Hi Malenko,

Have been doing some testing of the color rom files with the recently released vpx table. I'm using a PIN2DMD with Freezy 1.7.1.

**Update 2 - You may want to ignore below - I'm running v2.55 firmware on the PIN2DMD and I've seen there's a v2.57 been released. I've asked Lucky1 to upload the latest files as the only version available at the moment requires a microsd card to update and I don't have a spare one to hand. Will keep you posted  when I get a chance to update to latest firmware. Will leave the information here until I can test**

Unfortunately all your redraw work does not appear to be displaying. The only full height 32 pixel image I've seen is during the attract mode when the 4 turtles appear on screen (see post #11). A lot of the animations such as the buildings and save April just show the original animations in red (not the scenes from the video game). There is also some issue with the colorisation in the attract mode (PLAY ME! is half whit half green), although stuff like the high scores seems to be colorised correctly. I've attached some photos to hopefully help (they're a little washed o ut). 

Thanks for all your hard work on this, hopefully I can help in some way in resolving this.

*Update - Have just randomly seen your full height TMNT logo after finishing a game and going back to attract mode*

IMG_20180809_124919.jpg

IMG_20180809_125026.jpg

IMG_20180809_125300.jpg

IMG_20180809_125307.jpg

IMG_20180809_125309.jpg

9 hours ago, robbo43 said:

Unfortunately all your redraw work does not appear to be displaying. 

Yes, this is  what I described above - a lot of the keyframes aren't triggering consistently.    I think the quickest/easiest thing to do is make both the first and second frames of these animations trigger.   It seems the DMD sometimes "skips" one frame.   Also as Lucky1 suggested it may be better to make a mask out of one of the quadrants and only trigger on it.   

Shoudn't be too big of a deal, I just haven't had any time to work on it myself.

I cant get this table to load when using the colorization files?  if i take the .pal and .vni out of the alt color folder table runs fine?  i am using freezy's .dll 171 anyone else experiencing this?

hey there, just wanted to give my test..using latest of everything, and freezys 1.7.1. with pindmd3.. sorry for the horrible camera and compression.. but i do get the custom 32 pixel tall images sometimes. the video happend to catch them this time. but if i restart the game i will only get 16 pixel tall images.  seems to be a timing thing.  

TMNT.MOV

On 8/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, lucky1 said:

Freezy´s does not support 128x16 as source with 128x32 replacement scenes.

You keep saying that but it does, we fixed that in 1.7.1.     There are just keyframing issues so the 128x32 replacement scenes don't always play.  But they do, sometimes, and when they do, they work fine. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Content Provider

bumping this because my vpin is all put back together so I'll try to fix the triggers now and see why some stuff is getting triggered when it shouldnt, and most importantly, get my intro screen showing every time (the one with the building)

tmnt.jpg

• Content Provider

I loaded up my files into the new editor and seem to have lost all the custom palettes I had in slots 1 through 8 so they had to be redone
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UtVjBM2hh9bKb0iMDwU_Sp-R8pJEFwqu

Fixed:

Orange Belt was using Purple Belt palette
Added Yellow Belt Palette
Data East Sai Palette redone
Recolored the frame with the turtle names and Multicrawl
Changed "Turtle Smile" to Mikey instead of Don (this is the animation that plays when you hit the pop bumper with Mikey) This will get redrawn and matched 1 to 1 with framing/triggers
Insert Coin recolored, will be cut down into 1 to 1 frame matching
Changed Data East Pinball to GREEN
Left ramp changed to yellow (since the left ramp is yellow)
Right ramp changed to green (since the right ramp is green)

I plan to go through and "black out" all the partial frames (see attached)
and then just trigger everything with first full frame Im going to work on the intro first, May do frame redraws instead of just colored words.

partial.gif

• Content Provider

Another update!!!!

Triggered the "colored by Malenko" animation
TMNT arcade intro plays pretty much every time now
Pin2DMD splash is in there but needs extra triggers.

Newly messed up:
some intro word triggers look goofy

I need another dump from the game for extra intro triggers and I need the free play screens ripped too (the one that says push button)

• Content Provider

Would love it if you guys test it and tell me whats still messed up for you. I have a list but I might be missing stuffs

Latest update:

.101    New x32 sized Insert Coin graphic (3 frames 1:1 trigger, taken from another Data East Game)
    Added delay to Pin2DMD scene, trying to avoid uneeded triggers
    cleaned up multiple intro word issues (save april, turtle power, cowabunga,etc)
    added extra triggers for turtle name scrolls

EDIT: testing insert coin, didnt get results expected

• Content Provider

That needs totally redone, I thought the animation was the same every time but its not, its randomized. I have a solution in mind but I need to slice and dice the sequence. I'm super annoyed the insert coin animation isnt working. Its acting like a mask overtop of the existing frames and looks weird. Maybe I need to update the firmware on this old panel before I drive myself ape shit.

I can confirm I also see a somewhat broken match sequence on my pindmd3, and the dodgy insert coin mask so that does not seem to be related to your firmware, if that helps.

I also saw on at least one occasion where the replacement for the eyes in the attract mode didn't kick in, but this was the second or third time around i'm sure. Did you know there is another small uncoloured scene during the attract of some baby turtles crawling out of the tube of ooze?! Really love that buildings animation from the animated series, it really shines on the DMD!!

Otherwise, game play (from someone who does not know this table very well) seemed to be OK for the duration I played, though I can't hit that right ramp for love nor money so not sure what i'm missing out on :D

On a side note it was great to see your source files too and see how someone else does it; I notice a lot (all?) of the duration fields are populated with numbers; until now in my own projects I've tried to leave these at 0 but last night I obviously did something and suddenly half of these have become populated in my project. I am tempted to set them all back to 0 but I am not sure what damage this will do. Annoyingly, my previous backup is a couple of days old...

• Content Provider

Updated the files with the latest.

I dont mess with frame timing unless Im replacing animations, Ive never really paid attention to it otherwise. I believe a 0 makes it stay until another sequence gets triggered over it.I updated the files LATE last night, and the canister scene is colorized and plays *most* of the time. As for the eyes and the replacement seen....... I might replace the canister scene with the 4 turtles jumping out of the hole, and replace the eyes with shredder's eyes redraw. Thanks for testing!

EDIT: Just had a GREAT game, 20m! That sbetter than I do on my real TMNT :(
Scene's Im missing:
Splinter...multiplier? Ive seen 1 2 and 4x with a crude rat picture
Replay/Play Again screen of a plunger launching the ball
2nd frame of name entry

Ive never captured from a vpin, I assume its the same as a real pin, just load up pin2dmd.exe and tick the record box; so I'll give that a go next.

Another Edit:
Shredder Eyes added
Canister scene replaced by the 4 turtles that used to replace the eyes
eyes should trigger during game

shredder.gif.f1a5a6fcf186e27c6dc614a7595fd306.gif

• Content Provider

Not working, no idea why, going to redo it from scratch. Its a replacement screen but its acting like a color mask.

Made another recording so Im going to get some more triggers in place and see whats what