I see a few color routines in the attract mode as well.

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, DJRobX said:

@malenko, it looks like Mask 1 in your project has become corrupted and replaced by pixels from one of the frames.  This happened to me when I was working on Jurrassic Park too.    I think it's possible to overwrite a mask with a colorization frame when copying and pasting.     

That is a bug I already reported to @Steve45. I had this problem also with Baywatch.

• Content Provider

is it bad I can tell that's a frame from the building scrolling down? 

I think I'll just kill the triggering frames till the end. its going to make the colorization unplayable though. 

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, freezy said:

I've released v1.7.1 which contains all of @DJRobX's changes. Cheers!

Thanks! Maybe I'll do more x16 games in x32 format now!

I redid the triggers, did some attract mode stuff, and added an animated "colorized by Malenko" because im so vain :P
Updated the Gdrive files.

Malenko.gif.65f752e773fcedcc3fafff0ea32e79b4.gif

• Content Provider
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, DJRobX said:

We need to get that into WCS somewhere too.   :)

I always replace the "don't do drugs" screens. I'll have to edit the screen to add you if you're going to plug it into WCS somehow.

• Content Provider

Did a bunch more attract mode stuff, been going through the rip trying to find animations, there dont seem to be many,

Its time to save April

helpme.gif.890fd0e7471de47d0fb7875579360740.gif

's lame ass animation :P

helpme-alt.gif.85246b3a0acd2c06e4123c4b519e4e18.gif

knocking out a few more little things then I'll upload the changes to the Google Drive

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Gdrive files are updated to .6

added some red gradients added to dull intro scenes
gradient.gif.8dc08fcbcdc264c4e6a69d0f612e388d.gif
 Michaelangelo name call done
 redid some "kitana million" frames
 April saved animation done, had to be masked because its dynamic
savedapril.gif.58d00bb408f10a65bcd716d1221b66d3.gif
 some pals adjusted
more key frames done still need to key bummer dude and both sewer call outs

38 minutes ago, lucky1 said:
It is a problem of freezy´s DLL not allowing to playback 128x32 replacement scenes when in 128x16 mode. Needs to be fixed by[mention=3117]DJRobx[/mention] or @Freezy.

Updated that in 1.7.1. I tested with an early version and it was fine. I haven't tested TMNT too much since I don't have a VPX for it yet.

CyberPez has a nice looking VPX in the works. I'm sure this project will get lots of attention when that is released. :)

• Content Provider

Gdrive updated. I'm going to go through one more time but I might actually be done!

Added Leonardo name call scene, pal, and trigger
    Added Donatello name call scene, pal, and trigger
    Added Raphael name call scene, pal, and trigger
    Redraw of "Last Chance" scene and trigger
LastChanceOrig.gif.ca3f8cc5907eb7b0ce551373697395a2.gif

LastChanceAlt.gif.ed5f6316785ac568ec5ead26a6668b78.gif
    masked of "smiling turtle"
    bonus and name entry done
    Pin2DMD animation injected
pin2dmd.gif.3b770f51ba87958613706cb0bfa681da.gif

I ran the latest and it seems fine with Freezy's.   But it seems that VPM skips frames on this ROM pretty often (despite showing 60fps...perhaps a timing thing?), so it very often is missing the animation triggers.   Might have to add the 2nd frames as a backup.     Are you testing this on a real pin Malenko or with VPM?

Here's my VPM recording of the intro eyes scene, for example.  You can see it perfectly skipped the the needed keyframe :(

5b5528e7d22c4_ScreenShot2018-07-22at6_00_52PM.thumb.png.d0988e574231783620dd34663d1e5438.png

Yep that's how I was testing. 

Like I said before it currently misses some frames on the animation sequences.  Lucky had also mentioned that these Data East DMDs update in an unusual way, may be better to make a D-mask over the lower left or right quadrant (64x8 or smaller) and just use that to key off of.   You can see in my capture that the left and right eyes aren't moving in sync.     Shouldn't be too big of a deal though.  

-- Rob