Hello Malenko,

I've downloaded your very latest files to test and report what works and what doesn't on my pincab. 
For reference I'm running Vpinball 10.6 with a pin2DMD (firmware 2.55) and I think freezy's 1.71 dll (I'm not aware if there’s an easy way to check ?).

I still see the following original animations in basic red dots , though it seems some of them should be replaced by your beautiful colorizations :
- building scene
- "oops missed"
- "b
ummer dude"
- "Help me"
- Splinter
- turtle showing the fingers
- names of Michelangelo et Donatello 
- Looping lit
- Use push button
- "Everybody out of the sewers"

So it seems that many keyframes still  aren't triggering consistently.
Also, the scene with the 4 turtles shells is flashing a bit weirdly, I get a mix of red and green on that one.  

However I did get at least one colored screen that I didn'thave before, the one with Shredder, and the intro sequence with the game logo/ colorized by Malenko is flawless here. 

Keep up the great work and let me know if I should upgrade to firmware 2.60 or test anything else with a different setup !

• Content Provider

Thanks!  I have a new recording I have to add to the mix and go through and try to trigger what's already done and see if that improves anything. I did a bunch of recordings but they weren't where I thought they'd be (in the table folder) but I found them in the dmddump folder I made under vpinMAME.

Building Scene I have play more often than not. I've seen it not trigger and Im hoping the additional dumps Ive made fix the triggering issue.
Bummer dude definitely has a triggering issue (its replaced by the rocksteady frames)
Help Me has never triggered for me , I will be chopping it up and doing a ton of 1:1 frames / triggers
Splinter is missing from the dump I have and Im not sure he's in my new dump, but I will get him recorded and draw up a new scene
Turtle showing fingers? 
I was happy I got Leo and Raph triggering most of the time and my new dump has mikey and Don in it a bunch so Im hoping this gets sorted
Looping Lit is missing form the dump
Push button is captured and needs colored
Everybody out of the sewers is getting redone and retriggered.

Sounds like you're a lot better at this pin than I am (despite me owning the real deal) Think its possible you could make a dump or two for me? It'd be a huge help.

• Content Provider

.12    Addition triggers for NUMEROUS animations , sequences, and palettes (way more to do, I need to do another capture)
    Added and colored missing big right arrow scene
    replaced "oops missed" scene with Kraang animation
    replaced "push button" scene with Baxter Stockman scene
    Added but havent redone "fight again" animation

PushStart.gif.59702c24dcee1b43e802953a95e16285.gif

ooops.gif.b22698924fdf07267c6ce9388946c2da.gif

I do need to adjust colors a bit, they look a little washed out. I just got my colorization panel from dpannel , so I'll be hooking that up and checking shit out

Thanks for the details ! Actually I'm a very bad player so I doubt I can provide much more than what you already have :)  - this being said I've tried to create a dump file but nothing was generated....
I relied on an old tutorial which told me to install a specific vpinmame.dll and I created a dmddump folder inside the vpinmame folder, I looked into it and in c:\temp but there was nothing...
Is there a tutorial somewhere explaining how to create dumps (or if it's quick enough can you tell me here) ?

I grabbed the latest version and am happy to report seeing the "push start" and  "you missed" pictures (a little bit washed out indeed). Cheers !

• Content Provider

make a subfolder called dmddump under pinmame
activate the dump by having use external DMD and show DMD in the game
open pin2dmd and tick "create dump file"
the dumps will be in the dmddump folder. You can compress them to gz with 7zip

tweaked Push Start colors, recolored kraang/shellbrain
redid Match game. Since its so random, there's no easy way to color the shells the way I wanted to. So its slightly blander, but less glitchy looking.
redid "insert coin" and its working closer to expected, not always animated but still looks good.
added and colored "fight again" This might get replaced with a new animation, but for now, its in there.
retriggered Brown belt.
added more eye triggers

same link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UtVjBM2hh9bKb0iMDwU_Sp-R8pJEFwqu

Thanks again ! I tried several times, with the subfolder created, re-installing vpinmame with "external dmd" + "show dmd" ticked, and "create dump file" ticked in pin2dmd (I saved the config, then re-opened the executable and let the window in place...)... but nothing materialized despite playing several full games. :(

I'll keep you posted if I can solve this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Everyone else is updating, guess I should too!

Release Change Log:

.16    Left/Right Jackpots with "swirl" in the middle colored (didnt know it existed)
    "I love being a turtle" colored
    added even MORE triggers for April's replacement "Help Me" redraw - This needs a color adjustment too.
    Added Splinter's Mulitplier (hope it works!) triggered on multiple multipliers
    Cut up and triggered the "Mikey Pop Bumper" this should trigger no matter what the starting position of the stock animation
    added more triggers for Donatello name plate, triggering gradient
    added more triggers for Leonardo name plate, triggering gradient
    changed Cowabunga timing
    added a secondary "go ninja go" scene and trigger

.15    Victory Lap countdown
    Victory lap complete redraw
    Replay colored, not redrawn. Its one of the few good stock animations
    Big Left arrow done
    Raph Sewer Colored
    SewerShot/10,000,000 colored

.14    Everybody out of the sewer redraw, reframed, retimed LEATHERHEAD!
    Looping Lit colored
    Loops counter colored
    Added frame triggers to coin up
    added more triggers for April's "Help Me" redraw
    added recording from CB3

I play tested for a bit, The Turtle name plates seem to be triggering properly now. Raphael still needs more trigger frames, but it defaults to red, so its not a big deal. I played like 6 games and couldn't hit the mikey pop bumper once!  Splinter's multiplier did *not* trigger a few times, so that's something I'll need to look into. Had no issues with "go ninja go" Everybody out of the sewer will need extra triggers.

outofthesewer.gif

Excellent !

