HorsePin

[New VP10 Alert] Jaws VP (RomPin, HorsePin 2018)

The fix script doesn't need a main. That's just suspicious to me that you didn't have pip installed before you ran that, which is in the readme before the command.

If you have multiple python make sure its not defaulting to 2.6 or whatever when you're running those and pip. Same with registering the controller.

-- Part of that fix registers the controller twice. The second time it comments out a line in the controller. Might be worth a check because don't advise to have this on.

##_reg_clsctx_ = pythoncom.CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER

OpenSoundControl is for testing outside VP. You shouldn't need to be hacking it to get it working.

ok, good news! I got JAWS and EVIL DEAD working on my cab tonight. I ran the same directions on my cab as my dev workstation and the cab worked right off! I had to enable the b2s backglass in the game setup for both but that was nothing at all!

I have the evildead directb2s backglass, but don't see the jaws directb2s backglass. Is there one? Man these games are so impressive, Well done Dave, truly great work! So glad I can appreciate them now.

Glad to hear you persisted with it and are OK now.  I think it could've been the multiple python but paths not set to python 2.7 and running installer on top of that. I had weird trouble before I moved to 2.7 due to that. It is noted in the instructions to at least change environment paths before install.

I had to enable the b2s backglass in the game setup for both but that was nothing at all!

It's defaulted to desktop, the other thing for Cab users is turning off VP table sounds in service menu.

I did mention earlier in the thread that I haven't made one. It won't need anything special as no lights are wired to the translite, but would need 2 different options for a scaled up display. Then you have different screen resolutions, which running 1280x1024 from what I remember was std.

Too many variations I think it needs to suit everyones needs and just too much of a ball ache for me to make for something I won't see.

47 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

Glad to hear you persisted with it and are OK now.  I think it could've been the multiple python but paths not set to python 2.7 and running installer on top of that. I had weird trouble before I moved to 2.7 due to that. It is noted in the instructions to at least change environment paths before install.

It's defaulted to desktop, the other thing for Cab users is turning off VP table sounds in service menu.

I did mention earlier in the thread that I haven't made one. It won't need anything special as no lights are wired to the translite, but would need 2 different options for a scaled up display. Then you have different screen resolutions, which running 1280x1024 from what I remember was std.

Too many variations I think it needs to suit everyones needs and just too much of a ball ache for me to make for something I won't see.

Yes, for the directb2s, I'll just make a static frame similar to Evil Dead size frame. I upped the dmd_desktop_scale to 2 in the config.yaml and its a nice size for the backglass video so the frame will surround the display nicely. This size 2 for evil dead also put the frame exactly over the center rectangle so it fits perfectly. It was a bit of trial and error with the screen_position_x: and screen_position_y: values but I got them nicely aligned now. Great Stuff Dave!

46 minutes ago, luvthatapex said:

It was a bit of trial and error with the screen_position_x: and screen_position_y: values but I got them nicely aligned now.

Did you use the keyboard shortcuts to move it in place? F11 Show border, move it into place, F12 to save.

31 minutes ago, HorsePin said:

Did you use the keyboard shortcuts to move it in place? F11 Show border, move it into place, F12 to save.

Hah, it figures you had something like that! Nope I did trial and error, DOH! Now I know for next time, and everyone else knows too!

heres an idea... how about a step by step to make it all work...  :( I've been doing this for many years and never seen all this craziness.... I have CCC working like a charm 

uumm and why is the table locked??... I thought that stuff ended in vp8

There's a step by step which you can find in ED post. 6 steps in total to setup SkeletonGame, ProcVisualPinball. https://github.com/horseyhorsey/proc-visual-pinball/blob/master/README_2.7.md

CCC is a different pyprocgame which uses PyGame. So they're different, but you only really need the missing Python dependencies for SkeletonGame which is just done by running installer + fix.

I wasn't aware of the trend to lock tables but it stops you modding. The POV is easy enough to mod, you can adjust physics in the service. Most players this is sufficient, it's the just the ones who want to come along and put a pair of tits on the PF?

5 hours ago, HorsePin said:

There's a step by step which you can find in ED post. 6 steps in total to setup SkeletonGame, ProcVisualPinball. https://github.com/horseyhorsey/proc-visual-pinball/blob/master/README_2.7.md

CCC is a different pyprocgame which uses PyGame. So they're different, but you only really need the missing Python dependencies for SkeletonGame which is just done by running installer + fix.

I wasn't aware of the trend to lock tables but it stops you modding. The POV is easy enough to mod, you can adjust physics in the service. Most players this is sufficient, it's the just the ones who want to come along and put a pair of tits on the PF?

LOL... yeah I ain't the tits guy... I did do the official nude mods but I did it under protest , no joke...

I have Jaws running now after someone held my hand and showed me the deal.... as for unlocking... my interest is to now continue working on the lights and the overall look of the table... no silliness

this is all it took for me to get Jaws running , again after a little hand holding

if CCC already works
run these commands

pip install requests

than

python -m pip install --upgrade pip

this is what worked for me

17 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Yes, exactly. Tits. Deadite tits and shark tits.

There's room for them on the skiers, the welcome sign.

17 hours ago, hauntfreaks said:

pip install requests

than

python -m pip install --upgrade pip

this is what worked for me

Well, it was probably working before you used this.... python -m pip install --upgrade pip. This is instructed to run before run the fix script. Sometimes the installer could miss the initial pip setup. So running it after installing requests hasn't done anything but upgrade pip.

+1 for Hauntfreaks working on your lighting.  That's no knock on either of your tables, but Hauntfreaks is a lighting and graphics guru.  Worst case he will share it with you and if you don't like it then don't use it. 

I just know every table I have seen him mod, the table looks better in my opinion

I actually gave this guy a chance about a year ago when he was still whining back then about not being finished but then went quiet. It's not for modding lights or tits so I would either give up or just don't play it.

1 hour ago, HorsePin said:

I actually gave this guy a chance about a year ago when he was still whining back then about not being finished but then went quiet. It's not for modding lights or tits so I would either give up or just don't play it.

LOL... come on man... you gave me a very early version of the table... and I told you I would need a closer to finished version.... what part of that wasn't clear... am I a mind reader what you were going to code the lights to do?? ,
I don't get this pissy overtone, am I missing something??  and whats with the tits thing??  are you mixing me up with someone else?? ...... did someone shit in your cheerios??

your are  Chepas , correct??  am I mistaken?   if so, yeah you sent me a early version of the table, before all the lights were coded in... 

was this not directed at me? ---->  "I actually gave this guy a chance about a year ago when he was still whining back then about not being finished but then went quiet."   if it wasnt I must have miss read....