I played a bit and saw a bunch of cool color animations I didn't have before - "help me" worked in all instances so far, the bumpers animation triggered flawlessly, I didn't notice anything on the platenames and I got the colored building scene.

What didn't work on my end was  "everybody out of the sewer" , Splinter, and the kiss scene between April and a turtle. 

• Content Provider

There are so many triggers for the "help me" its not even funny .  I am going to fix the color contrast on that scene though. I was super duper sad "Everybody out of the sewer" didn't work for me either. CB3 has sent me another recording, so I'm going to go through and add some more triggers for it. I also going to redo the victory animation and not use Raphael there, I was thinking a Miyamoto Usagi / Usagi Yojimbo cameo would work better there. I'm really trying to tie the game in more with the cartoon and the 2 arcade games visually.

I may actually take the time to do redraws for the Splinter Multipliers but its going to be a ton of cutting and splicing together to work the way I want it to in my head. Its a dynamic scene in the sense that its the same splinter "drawing" with a changing multiplier, but as far as I can tell its capped at 8x. Im still not 100% how to trigger it to be honest. Looping Lit also did not trigger for me.

The name plates have a slight gradient to them, if you see the proper turtle color to their name, its working. I had Raphael's not show up once or twice but his triggers a red palette anyway, so its not a HUGE deal.

I appreciate the play testing, its a HUGE help when other people can tell me what is and isn't working. Cutting, triggering, coloring, masking, etc takes up enough time as it is. Ive probably got close to 70 hours on this so far. I should have just masked everything ? 

I would think the multiplier scene is not dynamic?  It's always going to be 2-4-6- or 8 with that being said what I have done on all my projects is cut each one of the multipliers and key them individually as replacement scenes so you should have 4 different key frames color the scene once then copy/paste to the others?

• Content Provider

the first few frames are the same for all of them (at least 2 and 8 have the same checksums for the first like 5 frames. I need to chop it up into 1 to 1 matching (like chuin li's skill shot in SFII) then I can replace it directly. I also run into that problem where the triggers that start the animation also end it, so again 1 to 1 matching will keep that from being an issue. Im not just masking them, Im doing redraws. I'll probably keep the text part the same and just put the improved splinter on the frame.  Its going to be the last thing I work on, but Im finally almost done this table

Im uploading a new file in a few. Mikey Pop bumper is working like a champ. 4x splinter multiplier worked, cant seem to trigger the others,merp.

helpme-alt.gif

helpme2.gif

Have you thought about maybe outlining some of your redraws in absolute black?  It may help the figures and background lines stand out.  When the April scene triggered for me it seemed very "faded" on the display.

• Content Provider

Ive been trying to use more contrasting colors. Usually I try to stay arcade accurate but its not helping, I changed up Baxter Stockman's colors a lot and they still dont look right, so I replaced it with the turtles (which makes more sense too!). Ive made April's background darker but I might just kill it all together and just have her there

.17    Redid "Help Me" scene TWICE. I like the face close up the best
    replaced Baxter Stockman push start with the 4 turtles
    added more raphael triggers
    added new looping lit scene cut, color and trigger. less detailed, more consistent.

Added another recording from CB3 , more triggering to be done.
    "10 million point high 10 scene" cut, not added yet

helpme3.gif.493c388dae3326e9d2930f86990d15cc.gif

pushbutton.gif

The close up face looks Fantastic!

Not to beat a drum but I'm telling you the black negative spaces is what makes it stand out, same concept used in comic art.  The negative space add definition.  All that being said you are way more talented than I am, I can color but I can't redraw original art.  Awesome!

I was playing this earlier (VPIN), definitely substantially more consistent/reliable appearance of scenes this time! I did have a very minor issue when I was entering a high score; there was some kind of ghosting going on and as I scrolled through the letters, I was seeing a ghost image of the previous letter; it wasn't a short lived ghost either, there was a noticeable delay between moving to the next letter and that ghost image disappearing. I don't know that you have tried to colour that scene in particular, but it looked like some kind of colour mask scene type issue. I was still able to input my initials :)

Shredder looks so cool

• Content Provider

Thanks , If/When you put this in your real machine you'll have to let me know if something doesnt work. Im not putting it in my machine till after everything gets moved into my new house (we havent even sold the old one or bought the new one yet, but's gonna happen this spring)

@CaptainPin

• Content Provider

ok this is almost 100% done. I just need to do the splinter multipliers and trigger them. Finally got my spare panel from @dpannell2 all setup , and I just donated to Lucky for activation so I can fix color issues without having to trigger in game ?

Next up is some polish on LW3 then some polish on T2 then I work on my mystery game more :)

20190217_093800.thumb.jpg.36b76b5fd81409a7fcc62bced64c0b31.jpg\

though I am having palette issues on some games.

• Content Provider

lolololol, its activated. its an issue with the editor I think. I had to convert SFII to the new format to see it right, so I think it might just be a software thingie.

Super sad XL files look scrambled, guess I need to put together my XL panel and activate it too.

• 1 year later...